7/30/22 - Donuts and Happy Weekend!

Jammers

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Loooong time no post. Miss being able to be on here. Quick catch-up for me…Granddaughter Piper will be 3 next month….she is my heart and a nut. Have a grandson due is January! Husband probably about to medically retire due to back and neck surgeries. I’m the same ole same.

Hey Jammers, good to see you again!
A bright sunny day here, our reprieve is over and back to hot summer days and warm nights. Mid to upper 80s, and while I know that sounds terrific for those with upper 90s & tripple digits......for us it is just TOOO hot. LOL However, a breeze always helps.......(not one so far). Been awake since 5:30! Stayed in bed, just could not fall back asleep, dang it.
Have a wonderful, lovely, restful day..........ENJOY!

Welcome back, Jammers! Congratulations on the new baby and wonderful that Piper will have a baby brother or sister (if from the same parents and not another child). Wishing your hubby the best.

Poirot - sorry that the weather just won't cooperate.

New York is 77 now, sunny, but temps will creep up, a very hot and humid week ahead.

1659185644552.png

Welcome back, Jammers! Congratulations on the new baby and wonderful that Piper will have a baby brother or sister (if from the same parents and not another child). Wishing your hubby the best.
Piper is my oldest daughters daughter, new baby is my youngest daughters. So cousins but my daughters are very close so the littles might be more like siblings.

Welcome back Jammers. It sounds like you've been keeping busy with family.

I'm still waiting on the big rain. Right now, the rain is going above and coming around the opposite side
of me. I should have went out earlier for my walk. I got sprinkled on and came home. I may go out again
and walk more while I can. I'll be doing studies today.

Poirot, I hope you won't have to go out today.

Wilde Woman, enjoy the cooler temps while you can.

Wishing everyone a fantastic weekend.

This is the huge Lumberjack World Championship weekend, & I stay away from the crowds, traffic messes, etc. Was bad enough thursday........there is a carnival going as well, plus just down the hwy., another county is having their county fair. Safer to be home. (yes, years ago I was part of the crowd, but only short period, lol)

People next door to me are having a garage sale, yesterday & today........There were shoppers yesterday, but today seems slower than molasses in Jan. Am sure it is all the tourist traffic today, people just stay home rather than get into it.

Welcome back Jammers! Congrats on the growing family!

I'm writing from Cambridge, UK! Delightful warm weather here, yet supposed to get muggy and rainy the tonight into tomorrow. At least the nights will cool down. I'm here for a week with most of my family, on vacation and also have a 3-day conference I'm presenting at in the university. It's on Monday, and I'm a bit nervous, but hoping to make professional connections. My brother Noah didn't come, as he is flying to San Diego for a few days for work, and then to here to England by the time we'll have returned to Israel. Odd scheduling indeed...
Hope everyone is staying cool and enjoying the summer.

Jammers, it's great to see you here. Thanks for starting the thread and for giving us an update on your family. Wonderful days with grandbabies! I'm sorry to hear about your husband. I hope his injuries aren't severe enough to keep him from enjoying his unexpected early retirement.

I'm happy to see several posting on here today. Usually, hardly anybody shows up on weekends.

It's been a quiet day here. I woke up at 3:30 and when I finally got back to sleep, I didn't wake up until 7:30. So my morning was gone before I knew it. I haven't done much all day. Went out soon after getting up, to walk. It was cloudy and 80* with a slight breeze so I thought it was fairly cool. But the humidity was high and I had to cut my walk short. Seems I've gotten so I don't tolerate humidity--or heat--very well. Later in the day it showered rather briskly but it only lasted for a few minutes so nothing measurable, maybe a tenth. When it hit it scared me briefly because my curtains were closed and I had no idea there was anything in the area. When I heard the sound of the rain, I thought there was a water leak gushing somewhere inside the house! Oh the "mysteries" I chase after around here!

Back