6/25/2021 - Donuts and Friday

mandamiee

Reaction score
Good Morning,

Gena is happily tucked in at her best friend's house, and she was even more pleased that I stopped to pick up donuts for the girls and a fancy coffee for her friend's mom on the way there. Her foot is feeling better today although new bruises seem to keep appearing.

We're both very excited for the baseball game tonight. I'm even wearing all of my Harry Potter clothes and accessories to work, so that I'm properly prepared for the game. I'm grateful that we can pretty much wear anything reasonable to the office right now.

The clouds have cleared out and it's supposed to be a beautiful day.

Sending love and prayers for all of you.

It's another sunny, humid day. I walked before breakfast and I used trimmer after breakfast. I planted the last
two zinnias. After I water and fertilize, that's all the outside work for me today.

Yesterday and today my friend and I smelled gas when we were walking. When I was out by the ditch today,
I smelled it more and called gas company. The man came to my house and he could smell it. They found where
the leak was by the corner where we smelled it. The meter had a small leak and with the breeze today it was
blowing around. Leak fixed.

manda, are you getting mail regularly now? There's a stuff going on at the post office. You should contact
your congress person if you're not getting mail. Have a great night at the ballgame.

I hope everyone can have cool day.

a724a91c5535000fc590c8ab4ba0ce7b.gif

Yikes a gas leak is scary, I'm glad they came out so promptly to fix it.

As for our mail, yes the USPS maintenance man came and cleared the bee hive out of the little key box and now I hear and see the mail man stop every day. I don't get mail everyday, but I'm not going to complain about a day without a bill or more junk mail. The bees have moved their little nests to the under side of the balcony above mine, but it's a good 4 feet above my head, and so far they haven't bothered Gena or I when we are out there. I think they like my flower basket, suits me fine as the keep my flowers blooming.

For our missing board member Noel. Happy LEON DAY!!!!!! (Noel backwards) 6 months till Christmas.

Eeek a gas leak!! I am glad that was taken care of kat. Those are not things to mess with. Turning off the gas at the house was the only thing that freaked me out during earthquake drills. And of course the gas line to the house is outside the master bedroom under the windows.

I will be splashing in the pool later today.

I am glad Gena had a great day yesterday and sounds like she will have fun today.

I went to Target yesterday. First time in the store to "shop" aka browse, in over a year. I've been to Target to pick up prescriptions, but it's a straight line in the store to the pharmacy, then out. HB loves to grocery shop, so I don't do that. Sometimes I get to go with him but generally he likes to go alone. It was so nice walking around the store.

Happy Friday.

Manda, I'm glad you can enjoy the bees and they can enjoy your flowers. In my experience, honey bees don't tend to be aggressive unless they are Africanized or directly threatened. Sounds like you and Gena have a delightful day lined up. I hope it all goes smoothly.

Kat, good thing you are so attentive to things around you. Gas leaks are indeed scary!

Robin, it's funny how such a simple thing like browsing in a store can be a big treat after being deprived of it for a long period of time. I was thinking about Noel the other day when I heard Hallmark is going to be showing Christmas movies in July.

Speaking of being attentive, yesterday my niece did something that potentially saved me a lot of grief. In working her cows and mine, there are trips back and forth between the two places (3 miles apart). One of the cowboy's helpers had hauled some of my heifers from her place to mine, after they were branded at her place. He was told to put them with the rest of my cows, which were still in the pen at that time. After the day's work was finished up at her place, she and I came back to my house in my truck. She'd left hers here--we'd had the feeding cart on mine. She let me out at my front door and went to park my truck around back but I noticed, instead, she went off down the hill toward the pens. Thank God she did!

My cows were all still shut up in the pens, with little shade and no water! She said they were bawling frantically. It seems the cowboy in charge had assumed the hired hand would know to open the gates and let the cows out, when he delivered the heifers. But the hand didn't know to do it. My niece said she didn't know why she decided to drive down and check on the cows (we all thought they had been turned out). She's more than ordinarily intuitive about things. If she hadn't done that, there's no telling when I would have realized there was a problem, which could have been a disastrous one.

I have to go to town for prescriptions today and I've let the better half of it get away already. Now I might as well eat lunch first, since it's already hot!

I had a surprise when I got home after lunch. My mower had been by and mowed. I was lucky
he was still in the area so he come back. I have the backyard gates locked and he couldn't get
in. Since there is rain in the forecast, there are several people mowing yards right now.

OC, I understand. It got in the 90s here today feeling close to 100. Do you have rain in the
forecast? It may rain tomorrow, but Sunday is the big day with rain off and on all week.

Last edited:
Same here. I had something to do, but honestly, people coming and going in my house, then hot temps when I have free time is really not good. I like a.m., but it is very hard to do. Getting to feel like a prisoner.

Kat, I do have rain in the forecast, beginning Sat. night and going at least through Friday. It appears Monday and Tuesday have the highest possibilities. I have an appointment to put my truck in the shop on Tuesday. That may have to be changed.

Back