7/15/18 - Donuts and clouds

This morning there are a few clouds in the sky while our humidity & dewpoint keep rising. We are headed to 103F with dust storms this evening and no relenting of the sticky air. That translates for us as an 'indoor day'.

After church we continue on our Christmas in July projects while also watching Hallmark Channel Keepsake replays of Christmas movies. The music, decorations, and visions of snow keep us motivated to craft gifts.

Kat: wishing you a blessed Sunday and a little rain to fulfill your day.

OC: does summer ever leave us here in the southwest? This time of year it never feels like it will move to Autumn to me. Hope you do get a little rain now and then before October!

Wishing all who follow us a great Sunday relaxing and sharing time with family & friends.

Good morning...it hit 90 yesterday, and was already 76 at 6:30 a.m. ..guess we have another hot one, today. (was higher than weather forecast).

Concert last night as great, (although a bit too many religious songs for me, which I did not expect). This man and his son have all the equipment.....father has a piano and 5 keyboards that he plays at practically same time, son (26 yrs.) plays drums, both sing, son has great voice. Couple of funny things.....Father singing Nat King Cole's Unforgetable, the duet with daughter Natalie, the son does a high voice imitating her, the gestures and antics as he did so were hysterical.

Then at one point, talking nostalgia and years ago, father begins singing the intro to All in the family, and the son did the screechy Edith part...could not stop laughing. They are both very talented, father went to our church piano and did music from the movie The Sting, Fabulous. And you cannot believe the reaction when God Bless the U.S.A. started. People just stood up until the entire place was standing, and joining in! The son sang Raise Me Up just beautifully, the father did Ave Maria, some Barry Manilow songs, Neil Diamond ones, and even Phantom of the Opera salute.

The A/C which always has the place so cold, was not enough last night, lol. I understand that the Saturday mass was held outside under a tent, in 90° weather....egads. (Inside was being set up for concert). Off to church now, see you all later.

Good Sunday morning.

Congrats to France for winning the World Cup. The part of the game I watched was very entertaining and good.

Tomorrow I start the new job. So many things to worry about. Will I sleep tonight, will they like me, will I like them? What will I do all day when I now have to request to have bathroom breaks and can't eat whenever I want? None of these are major questions. But they are nagging here.

As Noel stated, it's icky here. I'd rather have rain. Or heat. But not both.

Off to Sunday morning.

I'm hoping I'm getting a pop shower. I was outside getting my
neighbor's trash ready since she's out of town again. It started
cooling down and I heard thunder. It's usually hit and miss out
my way. I'll have to water later if the rain doesn't come.

robin, great news you can start your new job already and that you
were able to do some fun things before you had to start.

Poirot, I'm glad you enjoyed the concert and there were fun songs too.

Hi Everybody! I hope that everyone is having a good day. Today has been a typical Sunday on my end. I got up early and had to do a pile of chores. I was able to get most things I wanted done before lunch. After lunch, I took a nap and then got up to find out there were more things I needed to get done, so I did those as well. Right now I am taking a break before I start dinner. I am having corn on the cob, a pasta salad and a steak. It should make for some good summer eating.

The weather has been extremely hot today. Right now it is 86*F. That's the base temperature and not the heat index. It is also very sunny outside. I am really enjoying the weather this summer, hot hot hot. Just the way I like it.

Wishing all of you a splendid Sunday! Sending each one of you so much happiness.

So, I've been busy getting ready for tomorrow. During the course of the day, the following tragic picture was taken:

Gus small bed.JPG

After a few hours and a couple of loads of laundry, Mr. Gus figured that he needed to move to the bigger bed.

Gus large bed.JPG

Sadly, the same results.

I wish someone would take pity on this poor 7 pound poodle and purchase him a bed that is big enough to hold such a big dog.:rotfl:

Back