6/26/21 - Donuts & It's an odd Wonderful Life

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
LOL, woke up at quarter to 5, trying to get back to sleep, and for some weird reason I began to imagine some kind of remake of the movie It's a Wonderful Life.....with Days actors/characters in the roles. Jack was George Bailey, Jen was his wife, Mary. Victor was grumpy Mr. Potter. Lucas became Clarence the angel trying to help...Xander & Rafe were Burt & Ernie (the cop & cap driver), Steve was hero brother Harry, tho at first he was Nick, the bartender, lolol, but that was taken by John, Marlena was Mom, Nicole was the gal who borrowed money to get out of town, then brought it when George needed it. I tell ya, This is not a good idea when one is trying to go back to sleep, needless to say, never did. Ha.

Sun rose, hung around for about 1/2 hr, then took a hike, clouded up here....will it rain or just fake us out? Who knows?

Have a great day, my friends.

A quick check in before going back out in the humid 90° temps. Taking a ride to Menards about 45 minutes away in Ohio. I need some things, and I'm not thrilled with the selection at Lowe's. I don't even bother with Home Depot because I can never get waited on there.

Laundry is done, and put away. I made 3 containers of an "eclair" dessert. A 9" x 13" for work Monday, an 8" x 8" for friend Cindy's son, and a small container for me. Now there isn't much room in my fridge for anything else.

Poirot, I love your idea! That would make an excellent Christmas episode or a week long arc as long as Days didn't try to change the story or bring other story lines into it.

When I left Walmart this morning, it was pouring. Since it was a pop up rain, I didn't have my
umbrella. The umbrella wouldn't have helped. I was soaked from head to toe. All my bags
were soaked. When I got closer to home, the streets were dry. My car was mostly dry when
I got home.

I may start my vacuuming this afternoon since I'm not planning to be outside.

Poirot, sounds like you were sort sleeping/dreaming early this morning. I have odd thoughts
sometimes right before I go to sleep.

rs, have a safe trip to Ohio. Your dessert sounds yummy.

I hope everyone has a pleasant day.

"Eclair" Dessert

Very refreshing on a hot day!

This makes a 9"x 13" dessert. You can make a smaller amount by using 1 small box of instant pudding and 2 cups of milk.
2 small boxes (3.4 oz each) instant vanilla or French vanilla pudding

4 cups cold milk

1 tub ( 8 oz) whipped topping thawed

1 box graham crackers

1 tub chocolate icing ( any name or store brand)

9"x 13" glass or plastic container.

Follow directions on the pudding box, and whisk the pudding and milk together until pudding is soft set.

When pudding is at soft set stage, gently fold in the whipped topping.

Line the bottom of the 9" x 13" container with 1 layer of whole graham crackers. Break crackers in half along a side if needed to fill in on a side or end of the pan.

Spread pudding mixture over the bottom graham cracker layer.

Top pudding mixture layer with another single layer of graham crackers.

After removing the top and seal of the icing tub, place the tub in the microwave. Nuke on full power for 30 seconds. Stir icing. Continue to nuke at 10 second intervals until icing is thin and pourable.

Pour icing over top layer of graham crackers. Spread icing to edges of container.

Let dessert sit until icing is cooled and starts to thicken again.

Cover container.
Refrigerate dessert for at least 4 hours before eating.

Note" The graham crackers are meant to become soft as the pudding layer sets up in the refrigerator.

Just in time for the weekend we got our 110+ temps back. I have lots to do outside but am lacking drive to get stuff done.

I may pick up some vanilla pudding and graham crackers tho. That sounds good.

I like the idea of Poirot's casting of It's a Wonderful Life.

Off to a warm Saturday.

Oh Robin, I'm so sorry you're back up to 110*. My son's family is up in Oregon in their RV and now I'm seeing that it's gotten above 100 up there. I don't know if it's that hot where they are but it's kind of ironic that they go to such great lengths to escape the Texas heat and it may be cooler (less hot) here than where they are.

Squirrel, your energy and motivation never cease to amaze me. Your wonderful cooking treats would be more than a full-time job for me, if I could even do it.

Kat, what an experience you had with the pop-up rain! It probably cooled you off for a little while.

Poirot, you have such a great imagination! Glad you got away for a little while, into your own creative fantasy world.

The cow saga goes on. Yesterday a cow escaped from somewhere and went on a rampage. A calf followed her but though she was obviously in need of a calf to feed, she wouldn't have anything to do with this one. She ranted and raved all day, going through fences all over the place. Long story but this morning she showed up and followed the cube cart into a pasture where my niece and I both have some heifers. When I held the gate open to let her through, she gave me the stink eye. :eek: :rotfl:. The calf was already back in that pasture with the heifers (how?) but it was still bawling and nobody was paying any attention to it. So there are still some unresolved issues and gaps in fences as well.

The sky is so heavy right now, I don't know how it keeps from raining. Chances increase tonight and tomorrow but for now everything looks to be going northeast of us.

Egads, OC....your adventures with the cows never end, and are all so different. That éclair dessert sounds delicious, but.......I can't eat chocolate, so.........

Am so tired of people coming in and out of my house

Today, I had episodes with houseflies collecting on the windows here in the sun room I call office. No idea where they came from, why they are here. Never happened before in past 3 years, We never open any windows, there are NO holes in the patio screen door, I went ALL round the house 3 times, not even any flies anywhere outside!! I have NO idea where they came from. So I sprayed, and now the windows have bug spray on them.......Ugh.

Hubby has a slew of appts. next week, almost every day, in preparation for this upcoming heart valve replacement. Blood draw, dentist, 2 different trips to Duluth to see Dr. , something every day except Tuesday. CT scan, too. Sheesh. Hubby displeased, complains to me........I had nothing to do with arrangements.

And now, tho I have given him dinner, I have not eaten anything. Nearly 7, got to get something or other.

Back