8/13/21 - Donuts & Sewing

dachsie21

Reaction score
Good morning all! Had a crazy day yesterday. Had a sewing machine class yesterday to learn how to use my new Bernina. The darn machine is way smarter than I am. LOL. So I took today off to try to do a little sewing on it.

Also this weekend starting last night, our church has a adoration retreat going on with a kick off concert last night with Matt Maher. It was loud but fun. I had seats up close but moved to the back because it was so loud. But I enjoyed it!

Today I also need to do a little cleaning - I have fuzzies on my ceiling that I need to try to get off. Its from the ceiling fan but I need to get my ladder in here to get to them.

It is nice having a couple days off work. Have a great day all!

A quick hello. I've been busy with one thing and another all week. Had to go get my truck out of the shop yesterday. I need to go back to town but may put it off until Monday. I've already been out a couple of times this week. More hay to be delivered late today. Wednesday we couldn't keep the cows off the new that was being moved into the haylot. So my niece finally put out one of last winter's bales for them to eat. That worked pretty well so will likely be repeated today. With that solution, I may not have to get involved. It sure stirred up my allergies something awful. Hay chaff, dust, and solid ragweeds thigh high, with a stiff breeze. Bad combination. Worst of all is some pesky paperwork, and some phone calls for repairs, which I can't seem to get past.

Have a safe day and a good weekend, everyone.

It's been cloudy most of the morning so far. We're suppose to get rain early this evening
and tomorrow.

I was outside two hours this morning doing yardwork. I need to get ready soon for
Sunday school lunch.

robin, have a safe trip.

dachsie, enjoy your sewing. There are days I wish I took home economics.

Lil0, stay safe in the heat.

OC, I hope your allergies won't be too bad today.

I hope everyone has a good day and nice weekend.

Good afternoon everyone,
Late checking in on my day off of work. I managed to sleep in an extra hour until my silly kitty decided she was starving and I must feel her. We worked with one of the Girls in my troop to help her plan her the next 2 Girl Scout meetings as she will be leading them, we'll be working on first aid and how to spot major versus minor injuries and what to do.

OC - I hope things went well with the hay today and your allergies weren't in overdrive.

Dachsie - I think my mom used to have a Bernina, she sold it and downgraded to a slightly simpler machine as she never used all the fancy extras.

Robin - safe travels

Kat - I hope you enjoyed your lunch

If I kissed you, have a wonderful weekend

Lunch was nice today. Since we're in the parking deck, we don't get the sun and we usually
have a nice breeze. One of our classmates still works so she misses a lot of lunches. She was
there today and her birthday Sunday. We all signed a card and gave it to her. It's the

Oh my, I'm under a severe thunderstorm warning for awhile. I'm suppose to get off
and on thunderstorms through Sat morning.

manda, I guess you meant missed you not kissed you
:) I'm glad I don't have a device
that auto corrects.

Last edited:
Back