6/20/18 - Donuts and Good Luck Robin

Rain started here around 11. It was heavy for awhile. Now it's a heavy mist. I hope
it rains all afternoon.

robin, I'm sure it's the age thing. I know that's why it's been hard for me to find one.
Hopefully, you can find one with all the computer experience you have. You know
more than I do

If anyone is interested, Aldi will have the bug zapper rackets in stores starting next Wednesday, June 27th. The best thing is they're only $3.99. That's a few $ less than what I paid at Walmart.com and Amazon.

Big thanks to JS for telling us about these last summer. I love the 2 that I have, and will pick up a few more at this price so I can stash them around the house.

csm_062718_S_47168_GDL_InsectZapper_Blue_OOP_Overview_d6afaa55af.jpg

JS - I may have to deal the the snoops, but if I do, I could potentially be their new boss, so I'm sure I'd be a little more free to do as I please. Muwahahahah (that's my evil laugh). :rotfl:

Robin - that's the issue my husband is having too, I think. The bulk of his employment history is 2 jobs in the same field (forklift driver) and when you put 30+ years of experience on a resume, it's easy to figure he's not young anymore.

In many cases, older people are much more reliable, dependable, stable. They don't have to take time off because of sick children (yes, have done that), don't oversleep, lol, don't mind working 10 min. past closing time and more. However, yes, companies prefer younger it does seem. There is no happy medium. Young people will say they are not given a chance because they have no experience, older folks have too much, or over qualified, etc.

Muzz, thanks for posting the song. Old ones like that always make me smile. I never got around to listening in the car today so I was glad to see it, with the video too.

Poirot, that picture is gorgeous! I remember the Edmund Fitzgerald mostly from the Gordon Lightfoot song, but somehow I'm thinking maybe the tragedy occurred while I was living in Pennsylvania, which was 1975-1978. Is that the time frame or am I way off? I seem to remember hearing about it at the time.

Kat, I'm glad you got some rain. I wish we did. Still a chance through tomorrow but not likely. Then turning off hot and more hot. The past two days have been relatively mild because of clouds...low 90s*.

I use my bug zapper all the time. It is so satisfying. :)

My morning walk never happened. After posting here I went into the kitchen to get some breakfast and found a heavy trail of ants on the cooktop and the countertop on either side of the cook top. I wiped them all up with soapy water but the weird thing is that I can't find where they are coming in. They seemed to appear out of nowhere in the middle of a baseboard. Somehow I think they are coming from under the house. No trails around the house outside. I had the problem less than a month ago and kept wiping them up until they quit coming.

Doctor visit went okay. He's changing my med because I was coughing constantly while talking with him.

Evening all.

I wanna bug zapper. I'm going to have to find one. I have a gnat driving me nuts.

Mr. Gus is at the resort.

My Lyft ride is ordered for tomorrow at 4:30 (ick) for the ride to the airport.

I saw The Incredibles II today. As the credits rolled, I saw a thank you for Days of our Lives. Apparently they used a clip. I don't know if I just missed it, or if it was cut. But I really enjoyed the show. Jack Jack (the baby) stole the show.

On my way to the movie, I received a call from another company wanting me to interview. So I will talk with them when I return from the midwest.

Ok so I've never heard of bug zapper rackets. I looked on eBay and Amazon and they have a variety if them. Is there any certain brand anyone recommends? I'm in bugs paradise sometime here. The mosquitoes love my sweetness! They don't bother most of my friends and family but feast on my blood. I'm so lucky. Figures the only thing that loves me are mosquitoes!

Is there any certain brand anyone recommends?

soapkitty, they're basically all the same just different colors.

I bought the ones that were the least expensive and shipped/fulfilled directly by Amazon and Walmart.com. That's just my preference since I find it easier to deal with those 2 entities instead of "unknown to me" companies if something is wrong with the product or it goes missing on the way.

That sizzling sound is just soooo satisfying. The thwack of a flyswatter just isn't the same.

Exactly! So satisfying.

I got mine from Amazon. It's called The Executioner. Is orange. Amazon is just so much easier for me.

I ended up staying home today, though I got all ready to go to the nursing home. I just didn't feel well. Also, Fix-it man and his helper came to paint my rails and house trim.

Okay, editing to say the comment about staying home should have gone on Thursday's thread.

Back