6/1/21 - Donuts and Happy Birthday

katmouse

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Happy Birthday to Wayne and saminrafe

942f79334485cf82976f9b8e39b5f6fd.gif

Another rainy day here. I wish the sun would come back. My flowers aren't doing well.

I'm under a flood watch until 10. I went out when it wasn't raining much. I only got
around one time before it started raining more. It's a heavy rain now. I hope there
is another break in the rain later to walk more.

Wayne, thanks so much for keeping the board going. We wouldn't be here
without you.

manda, are you getting your mail now?

I hope everyone will have a dry day.

Last edited:
Good morning. Happy birthday to Wayne and SaminRafe. Yes, Wayne, thanks for all you do.

It's cloudy and was at or below 60* this morning but is making its way to 77* and sunny for later in the day. Rain gone until tomorrow. I still have breakfast dishes to wash. No real plans for the day but I may do some more cleaning in my bathroom.

Good morning everyone. Happy Birthday, Wayne!

A beautiful day here with temps going up to the mid 70s.

All of my garden plants have now been planted in the raised bed, and the bamboo trellis-like cage has been put together. So far the tomato, pepper, and zucchini plants love the self-watering system. I love that the plants are all waist high.

Work is intruding. Have to go.

Capture.JPG

Happy Birthday Wayne.

Weird day here in town. Got up, dressed, et al., for an eye doctor appointment, and they didn't have me on the books. Shockingly I had the appointment card in my purse, but I wasn't on the books for today. So I made an appointment for next week and headed to the post office to mail a birthday card I forgot to mail Saturday and now home.

kat - should you wish to share your rain, I could do with some.

Good Tuesday-pretending-to-be-a-Monday to you.

Good Afternoon Everyone,

Happy Birthday Wayne!!

Kat - Still no mail at my house, nothing since May 21st. I just don't get it, although supposedly I have a package that is scheduled to be delivered today, from USPS. I requested they email me tracking updates. I'm hoping it's coming with the normal letter carrier, so they can get in. However, I rarely get anything before 5 so I won't know for a few more hours.

We planted our garden on Sunday afternoon. I think the plots are smaller than 10ft x 10ft as I didn't have room for everything I wanted to plant, so I skipped the broccoli, as I've never tried to grow that before. We planted tomatoes, green beans, sweet corn, lettuce, and cucumbers. I apologize if I've posted all this already, my brain is a little fried today.

Gena is down to only 3 more days of school and 2 days they have walking field trips, so it should be a pretty easy week for her.

Robin - how frustrating that your appointment was originally scheduled incorrectly.

Kat - I hope you don't get any flooding, well beyond the ditch.

OC - Enjoy your dry day today.

RS - I'm glad your garden is doing well so far.

Have a terrific afternoon!

Rain stopped earlier than forecast. I was able to go out and finish my walk. Ditch
was rolling again like last week. It will take awhile for yard to get dry.

manda, that's strange not to get anything for that long. I hope you figure out why.

OC, I hope your day went well.

rs, good luck on your garden this year.

robin, I would send rain to you if I could.

Robin, cute cake, if it really is a cake. Oh my, how frustrating about the eye doctor appointment. That happened one time when I took my mother-in-law to the dentist in PA. They didn't have her on the books but she whipped out an appointment card that said she was right. She wasn't the type to back down so they had to work her in. It was embarrassing.

Squirrel, you'll get so much enjoyment from those plants. I'm glad you have nice weather today.

Kat, you really are getting a lot of rain. I hope you get a break soon.

Manda, I hope you enjoy your garden too. Your mail situation is worse than my treasure hunts for UPS deliveries. I've never heard of anybody not getting their USPS mail.

I think I'm going to have to give up on sitting down with my computer. I keep dozing off. I just now did for a few seconds and was dreaming I was driving on a lonely highway out in west Texas, where I haven't been in decades. When I opened my eyes all I saw was my computer screen. I was disappointed because I really wanted to see where I was. I think it was where my grandmother lived when I was growing up. Silly stuff!

It's been cool all day so I made some chili for my lunch. Will put some in the freezer.

This eye doctor is close by, as in walking distance if I could walk more than a block, and it wasn't 100 out. So coming back next week really isn't an issue but it was annoying as all get out to go there to not have an appointment. And I didn't want to wait to see if someone canceled and they could fit me in. It was just easier to make another appointment and return.

When I emailed the post office, they just said there's a lighter than normal amount of mail. Funny, my 4 packages with tracking numbers haven't made it either. I have one of those items scheduled to be delivered today. If I don't get it I'll be calling the local lady who sent me the email. This is getting ridiculous. I'm just glad that I don't get my prescriptions through the mail.

The mystery of the missing mail has been solved after I chased down the letter carrier at the building next door. Apparently our regular letter carrier, and our substitute letter carrier, are both allergic to bees and there's a bee hive in the key box on our building. The maintenance person for the post office was on vacation last week, so they have been unable to deliver for fear of death. The maintenance guy should be stopping by tomorrow to get rid of the bees. If not, I let her know that if they knock or holler up to my window, I will let them in so they can deliver the mail. I wish I'd have known that sooner, I'd have let them in every day.

manda, I'm glad the missing mail mystery is solved. I hope they can remove the bees without harming
them. Bees are dying off.

Am so glad your mail was not mistakenly being sent to your old home (where your ex is), Mandy. Am sure you will be getting a ton soon.

Had eye dr. appt. this a.m. Am laughing as I had it written down for May 31, but up here, you get called for "reminders a couple days before. So time was right, but it was 6/1 instead of 5/31. (Am sure a year ago, person making the reservation probably had not idea that was a holiday, lol) Anyway, eyes dilated, so took several hours before I got back to normal vision here. Just stayed in.

Caregiver came today, before I got home, but daughter still here, tho gone when I returned. New one, Mennonite, it seems, but very nice. Tomorrow, the one he has liked will be here for the next few days. He is happy about that. I have a ton of errands, calls, etc. and have dealt with some today. In addition, my good friend's significant other, who has been ill for about the same length of time as my hubby, passed away this a.m. so I had calls to make to various friends.

My friend had just sold her home on a different lake than mine was, and had purchased a smaller one here in town...we used to bowl together, but have been friends for YEARS. Yep, a former red hatter, too. Sorry, I just have been dealing with a lot. Take care, my friends, enjoy the weather, such a beautiful day here today, too. God Bless.

You are very brave to have stayed where you are for so long, as I would have been defeated long ago. Egads, that is frying eggs on the sidewalk temps...........(a newspaper in Chicago once did that when their temp went to that area one day ---years ago. )

Back