7/3/18 - Donuts and Nerves

Little Sweetness: after vacation work catch up routine is always hectic and exhausting. Thank goodness. You can relax and rest on the 4th tomorrow. Hope your A/C unit holds out til Autumn. Happy 4th tomorrow.

Poirot: how frustrating for you. Sure hope your 4th is calm and relaxing.

If anyone gets bored, or is actually curious go to google (www.google.com) and check out their interactive "doodle" today. It is highly searched recipes from your state. I had no idea there was that much snow in North Carolina. (now you will have to visit the page to find out what the heck I'm talking about!!)

Yeah, so that this a.m. They had Meatloaf for WI........be sure to add parmesan & cheddar. I cracked up laughing........

Noel, I couldn't imagine having 95*F (35*C) at night. I don't think I even experienced that kind of night time heat even in Australia. That crazy, girl!!!

Iamred, Enjoy the reas of your week. Hope you have some fun things planned.

Poirot, Dinosaur Provincial Park is amazing and so cool to see the hoodoos. My husband's cousin has booked us a fossil Safari and get to visit an ongoing dig of dinosaur fossils. If you are interested in a pretty amazing look at a dinosaur almost fully intact, skin and all, check out this discovery in northern Alberta.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmo...nosaur-edmonton-alberta-bloat-float-1.4383741

@katmouse would you mind if I asked you to private message me the link to your YouTube again, please? Also, yes there are active digs at the park and trails through the hoodoos with exhibits of partially dug up fossils.

My Manada, how did the interview go? What was your gut feeling when you left?

Shanrick, it's feeling the same here today. I actually brought a light jacket to work with me this morning.

Lil0, haha, nice that your grandson is so comfortable to ask while he is already on his way to your place and bringing friends to boot!! Enjoy your visit, festivities, and food.

RS, we'll catch up with you soon enough. Hope tomorrow is a fun day for you. No work!!! Wooooohoooooo!!

Robin, hope you get to see the fireworks. Every August Calgary hosts the international fireworks festival called Globalfest and different countries compete. Each night is a different country and the fireworks are all matched and orchestrated with music. It was pretty cool to see the variety, designs, speed at which they go off. Such talents on these teams from all the different countries.

Little sweetness, no threat of melting of a heatwave where I'm at but it's a comin!! I actually read a headline that 6 people have died in Montreal because of the heat. Crazy.

Ugh, I got home from work and realized i forgot I had to register my vehicles by June 30th so instead of going to the gym I spent an hour and 15 minutes at the registry office (DMV in the states). Ugh, I know, first world problems.

So after waiting, gym? Beer and pizza. Gyyyyyyymmmmmm? Or Beer and Pizza.

Beer and pizza won.

Have a good night everyone.

Luv it.....beer & pizza...yayyyy! Muzza, that article was fascinating.....

Lil0 reminded me of something....years ago when I lived in Illinois. My very dear cousin was coming to spend the July 4th weekend with her husband, 4 children. 3 girls, a teen boy. Well, they arrive, the boy brought along two teen male friends. (16 yrs.) My cousin was mortified....I have 4 kids so we 6 now have 8 extra people for holiday weekend.

My girls and her girls slept on the living room floor......the teen boys in family room in basement. She got our bedroom, we got my girls' bd.rm...my young boys retained theirs. See, I had an in ground pool........and needless to say, all weekend, all I heard was "everybody in the pool. Kept them occupied for sure...lovely weather luckily. But FOOD! Egads....good luck with that, Lil0....Boys have such HUGE appetites.

Muzz, I was a little ahead of you. I registered my car a couple of weeks ago and realized yesterday that I've never put on the new sticker. I still haven't done it. Sigh....Hope I don't get stopped.

Little Sweetness, air conditioners always seem to go out when it's the hottest weather. I hope yours holds out for you.

When I got in my car to leave the nursing home today it said 111*. After I got down the road aways it said 108*. Now, after 8:00 o'clock at night, it is still 101*. Too hot! A couple of days ago I decided to try out my car's seat cooler. When I'd tried it in the past it never seemed to feel any cooler. So this time I took a closer look and realized I'd been pushing the button for the passenger seat! I'm such a dummy. Well, when I pushed the right button it cooled off fairly quickly and felt good. However, as hot as it was today, I was about 3/4 of the way home before it even started to feel cool.

Loved that story, Poirot. Took me back to when I was growing up and my mother's relatives were always showing up unannounced (we didn't have telephones out here then). As I've puttered around in this tiny house over the years I've often wondered how in the world my mother handled so much company.

Lil0, it warmed my heart to hear about your grandson calling you from the ferry. I would have died from panic if it had been me, but still, I think it was an unforgettable sweet moment and I loved hearing about it.

Muzza: it is crazy hot here for months on end. Thanks for the link, it was so interesting. Beer & pizza sound like the perfect end to a frustrating stint renewing vehicles! Wishing you a great night.

Good evening.

The other day I was out looking for a dog stroller at Goodwill. Mr. Gus just can't walk far and while I've taken to putting him in a normal everyday backpack, he isn't fond of it. They were putting out Christmas items for a brief Christmas in July sale. I picked up two sweaters for my kids who attend annual ugly sweater parties. I shipped them out today and picked up a hot spot so I can have internet at a meeting on Saturday. It was a toasty trip from post office to Verizon to home, to find Hunny Bunny parked in the driveway taking his car apart. I have no idea why, but it is now back together.

Muzz - thanks for the story. I have to renew my driver's license. I need to make an appointment. Here in the weird state of AZ, you get a driver's license and you don't need to renew until you turn 65. When Hunny Bunny turned 65, he didn't receive a renewal notification which made his attempt to get on the airplane difficult.

We have an early morning tomorrow. Hunny Bunny forgot it was a holiday and made arrangements to pick up a donation to the club.

Have a terrific night and I'll see ya tomorrow.

Back