6/20/18 - Donuts and Good Luck Robin

Good morning everyone.

Muzzaman - What the heck time do you get up in the morning? I'm no where near functioning at 5:33am even though I get up at 5:00 am.

Yep, sending good luck vibes to robinsnest. I hope a job is offered in an interview today that is exactly what you want.

OC - Hope your blood pressure has settled to where it should be.

Last edited:
Good Morning. Let's hope the middle of the road day is a smooth one for everyone.

Muzza: thanks for opening Donuts as you commute to work. I am jealous of your early morning temps!

Squirrel: I saw this and laughed as I know you can relate!

squirrely.jpg

Robin: you will ace every interview when you are interested in the job. The rest are just practice. Any company would be fortunate to hire you. Try to stay dry in the 106F sunshine.

OC: hoping you slept well sans headache, no dizziness, and you are ready to tackle a new day.

Manda: keep ducking those roaming spies!

Shan: hope some sunshine brightens your day today.

Red: also hoping no rain, just some bright sunshine in your area.

Poirot: hope your weather is clear and warm and you enjoy a true summer day.

Kat: hoping those buggers have moved on to another area and you enjoy your walk with Goldie this morning.

Time for morning patient briefings!

What a nice surprise to get here and find all the chatter already! After a mostly sleepless night I dragged myself out of bed and came straight here to start the thread if it wasn't already going. Glad it is because I can't even think of a subject for it and I can't think what to have for breakfast. I may go outside and walk around a bit.

Muzz, you made me think of the old, old Jimmie Rogers song from the 1930s, "Waiting for a Train." Now the tune and his whiny voice are stuck in my head. I may have to listen to the recording I have of him, when I'm in the car.

Will check back later. Have a good day, all.

RS - I am out of bed about 20 minutes before my alarm goes off so I get out of bed at 4:45am, shower, get dressed, grab my lunch then typically at the train platform for 5:30am. There isn't a whole lot of hair under that cap of mine in my profile pic so it doesn't take me long at all! LOL!

Noel - Enjoy your indoor picnic and fingers crossed for some cooler weather for ya, but I'm thinking that isn't gong to be likely. :fan:

OC, isn't it funny what words will trigger a song to get stuck in your head. I don't know what you call it in your area of the world, but here, when a song gets stuck in your head and you cannot get it out, we call it an "earworm". There are songs that I will whistle forever and will always be stuck in my head no matter what, like Winds of Change, Simpsons theme song, Superman theme song, the 3 ring circus tune, and a few others.

This is for you, @Old Cowgirl

Morning all. Just a quick drop in while I'm finish cleaning up the kitchen.
Goldie and I had another early morning walk. It was sunny, but now
it's cloudy. I hope we get the rain today. It's only supposed to be in the
80s the next few days.

I only found three bugs yesterday. One was on a marigold. I usually don't
find them that low.

Muzzaman, thanks for the song. I bet you're a morning person like me. I don't
drink caffeine either. I'm dragging in the afternoons, but that's probably
because of the heat.

OC, I hope you enjoyed your walk this morning.

I need to get going. I hope everyone has a good rest of the day and evening.

Thought you all might enjoy this pic......Sunrise over Lake Superior this morning.....The weatherman posted it .......... Looks like an ore carrier coming in........(Remember the Edmund Fitzgerald?)

35728668_949293561897385_1074780789473804288_o.jpg

Mornin' everyone. Wish everyone a blessed day. Hope all of you living in an oven state stay cool!

Muzza - when I was young and looking for work, I knew not to get an early morning job. I would be fired the first day for being late! I can get up but I don't function until later in the morning after my 20oz. coffee.

Morning Everyone,

Robin - best wishes for a fabulous interview.

Muzz - I get up at 5 and leave my house at 7:15, but I get the 1st shift for showers so I have to start early, with 3 of us sharing 1 bathroom.

Sorry I can't reply to you all, too much work. But I wanted to update you all that they picked me as a candidate for an interview for the new supervisor position. It's not scheduled yet, but it's exciting news just the same. Now of only hubby could get an interview. :rolleyes:

I'll try to check back in later.

Just a quick check-in.

Muzz - thank you for the topic headline. I'm sure that will help!!!!

All the previous interviews I felt went well. So I'm thinking it's my age that is keeping me from getting the job. While they can't ask folks how old they are, when my resume shows my last two jobs, one starting in 1987 till now, being a 31 year employment history, my minimum age would be 49, if I had started at 18. And well, I didn't start those two jobs when I was young. Oh well, as you say, the perfect job is out there and I will find it.

The city has made it to my section of street and replaced the old street lights with new LED lights. Caused lots of consternation yesterday with the hounds. They were not fond of the man in the cherry picker. Well, those lights are much brighter than the old lights.

Noel - I saw in today's paper we are reaching 100 days WITHOUT rain. A good rain sure would be nice.

OC - I wish I had a magic "you will sleep soundly and wake refreshed" wand I could wave over you.

Poirot - that picture is amazing. The colors are so pretty.

Manda -:clap::clap::clap: They must know a good thing when they see it.

I have to dash. Be back in a bit. You have no idea how much your support means to me.

Back