7/8/16 - News Pre-emption for Days-short recap

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
At 3 min. after the hour, NBC broke in with NY news conference about what happened in Dallas.& it's effect on the rest of the country. Don't know how long it will be. Thus, not getting the show.

If I get any of it.....will try for summary. If anyone here gets to see the show, please recap for us. It started out with Rafe expressing doubts about Aiden's story to Shawn D., while Hope had breakfast sent up for Aiden, and apologized. That was all for 2 minutes I saw. ..

Here is a sort of Cliff Notes recap of the day. A lot of the episode had Aiden & Hope...with him telling her in various ways how he loved her, was sorry he hurt her, going for a walk to the lake to see the egrets, returning, and somehow, ending up kissing and hugging.

Summer goes to see Brady, gives him $50,000 to pay what he gave her, is trying to get on his good side. He is disappointed in her, feels she failed to take advantage of the life she could have had. She suddenly kisses him, saying they could have been good together. In no uncertain terms, he loves Theresa, his life is with her & Tate. She starts in on how she could have helped him, she tried, & she leaves. Back in her room, she is packing up, Dario comes in, realizes she is taking the money, lshe sort of insinuates she won't be seeing him again. Hugs, goodbye.

Theresa in the park with Tate, & Anne, trying to work, it isn't working out. Anne gathers it all up, tells her to take a break, rushes off. Theresa has been talking to Tate, while sucking on a big drink, full of caffeine, but nods off to sleep anyway.

Rafe & Shawn D. put their heads together, decided to compare blood samples from Aiden's wedding license application, and when he returned from being captive. By all rights the wedding one should be different. While Shawn does the checking, Rafe goes to the creepy house he learned Aiden had purchased. He is down there (and it looks a lot like the warehouse steps, etc. where Stefano ended up, lol), shining his flashlight, Shawn calls, the blood samples match exactly, same guy. He hangs up, and is knocked out from behind by someone who had been following him.

Brady gets to the park, managing to finally wake up the sleeping Theresa, asks who has their boy? Theresa jumps up, calling out "Tate".

On a plane, Summer is looking out a window, a baby cry is heard, she turns and looks down into the seat next to her. Passenger heads prevent us from seeing what she is looking at.

I do hope that is the case. (red herring). Though Summer could have taken Tate, delivered him to Victor???

She says the person who left the money said they have a picture of her & Clark together, which could work against her with Clark being "missing"

I do hope that is the case. (red herring). Though Summer could have taken Tate, delivered him to Victor???
A few comments.

If psycho Summer did snatch Tater Tot, it would be another dreary turn in a consistently wretched storyline.

Jeannie T. falls asleep again in the mini-park. Puh-leeze. These writers have no shame.

Rafe and Shawn learn that Aiden's version of the wedding day debacle is a lie? This is significant only if the often gullible Hope doesn't buy into an excuse that claims he was too embarrassed to admit how far he went in cooperating with the DiMera's evil plot.

Rafe is conked on the head from behind? When is this man going to start watching his back?

I agree that it seemed like Theresa was drugged. That power drink she was drinking from seemed to have the opposite effect. Instead of waking her up with a jolt of caffeine, it seemed to make her drowsier than usual. When she kept nodding off, I was telling her through the TV to get up and walk around with the stroller. As long as she stayed sitting, it was too easy to nod off to sleep.

I think Summer might have snatched Tate in reaction to Brady rejecting her. When she was talking to Dario in her hotel room, she seemed like she was prepared to do the bidding in the letter she just received and not just run away with the money like Dario thought she was doing.

The one good thing about the Rafe/Hope/Aiden story today was that Rafe and Shawn were sharing the Salem brain today and figured out that Aiden was the one that Hope married and not the imposter, and got the blood type from the marriage license to prove it.

At least both of these stories moved forward. That's about the best thing I can say about today's show.

When Summer kept saying to Brady she could help him, etc. etc. and he was not wanting it, I think she meant she would tell him, or take the baby and have him "catch her" so that whoever it was that wanted her to do it, would know she did.

However, she may have still taken Tate, delivered him immediately to a waiting person, and gone to her plane.

As someone here noted, replay of EJ having Anna steal Sydney, take care of her for a bit, then be the big hero in returning her when he planted items to make them think she was dead. Definitely intended to make Rafe look bad, and him good in Sami's eyes.

I also only got the 1st 3 minutes and last 12 minutes. I was out so I couldn't switch over to COZI TV in real time.

I agree with Jen67 about the movement forward in the Aiden case. Now Rafe and Shawn know it's the same guy Hope married which also means this guy is the real Aiden. But it doesn't explain all the desperation to get back with Hope. So I hope that is explained for us too. I'm happy that Shawn is involved with this case but I don't like that he is automatically ok with his mom's suitors. I think he should have had issues with both Aiden and Rafe. More soapy that way.

Hopefully Rafe is also not in another year-long coma.

Either Theresa was drugged (but that would implicate Anne and I don't want Anne to be involved), or, more likely in my opinion, she's got brain cancer or something dire which is sapping all her energy.

Oh geez, I hope they aren't going for Isabella redux.

edited to write out text-speak - JS

Last edited by a moderator:
What an awful and boring episode. While I enjoyed Shawn-D and Rafe interacting and figuring everything out, the episode was chock-full of the crazy Summer and her boring storyline, as well as Aiden & an unusually clueless Hope. Even if these stories did move forward, who cares when they're so bad!?

So Rafe and Shawn know that Aiden lied about when he was kidnapped. When will
Hope find out?

I wondered if Anne took Tate too to keep an eye on him while Theresa slept. Theresa
must have been really tired or her caffeine drink didn't help. Or was she drugged?
We have to stayed tune to find out.

Did Summer take Tate or not? I think she wanted to tell Brady something was going
to happen, but he wouldn't listen to her.

Anne mentioned Maxine :)

Back