7/28/21 - Donuts and More Noisy Drama

Old Cowgirl

Reaction score
Good morning. Well, he's at it again. Neighbor's bull showed up again this morning and has been in my driveway kicking up dirt and butting heads with my bull. It's pretty ridiculous. Like a couple of toddlers--more noise than anything else. The neighbor bull finally walked off and now mine is roaming around hollering again. It almost echos through the hills. Stupidity comes in all sizes and shapes--the other bull walked off to the east so my bull went west to look for him. :rolleyes: This could be a long day.

I'm off to meet with some friends at the church. Looks like a sunny, hot day. Hope everyone is okay.

Thinking of, and wondering about, Robin.

Hot, humid, and more rain expected.......later on. Absolutely HAVE to get out to errand running, Ugh. Too many! I guess there is going to be some really hard rain this evening, or afternoon, or else tonite, whenever it will arrive. Of late, it is sudden.
Hope Robin is managing o.k.
OC.....sorry for all the noise, heck, those two bulls are not even getting at each other over a cow.

Good Morning,
I'm skipping my walk today as I donated blood this morning. I haven't done that since before Covid, so it was good to get back to the donation chair. Gena's back at club today and started her morning with counseling. Dinner last night was amazing, we went to Hu Hot, which is a Mongolian BBQ buffet, the best part is that it's not precooked, the buffet is all the ingredients and then they cook it all on this huge flat top grill. So yummy, Gena gave it a thumbs up, too. Bonus for my friend apparently kids 12 and under eat free on Tuesday, so Gena's dinner was free.

OC - those bulls are funny, I think I would laugh if I was watching huff and puff at each other, as long as the fight doesn't get serious anyway.
Poirot - Good luck with your errands today, the humidity is bad already. I tried to smooth out my hair with pomade this morning, but I walked outside and by the time I got to the office it went back to sticky straight up again. :rolleyes: I'm really ready for the top to be just a bit longer so it will lay flat.

Happy Wednesday

This morning, I went to the church library. We had things to do today. We may go back
next Wed to finish up.

I'll be inside this afternoon since it's sunny and with humidity it feels like over 100.

This morning, a female finch was at the feeder. I don't if it was the mother or not. Usually
both parents come at the same time to feed the babies. They sing to each other too. They
aren't doing it with this batch of babies. Not sure if same parents as before or maybe
because they had them later than usual.

OC, I hope the bulls behave themselves the rest of the day.

Poirot, I hope you got out early to do your errands.

manda, I'm glad your dinner went well. Sounds like a good place to go.

I hope everyone can stay in during the hot weather.

Last edited:
Talk about just squeaking in. I had new caregiver come in at 8, leave at 10, was about to leave, but learn the nurse giving sponge bath was coming early, so had to wait.....so, was 11:15 before I got out, sky was looking so ominous, so I really dashed to get at least a couple things done. Dashed into supermarket needed bread..........the bread shelves were completely EMPTY. fORTUnately I found a few loaves in their home baked area, (more $$$) , ran around the store, and checked out just as a few drops were beginning. Needless to say, was dashing home, you should have seen the huge line of cars at the McDonalds drive up window. It is raining, and coming down. Have seen a bit of lightning, hearing some thunder......yep, we are to get drenched here with winds to boot, even tonight. Just glad I got home before it got stronger.

We're supposed to get some wicked storms later, not excited for that.

I talked to my lawyer today, sounds like I should actually start getting child support pretty soon, she followed up with the agency for me today. The court forgot to send them something and since I don't get any government assistance, they don't have records on me to get them more invested in going after him. It's just silly.

Oh dear Poirot, how miserable for you.

Kat - I'm glad you were able to spend time at the library today.

Poirot, sorry to hear about your morning. I hope you have a better afternoon.

robin, it sounds like you're at the cabin. Enjoy.

manda, will you be getting back child support when it starts coming in?

Oh Manda, that will sure help if you get child support. I guess that means he is still working under the system they have set up for him. It's great to hear you had such a nice dinner and Gena's was free. My son and his wife go to some kind of place like that on special occasions, only I think it may be Japanese.

