8-13-19 - Donuts and More Rain

Another hit day in the desert. Nuff said.

Last night I made a dent in putting away items and sitting laundry. Tonight I need to vacuum at least half the house do Wednesday I can finish it. My brother arrives Thursday. Now...how to tell him about the slithering sidewinder.

RS: your day sounds balanced and what fun to see your brother. Enjoy

Wishing each of you a great day.

Good morning. Such fun, for both of you ladies to be seeing your brothers soon! I always wondered what it would be like, having a brother. Squirrel, safe travels to the city for you. Noel, maybe your brother will come up with some snake-capture idea that has eluded all the rest of us.

Wish I could rope some of Squirrel's rain and drag it down here. Right now there are scattered rain showers passing by to the north and to the south of me. I'm in the gap, once again. Another slight chance this evening. At least it's going to be a little cooler today, only 98*, index of 103*. I'm going out now to water my grass seed. I'd been hoping it might rain on it.

Good morning........was overcast, sun came out for about 10 minutes, is gone. grey skies, no idea if it actually will rain, it has been forecasted for several days now, and has not happened. Have dental appt. this a.m. Daughter is here, trying to straighten out some things hubby has done, or not remembered he did. I knew all this dental stuff was coming, just hate it........
So humid out, too............Sinus is running like niagara falls. LOL
Glad you get to visit with brother today, squirrelly.......Noel, yours, too. So, you have not told him of the latest adventures of your household? :)
Enjoy the day, my friends.....

OC: hope some rain showers mousten and cool your day.

Poirot,: best wishes at the dentist office for painless treatment. Enjoy time with your daughter and make some new special memories.:love:

Morning Everyone,
Cooler here today, but humid only supposed to hit the mid 70's today. I get to go to court again today for another hearing about visitation for the ex and working with CPS. I still haven't really had a chance to speak to my attorney, but we'll be meeting at 10 (hearing is at 10:30) to try to figure everything out. I'm hoping we van get it all figured out today, so we don't actually need to have a jury trial in September, juries are too unpredictable for my liking. I just feel sick about the whole thing. :sick: Thankfully Gena is feeling better and back at Boys & Girls Club today, I think it was some sort of 24 hour stomach bug.

Poirot - best wishes for a painless dental visit and a better afternoon spent with your daughter.
Noel - How fun that your brother is visiting, hopefully he doesn't mind the snake.
RS - oh dear, you really don't need more rain. I hope it stops soon. Enjoy your visit with your brother.
OC - I hope the rain closes the gap and drips on you a bit.

Have a great day!

The heat wave is lasting longer than they thought. I did a quick vacuuming today to
get outside and rake up the last of the grass. Dog and cat both got brushed. Rags
are washed and hanging outside.

I finally found a book for the Bible study I was doing that I could afford. The videos
stop Aug 31. I'm hoping I can get the home work done and re-watch videos before
the date. That doesn't seem hard, but next week I'll have Sunday school homework.

manda, good luck in court today. I hope you won't have to have a trial for visitation.

rs, safe driving today. Hopefully, it won't be raining when you have to pick up your
brother. Can you send some rain to me and OC?

Noel, I can't believe you haven't told your brother already about the snake. Maybe with
all the cleaning and getting ready nasty snake will pop out.

Poirot, good luck at the dentist today. Hopefully, your daughter can figure out the mess.

rk, I hope your dad is feeling better today.

Wishing everyone a good day.

Kat, I'm still thinking about you raking all that grass. Your lawn must be like a lush carpet. Probably cleaner than a lot of carpets--if I had carpet, it would be cleaner than mine.

Rk, I'm also sending good wishes for your dad's recovery, and for you to have a peaceful day.

Manda, I hope you don't catch Gena's "bug." (I cringe at even using that word when talking to you, with all the bug problems you've had). But it's great to hear she is back into a more normal routine. Hoping you have spirit of confidence and peace as you go to the court date.

Poirot, too bad your daughter's visit is dampened by a trip to the dentist for you, but what a huge blessing and help, for her to deal with some of the practical issues! Things like that can be a much-needed encouragement.

It just now rained here a tiny bit. Manda described it about right--a few drips! But I'll gladly take it, as Noel said, for any moisture at all. At least the clouds are making it seem less hot and dry.

