6/24/21 -Donuts & Lightning galore!

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Woke up 2:30 a.m., jim dandy lightning all over, constantly. Interestingly, no thunder! Quite the show, tho. Fell back asleep, awake at 5:30. So it did rain, not much tho.....just .04". Probably north or south of here is where it really really fell big time. However, skies are still dark & overcast ....so maybe it is not over. No idea. As Robin notes, all one gets is weather guesses, not forecasts. LOL

Have a good one, folks.

Good morning everyone. It'll be a hot humid day here. Meanwhile, my office is hot while the casework office is freezing. I don't care what people say, zone heating/ac does not work. Our area of the building is controlled by a computer, and there is a display panel in a hallway. My office number always has a yellow alert next to it. :rolleyes:

Taking an online course from the University of Pittsburgh, and it is BORING!!! I have to pause it after every quiz just to get away from it for a few minutes.

Poirot, you can just keep that nasty lightning up there. I've had enough storms to last me the rest of the year. Unfortunately we're to have severe storms all weekend again. :sad:

Good Stormy Morning,

Poirot's storms rolled through here starting at about 8 am and finishing about 9, although it was almost as dark as night while I was driving out to the office. I'm really glad I stopped back at home after dropping Gena off to mostly close the windows, as we had tons of rain with really strong wind, thunder, and lightning. The thunder still rumbles here and there, but the skies are getting brighter now, well still cloudy, but not the thick black clouds.

Gena's foot was very sore when I picked up up last night. More purple bruises near her toes and along the outside of her foot. I had her ice it and keep it up for the night, so she watched movies in my room until it was time for bed. She said today she'll sit out of the gym time to read her book.

She's excited for tomorrow as her best friend's mom asked me yesterday if she could spend tomorrow at their house. So I'll drop her off at her friend's house in the morning, rather than the club and they they can be silly giggly girls and play video games, make crafts or whatever they do. After spending the day with her friend, we have tickets to our 1st AAA baseball game since 2019 and it's Harry Potter Night at the stadium, so Gena is super excited.

Poirot - I hope your weather improves for the rest of the day.

RS - We have similar problems at my office with the zone heating/cooling. Most days they just crank up the air conditioning and we all freeze by afternoon. I keep light jacket at my desk for the afternoon.

Wishing you all a marvelous day!

Sky lightened up a lot, sun is trying to peek out, but only lasts 10 or 20 seconds, before disappearing. Mandy, you got thunder, and hard rain, which we did not get, hard to figure which way these weather systems will decide to move and where they actually land.

Had to delay going out for a couple errands as the weekly nurse visit was delayed for later this a.m.

Sure do hope Gena's foot starts to heal up. Poor gal, glad she is getting to have a fun day with a friend.

I would probably freeze with what you two describe as zone cooling. I take a jacket to grocery store or Walmart as I freeze inside them both. Employees say it is controlled elsewhere!!!! So they can't do anything within their own store. Sheesh!

Morning. We didn't hit 100 yesterday!!! But it felt icky out after the rain. How do you live with humidity???? The Beast is at daycare today and will be having fun with his friends. We will be back to the 110+ by the weekend. Boo. The 100's are okay, the 110's are not.

We did end up with 0.20 of rain, at the official site. I had a rain gauge, but it was too much work to keep it empty of dust and bird poop. And really, no one wants to know about bird droppings.

Prayers for the people of Surfside, Florida. What a horrific thing to go through.

A good morning at the small library today. I shelved a few items and did rearranging. Then I did a
big job. Someone requested a book and it couldn't be found. It was an adult non fiction so I started
at the beginning of the numbers and made sure everything in order. I found several books in the
wrong spot. I did a happy dance when I found the missing book. It's number is 796. It was with the
728. It's a skinny paperback so you couldn't see it's title. I know adults put things back when they
aren't supposed to and usually in the wrong spot. I found several items today on the cart people are
to use when they don't want something.

