50th Anniversary Book Tour

I feel bad for the fans in Pigeon Forge. Apparently a lot of them were turned away after traveling long distances and some staying overnight. I would have been furious. I understand the cast stayed twice as long as expected and they still didn't see everyone.

Hopefully they can get the cast back to this area in the near future. And hopefully NBC has noticed the attention on this book tour.

Heck, people traveled from PA,some arrived at 2:30 a.m. and were in line from then on. They had over 5000 people show up, the cast stayed for 8 hours signing. Probably should have scheduled 2 days. They ran out of books.

That's the first time the cast has ever been this close to me, that I can remember. Usually the closest they come is Atlanta. I told Kat the other night, I'm glad I didn't miss trick-or-treating for that. Pigeon Forge on a normal weekend is busy enough, I can't even imagine what it was like Saturday.

Well......I picked up a Days 50th anniversary book and will be going to the book signing on Thursday night. Thanks Poirot and Katmouse for the heads up that they'll be doing a signing in Calgary.

It starts at 6:30pm so as soon as I am home from work, we are going to head to Indigo. I spoke to one of the staff there yesterday who said they are expecting a big crowd and that the actors will also be talking a bit about the show. The actors coming to Calgary are Kate, Theresa and Eric, I believe. I will post some pictures if I get some good ones. I have a feeling I will be at the back of the line but will be cool to see a few of the actors.

Hey there, Heather4CU, I do have to provide proof (the receipt) that I bought the book at Indigo, which is where the book signing is being held. I also purchased the book at the same location as many of the other locations were sold out.

AAAAGGGHHH!!!! I'm so excited now!! So my husband who works in the media industry just called to tell me that the Days actors are going to be in the studio this week and that I can come by to meet them. So I am going to bring my book there and ask if they'll sign it after I meet them. I'm sure I will be all tongue tied and have a few questions ready to ask but when it comes time to meet them I'll probably end up just standing there looking stupid and dumb struck!! LOL! LOL!

Back