6/23/21 - Donuts and church library

katmouse

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Another cool morning for walking. Humidity comes back later today.

This morning, I'm going to the two church libraries. I missed the last two Wednesdays. I'm going outside after
lunch and do some things.

I hope everyone will have a wonderful day.

Good morning everyone. Sorry for being absent. Work, life, and bad weather got in the way.

Had my first IET (Integrated Energy Therapy) in a little over 2 years last Friday. My headache of over 6 months is gone, and my stress level has gone from 20 on a scale of 1 to 10 down to a 5. I don't know if this actually works the way it is claimed to or if it is just mind over body, but it is well worth it to me. Some people put it in the same category as Reiki, but Reiki does nothing for me.

I have school 5 days a week until the last week of July when I finally get a vacation week. These classes are all 5 year olds who are in a bridge program before starting kindergarten in August or September. The program is funded by the United Way and individual school districts. The United Way pays the teachers and for all supplies. The individual school districts provide the classrooms and breakfast/lunch/snacks.

kat - Enjoy your library volunteer time.

Amanda - I hope Gena's injury isn't aggravated by the walk for the field day.

Poirot - Have you or the your husband's VA caseworker contacted the DAV Transportation Network in your state to see if you can get help with transportation for your husband for medical appointments? Veterans and other volunteers provide rides free of charge in specially equipped DVA vans to VA appointments and other medical appointments.

I'm sorry that I can't respond to everyone. Have to get moving.

Good Morning Everyone,

It's another lovely cool morning here, but I know the temperatures and humidity are supposed to start climbing back up today. Nothing too exciting for me today, although my company is having lunch catered into the office for all of us who are here, so that will be really nice.

Now that Gena's foot is starting to bruise, I think she actually strained/sprained her foot and not her ankle, as all the bruising is on the top of her foot and by her toes. She's still wearing the brace as it wraps around her foot and her ankle, but I made her wear her sneakers today, which should be a given considering the long walk, but she still tried to get away with flip flops. So far she's still continuing to improve, but we'll see how today goes.

Kat - I hope you enjoy your time at the library.

RS - welcome back. I'm glad you found some relief for your migraines. I hope the time at all the schools goes well and doesn't bring the migraines back.

Have a great day everyone!

Mr & Mrs Finch are sneaky with their kids. I knew yesterday the way the parents were
acting and singing it must be time for kids to leave. I kept watching last night and
this morning before I left. They baby birds were gone from their nest when I got home.

rs, I'm glad to see you today and you're feeling better from your therapy. Take care
when you out doing your work the next few weeks.

manda, enjoy your lunch today. I hope Gena does well on her walk today.

Good Morning. It is sprinkling outside. It's also 87 but that is better than 105. I bet you'd be shocked to hear the Beast isn't fond of the rain. Even though it's really just a sprinkle. Back to the ridiculous heat tomorrow.

RS - good to see you here, and I'm glad the therapy helped you. Even if it's mind over matter, that's still worth it.

kat - those sneaky birds, getting their babies out before you got a chance to say HI and BYE. Enjoy the garden.

Manda - I do NOT understand how people can walk in flip flops and I'M a CALIFORNIA GIRL!!! I hated the thing between my toes and how my shins ached after a day of wearing them. They are only good from the house to the pool and the pool back to the house. I do wear Birkenstocks so I do wear sandals, just not flip floppy things. But I do hope that whatever Gena wears, her foot/ankle doesn't give her too much trouble.

Off to face a Wednesday.

Robin - I completely agree about flip flips, I have one pair, that I use once or twice a year for when Gena and I go for pedicures, as they are a tiny bit better than the disposable ones at the salon and my normal sandals would smudge the polish. Glad you're having a cooler day, poor Vinnie, afraid of the water bullets falling from the sky.

Squirrel, the IET sounds interesting. I'm going to look it up and read about it. I hope your relief lasts for a long time.

Robin, I so wish you could keep the cooler temperature for a bit longer. More rain would be nice too, even if the Beast got on everybody's nerves barking at it. Haha!

Kat, it sounds like Mom and Pop Finch were just waiting for you to leave the house. How inconsiderate of them!

Manda, I'm wondering too about Gena's foot. It's promising that you said it was getting better. I sure hope the same can be said after the long walk. Your description reminds me of what I had a few years ago. I had it x-rayed right away and was told no breaks. Foot was soon quite swollen and all kinds of black and blue. I didn't find out for a while but it turned out to be a stress fracture. A "boot" helped. Oh, add me to the list of those who don't like flip flops!

Well, so far my "girls" have torn up my wind sock and bent over a shepherd's hook pole. I don't know how I'll straighten that out.

We took the cube cart to the feed store and got cubes today. Then we fooled around with my niece's cows and got them into the smaller enclosure so they'll be easy to get into the pens tomorrow. Cowboy is coming to work hers and mine in the morning. I hope it can get done early. It's going up to 100*.

All indications are that my pickup truck's air conditioner and transmission are both in need of attention. Ouch! Depending on the diagnosis, either of both could be costly and it doesn't need to be delayed--after tomorrow.

Back