Morning all.... home from the quick trip..... the wedding was lovely..... my sister may still be asleep..... Saturday night she hosted dinner for her new inlaws... she had heard about but never met them.... no stress there... then her son invited 50 or so of his closest friends and his favorite aunt to a dessert and drinks party.... then Sunday she had to get the flowers and such to the location about 90 minutes from her house.... as I was the designated driver for both deals I stayed later than I would have normally..... after the wedding as the crew was breaking down the scene, we had to be finished by 10, my son asked if I could take my niece and her boyfriend back to the hotel too..... so I had 4 people in the back seat of the Subaru!!! and I got lost..... nothing like having 4 drunk young adults in the back seat taking selfies of the trip to the hotel and missing the off ramp from one freeway to another freeway.....we had a nice tour of some neighborhood..... Sunday as we were checking out of the hotel, the wedding couple were checking out too.... they asked if I was headed to Santa Monica, no we were headed home... oh okay we will call an Uber.....so Auntie drove an hour out of her way to take nephew to his house so he could pack to fly home.....
it was a fun time seeing the grandkids again so soon..... and to see my new grandchild.... well sort, of daughter in law is showing.....

have a great Tuesday....

Poirot good luck at the dentist....
OC Noel and I would also like some rain....too back those who have it can't share.... I know they'd love too.....
rk how is you dad going?

to work I head....

Kat - I'm glad you found the book you need at an affordable price.
Robin - yikes sounds like you got a lot of extra driving in this weekend, but it was kind of you to help your family. So glad you had a good visit with them all.
OC - My stomach issues today were from nerves. I'm feeling much better now. :)

As for the hearing, I pleaded no contest, in that I agree that Gena needs protection from a parent who is unable to care for her. The ex just agreed with whatever I wanted as I don't think he really understands what that means for him. So the trial has been avoided, we will have to back to court 1 more time for a disposition, I think the judge called it. I'm not sure exactly when that will be as the attorneys (mine & Gena's) are trying figure out when they can fit it in.

I received some other good news from our caseworker in that their visits, starting next week, will be moved to CPS department, so that CPS can supervise at least until he agrees to follow the action plan they have in place for him including, but not limited to an alcohol & drug assessment/counseling and a mental health assessment/treatment. Gena will miss visiting her stuff and her fish, but I don't have to worry so much about him flipping out on her or her bringing the vampires home.

It's turned out to be an excellent day.

I'm just wondering what happened with the warrants for him violating the no contact order.

The warrants are still outstanding, but he rarely leaves the house, and when they go there he doesn't answer the door, so they haven't been able to "catch" him. He hasn't made 1 appearance at court other than by phone, but I imagine he will have to attend in person next time for this next hearing, so I imagine he may get arrested then at that point.

Manda, I am glad to hear the visit location has been changed. I hope this means Gena can relax and feel more comfortable.

Gena will be able to relax more at those visits I think, however they may never happen due his issues with leaving the house. He only seems to go out for alcohol. He's got his sister convinced to bring him groceries most of the time.
upload_2019-8-13_13-48-17.jpeg

Hi everyone!

Another hot and very humid day here. I helped a coworker with her moving for a couple of hours this morning. She’s moving from one house in Navy housing to another one down the street and they thought they had until midnight tomorrow but last night they were told they needed to be out of the old house by noon today. Thankfully they got a last minute extension until midnight tonight.

Rs, good luck with the city traffic.

Noel, you should give your brother a “How to wrangle a snake” guideline:rotfl:But seriously how is the whole snake-in-the-house adventure going?

OC, you know it’s hot when you are happy that it’s only 98 degrees.

Poirot, hope your dentist appointment went well.

Manda, glad some progress was made today regarding Gena’s safety and that she’s feeling better.

Rk, hope you are having a wonderful day.

Kat, hope you get some cooler weather soon.

Robin, maybe you could drive for Uber yourself now after all that chauffeuring you did this weekend.:rotfl:

Lil0, hope your day is going well.

And we’re under a Severe Thunderstorm Watch now which isn’t surprising considering the humidity is at 75% and it’s breezy.

Hope everyone has a wonderful afternoon!

Back