Kat, it sounds like a good day to stay in, now that you got the trip to the library done. At least you have some entertainment with the finches. They are keeping you guessing.

Robin, thanks for the update! Rain seems like a good thing. Hope it helps to put out those fires. I bet the little people like Vinnie as much as he likes them.

Poirot, what a relief to make it in without getting drenched yourself, if only by barely! Hope you can get some rest this afternoon. Empty shelves seem to be showing up too often. For mechanical items, such as lawn mowers, etc., people here are finding almost none and are being told no more will be in stock before about December. Can't get parts to work on them either.

The bulls are gone for now. They've probably settled under a shade tree for the heat of the day. Manda, I do laugh at the silly bulls. I've seen vicious fights in the past but most of the cattle now are Angus so don't have horns. That takes a lot of the spunk out of them. Poirot, you're right--no girls in sight when these two are carrying on. As with many herd or pack animals, they just have a built-in need to establish dominance.

OC, I usually keep the blind right by the couch closed. I've been opening the blind a little
to keep an eye on the basket. The male finch fed them about 30 minutes ago.

Kat - I should get some back support, I don't know if they'll set him up on a payment plan or what will happen exactly, he's just shy of $4000 behind in child support. I'd rather they don't make him catch up on the back child support for awhile, as long as he's behind I get to claim Gena on my taxes rather than having swap back and forth every other year.

OC - Hu Hot has locations all over the country so they may be going to a different location of the same restaurant.

My attorney is on a roll today, she also sent his attorney a letter giving them 30 more days to get me off the mortgage or she will file a contempt of court motion for that not being done yet. We'll see how that plays out. Today is turning out to be a very good day.

Good evening everyone. I've definitely been making the most of my vacation week by working at home. The entire first floor has been scrubbed down including walls plus bedroom and livingroom carpets .

Today was jam making day...strawberry. The humidity was causing a problem with the setting. Hopefully all of the jars are set by tomorrow. If not, I'll have a whole lot of chunky strawberry syrup.

Tomorrow is pickling day. I make sweet and sour pickles with onions and red pepper strips.

OC , those bulls sound amusing , but I bet their bellowing can get tiresome if it goes on too long.

Poirot, your storm is to hit here tomorrow morning. I hope it doesn't knock off any more of my baby zucchinis and Italian peppers from the bushes.

robinsnest, please be careful. That huge fire looks so scary on the news.

kat, I can't even imagine all the work you do in the heat and humidity.

Amanda, I'm glad your lawyer is following up on the judge's orders. About time the jerk paid what is owed to you. Hopefully it'll start coming out of his paycheck each month.

Last edited:
oH, SQUIRRELLY, doesn't sound like much of a vacation to me....but am glad you have time to do what y ou really want to do. God Bless.
Mandy, so glad you had such a good day. Kudos to your attorney........Never heard of HuHot.....sounds terrific.
Oh, Robin.......hoping things improve!
And just adding a huge thanks to all of you, as the turmoil currently in my life has been difficult, and you are there for me. Bless you, truly!

Poirot, I'm grateful for how you've been here for us all these years. Can't say how much I've appreciated being able to come here through many of life's changes and challenges.

Squirrel, my jaw is hanging open after reading all you've been doing. Your mention of sour pickles took me way back in time. I haven't seen any or heard anybody speak of them since my grandmother and her sisters used to make them when I was growing up. I loved them with salt on them. But now that I look at your statement again, I think maybe you mean "sweet and sour pickles," not sweet pickles and sour pickles, which would also be good. Maybe like what I think of as "bread and butter pickles?" Did you ever make pickled peaches? People used to make those too. I loved them.....Yes, the bulls bellowing is amusing for a while but it can get tiresome, especially during the night. So far, so good, this evening.

Yep, OC. The "sweet and sour" pickles I make are basically the same as store-bought bread and butter pickles...my favorites!

Poirot, I'm doing all of this work now so I can truly have vacation time at the end of August without worrying about the heavy cleaning needing to be done.

My brother is waffling about coming from California for 5 days in August. Though I'd love to see him, I don't think it is quite safe enough yet to have him here. I might feel differently if he wasn't up close and personal treating COVID-19 patients in the hospital.

Back