6/17/22 - Donuts and sunshine

82 and humid in NY, going up to 90. But tonight, 58, and tomorrow 68! Crazy weather patterns.

Kat - Stay cool and glad you were able to work in the flowerbed.

Looking forward to our show returning on Monday.

Wishing everyone a pleasant weekend.

1655484037542.png

Good morning......we got sunshine, at last, maybe I should not be too happy, as they say on Monday we will be in the 90s (over 95) with 80s leading up over the weekend, then 80s after during the week. You know, I got rid of all my shorts, even the knee length ones, as too vulnerable up here to ticks, biting flies, mosquitos, etc. But getting into 90s is daunting for us. The wind has finally died down, sure was wicked all day and evening yesterday.
I have been out and did my errands, one of which was try ing to find the MetLife office in town, which internet search insisted was on Main St. LOL, they even had a picture. Well, nothing but 2 or 3 empty buildings there with For Rent sign in window of one. My bank managed to deal with the issue I had to have taken care.
Came home and found P.O. had delivered the "free" govt. Covid test kits finally. took about 2 weeks.

Good Afternoon,
It's beautiful and sunny today, while I sit in the air-conditioned office trying. At least this training room has a huge window I can turn around and look out every now and then. I'm super exhausted today, I think all the stress of the last few weeks has finally caught up with me. I'm super glad I can sleep in tomorrow, well as long as the cat doesn't wake me up for an early breakfast.

Hoping you all have a day rich with blessings.

Good morning all..... today we have a chance of rain!! Tomorrow a bigger chance.... looking at the proposed radar I want some of what the weather guessers are smoking..... if you live in the south eastern part of Arizona you should have clouds and rain, but where I live..... it will be hot and icky...... Oh Well.... it's summer and what else is a girl to do???

Manda great to see you today...... Hope your cat is kind to you tomorrow morning..... you have had it rough the past few weeks.......

I have two boxes to send out to grandkids..... one is for a half birthday, the middle grandson was born the day after Christmas so I send him half birthday presents..... he gets the other half and on his birthday.....If I'm there I make a round cake and cut it in half so he only has half a cake.... anyway his half gift needs to be sent off.... and I have finally heard from my doctor that my blood work was perfect, and she renewed my medication.... I still have the bruise from the blood work!! so off to the pharmacy to get it.....

I'm thinking of making the Crock pot cherry cobbler today...... yum......

Cherry cobbler sounds delicious, Robin. I've never had one made in a crockpot. Does any of the crust get crispy?

Manda, bless your heart, I hope you get some rest.

Poirot, I'm glad the wind has died down and you didn't get any damage.

Wilde Woman, enjoy your wacky NY weather weekend!

Kat, your flowers must love you! Oh, I was excited this morning to see a little leaf of cotton popped up in my wash tub. I was beginning to think it was a lost cause.

We went and got my truck out of the shop today. My niece drove it home and I haven't talked with her yet but I'm hopeful it's going to be cooling normally now, and running better as well. Another hot one here. 100* the last time I looked. It still looks dusty today but yesterday the weatherman said the dust will clear out by tomorrow.

We ate at a popular cafe, local to the Wal-Mart town. Then we went our separate ways. We both went to W-M but we didn't see each other there. I stopped at the water company to see about having a meter put in for one of my hunters' camps.

Did any of you see the reports on the thousands of dead cows in Kansas? I don't know if they've made an official determination yet but last I saw, people were guessing it was from the heat. The whole thing seemed strange. There were what seemed like endless rows--up and down--as though they had been carefully arranged that way. It was heartbreaking and will be a huge loss to the owners.

The forecast here was for 76........it is now 84° !!!
Does anyone else put something away in a safe place, so they will access it easily when needed, and the next day, cannot find it? LOL And when I do, I am muttering, stupid, stupid, of course it is there....why did I not look?
Since no wind, or rain, went out again, groceries this time. Figured better today, rather than Sat. or Sunday. Tourists arrive and stores are pretty busy on the weekends.
And then, I had saved the dark lens from the eye doc one gets when it is very sunny out. I really like the kind my doc has. Of course I still cannot find where I put it. Grrrr. I wear glasses all the time, those hook on the inside. I tried at Walgreens, but their "hook ons" just did not do it for me. I have about 4 pairs of Sun glasses, but I have to wear them over my regular glasses. And only one fits right, but is not that ultra light filtering that Foster Grants do. So the ones in the store just did not easily hook onto my glasses. Grrrrr. I used to have prescription sunglasses, but again, they did not have the ultra violet whatever that stops the glare for me. So, when I needed new glasses, opted out.

LOL, woke up so early, could not get back to sleep (Sat. 6/18), finally stumbled out of bed, and voila! There were the sun lens from eye doc. right where I put them to keep them "safe". on the dresser. LOL,

Back