I'll be inside the rest of today. I plan to do outside chores tomorrow morning.

robin, you stay inside in the afternoons when the humidity is high. I went out yesterday after lunch
and that was a mistake. I got work done, but felt bad the rest of the afternoon.

Poirot, I'm glad you went back to sleep last night. I hope you were able to get out and do your errands.

rs, try to stay warm in your office. Hopefully, the storms won't be too severe this weekend.

manda, I'm glad Gena will get to have fun with her friend tomorrow. Enjoy the game tomorrow night.

Prayers for those in Florida. I wonder if it was a gas leak.

Well, there was not a fire, or explosion so doubt it was gas. Sounded like the balconies somehow came loose, separated from the building, causing other materials to come apart, and just collapse on each other........But who knows? Eventually, they will learn the cause. Right now, it is evacuating people, and finding victims. God watch over all there.

I did manage to get out after the nurses left, I stopped at McDonald's as there was only 3 cars in line, and .........their milkshake machine was broke. Sigghhh, just got burgers, hubby likes them, as they are thin. Then ran over to my errands, and back home. I still have to go to store, but........maybe later. It sure has not cleared up, keeps looking like rain any time.......and only 73, when it was to be 82 and I am not complaining about that at all.

Oh, but.........well, the other day gas was $2.91 in town, down from $2.98, and today it is now $3.05!!

Poirot, that's odd if that's how the building fell. I wonder if the land got unstable
after it was put up.

Only suggested that because that is what happened to some other building somewhere.......it was the balconies giving way suddenly.

Poirot - McDonalds's shake machines are broken more than they work. The one near my house rarely has ice cream of any variety because the machine is down for repairs. Burger King in the opposite direction, but same distance from my house always seems to have theirs taken apart for cleaning.

So sad about what's going on in Florida. I haven't been able to read up on it too much, but it looks terrible.

Good afternoon. My first time getting on the computer today. Sounds like a lot going on in everybody's lives. I'm so far behind with the day, I won't try to respond to all but I'm glad to get to hear about everything.

We got our cattle worked today. Had to get out by 6:30 to call up my herd and pen them before the cowboys were to arrive at 7:00. I set my alarm for 5:30 but woke up at 4:30. I didn't have to do any work but it was exhausting nonetheless, as it was hot and humid, and we'd spent all week getting things ready. Today just lots of getting in and out of trucks, walking around, standing and watching, in the heat. The a/c isn't working in my truck so my g-nephew, who was helping, pulled his truck up where I could sit in it and watch what was going on, with a/c running. My allergies have been so bad, I started wearing a dust mask a couple of days ago, whenever I've been outside.

Our cows were more cooperative than usual this week and today, which was a real blessing, since this kind of work needs to be done in the spring and fall, when weather is cool to chilly. But our cowboy had a lot of setbacks over the past 6-8 moths (knee accident/surgery and later, covid) so here we are. It's always a huge relief to get this done and and even bigger one to know I can stand around or sit and watch what's going on in the pens instead of having to be in there myself!

The only blip today was that my niece's two bulls got into a fight and knocked down a fence and got out. We were able to get one of them back in with some feed but the other one took off and went berserk, sending about four of us bystanders scrambling for cover. He started running all over the pasture so even the cowboy's highly trained dogs were unable to get him back. He was the underdog in the scuffle between the two bulls so he's no doubt off licking his wounds and will probably show up by tomorrow morning.

Everything was done by a little afternoon. I was too tired to even eat. I came in and took a shower and slept for 45 minutes, then had some leftovers.

That collapsed building makes me remember I was in Dallas visiting my daughter a couple of years ago, when a similar thing happened downtown, only in that instance a large crane had hit the apartment building, causing it to collapse. We happened to be passing that way, maybe the next day, I can't recall, and there were police and emergency vehicles all over the entire area. It's so sad and sobering when things like this happen.

Back