6/21/2022 - Donuts and Hello Summer!

Old Cowgirl

Reaction score
Haha, as though we haven't already been experiencing it intimately for the past month! Oh well, looks like it continues in all its glory today, at least here in Texas. I'm waiting for word on whether the overnight charge worked on my truck.

Kris, broken ribs are so painful but I'm glad there was nothing more serious with your grandfather. I hope they can keep his pain minimized while he rehabilitates.

Wishing all of you a good day.

Well, summer arrived here with a big ol lightning storm, lots of rain, in the wee hrs. Surprised me when I woke in middle of night to see all the lightning. Yesterday a.m. my internet went out........."wide spread outage".Was out all day into the early evening. By then, I was into TV, but could not seem to find something I really wanted to watch. Had a couple of very long phone calls, so that took some of the time, lol.
Another 90 plus day here, the A/C has been on and off all day yesterday, have ceiling fan going constantly. This is unusual for the far north, and fishermen are not all that happy, needless to say. Wayyy too hot on the water, so I guess very early a.m. and evening have to do it. Of course we now have 99% humidity, such fun..........NOT!

It's a sunny morning here. It was in the 60s when I walked. It's going to be in the
90s this afternoon, but with humidity it will feel like it's close to 100.

I worked in the side bed an hour after my walk. It's in the shade for awhile. I'll
be inside the rest of the day.

OC, I hope your truck starts this morning.

Poirot, I'm glad you got some much needed rain.

Wishing everyone a delightful first day of summer.

Good morning.... last night our internet went out, the cable went out... it was annoying..... of course it was also midnight so why did I spend an hour trying to fix things??? no idea..... I couldn't even get my travel hot spot to turn on (it's not connected to the cable company) so I could reboot things Hunny Bunny totally messed up the TV and stormed out when I asked him to stop bashing the buttons. This is a Smart TV that has several channels and apps so he got it hung up in the app department and getting it back to TV was my aim. I was successful.
all is working now....
Today I want to continue training the beast but I'm not sure I'll get the help I need... Oh well..... HB can't see that this will help in the long run....
I hope everyone has a great first day of summer.....

Good afternoon everyone. Another case here of thinking I'd been checking in, but was surprised to see it had been several days. Life and work just seem to get in the way.

I was in training all of yesterday. What a snoozer! I could've taught the whole dang class in 2 hours or less.

Today was a school in the southeast area of my county. We spent 2 hours in the car in order to be at the school for 45 minutes. Normally I wouldn't care, but the temp is in the 90s today, and the sun beating in the car was extremely hot even with the air conditioning on. I have no idea how some of you endure these temps and hotter for so much of the year.

Friday was the monthly lunch out with friends from my southern county. While planning our July lunch, we decided to have our usual August picnic that we've missed since COVID -19 hit. We've already rented a shelter in front of a bandstand in a community park. The band playing the Sunday we chose is one that we all enjoy. They play a mixture of country rock and 1950s & 1960s rock and roll.

Saturday and Sunday were in the 60s here so I got a lot of work done outside.

OC - I hope your truck starts, and if not then it doesn't cost you an arm and a leg to fix.

Kris - Prayers are going up for your grandfather's healing.

Poirot - You can quit sending those nasty storms my way. Having the power go out in this weather is definitely not fun. Plus I'm tired of resetting electronics and clocks.

kat - Staying inside this afternoon sounds like a wise choice.

robinsnest - I'm sure glad I don't have anyone "bashing the buttons" on my remotes. That would drive me up the wall.
HB can't see how training the beast will help in the long run?!?!?! I hate to say it, but man is he clueless. It would make things much easier. Especially for you.

Back