8-14-19 - Donuts and Hot Coffee

Jammers

Reaction score
Morning all!

Yes, even on these horribly hot day, I still love me some hot coffee.

I can't believe I am starting the thread today. I almost forgot how to!

Kris and Piper are coming over and spending the night tonight!!! Mimi and Pawpaw are super excited.

A beautiful day to all!

Good Morning,
Jammers - I was just catching up on yesterday's thread and was about to start today's when I saw your post pop up. :) Piper is adorable!!

It was a pretty quiet night at my house. Gena made dinner last night, she went all out with Macaroni & cheese and hot dogs. Although considering all the fancy stuff she usually makes, I figure she deserves an easy night every now and then. We had our standing nightly "date" with Walker Texas Ranger. And best of all we got to open all the windows and enjoy the cool temperatures as they got down to the lower 60's.
Tonight Gena will visit her dad one last time at the house, until he can show some progress on getting help. Our caseworker will be picking Gena up for the visit and observing, if it goes badly she'll bring Gena home early.

Jammers - enjoy your visit with Kris & Piper, I bet you can't get enough snuggles with her.
Poirot - I hope your dentist visit goes will today.

Good morning, and while it is rarely mentioned any more, today is what used to be called VJ day. Yes, WW2 ended on this day, back in 1945! Boy, people went crazy that day......I know there is this famous pic of the sailor kissing that nurse in Times Square, NY. LOL
Well, not thru with dentist yet. I still have to have that broken tooth fixed. This is going to be drawn out, as other problems were noticed, of course, & have to be "fixed".
It really cooled off during the night, but we are going back into the high 70s the next few days. That usually really means 80s, Ha. Honest!

Morning all.....
I am having some frozen waffles for breakfast.... they are tasty and we shall see how this goes....
Poirot my sister went to the dentist yesterday for tooth pain... apparently she cracked a molar.... next week they will pull it... then put in a screw and in 4 months she will get her fake tooth... 4 MONTHS..... with a hole/screw in her mouth.... that is just wild... and that is all based on if she doesn't need a bone graft..... so apparently tooth issues are taking over my friends and family....
Jammers enjoy your "guests" today.....
Manda.... the only good thing tonight is you won't receive a call to go pick up Gena..... I hope Dad pulls it together to at least have one last decent visit with her...

It will be at least 113 here today with scummy air..... ah summer.......

Off to a Wednesday....

Good morning ~
Jammers ~ enjoy your time with sweet little Piper and Kris. I know you will!!!!
Manda ~ I sure hope Gena's visit goes well tonight. Glad to hear the caseworker will be there to observe . . . and cut the visit short if necessary.
Poirot ~ I remember that famous picture! Sorry to hear your tooth problem is getting more complicated. Ouch!
Robin ~ That is just too darn hot!!! I think I would be considering moving to Greenland if I had to put up with the summer you folks are having.

Well, I had an "interesting" day yesterday. Started with Falcon escaping the yard and running as fast as he could out to the main road. I got in the car and went after him. He kept making sure I was near by, but wouldn't get in the car until he was darn good and ready. Grrrr. So, we got back to the house after that little adrenalin rush [for both of us!] Later in the morning Cinnamon's breeder and former owner arrived. We had a good visit, and we decided that Cinnamon should go back to her previous owner -- for a variety of reasons. [I think maybe Falcon should remain an "only child".] After they all left, I headed to the grocery store for a few supplies. I almost passed out at the check-out stand. They called the EMTs who took me up to the hospital to be checked out. [The bag of groceries I had just purchased were placed in the cooler at the store.]
The diagnosis at the hospital was another TGA! BUT, this is what really made me mad!!!! The discharge papers they gave me included a 3 page discussion about TIA. I thought they had made some mistake. I asked for an explanation and was THEN told that the doctor was thinking it was probably a TIA that caused the TGA! What??!!! The whole time I was talking with him he never once mentioned TIA. I thought they were 2 completely different things. All the stuff I've heard about TGA is they don't really know what causes them, they aren't dangerous, and one would probably not have more than one or two in a lifetime. [This was my 3rd TGA diagnosis!] So now I am totally confused. I need to have someone make some sense out of all of this for me. Grrrrrrrrr.

So now, on with the day. Falcon has a haircut appointment, and I need to make a trip to the recycle center.

Wishing you all a really good day.

Good morning everyone. I'm leaving for my lunch break in a few minutes, but don't know if I'll have time for lunch. I have to get changed for the big United Way dinner that is right after work, and take my brother to get his rental car. It was a long afternoon and night because his flight from Dallas kept getting delayed.

Lil0 - I'm sorry that this happened again. I wish they could give you some definitive answers.

robinsnest - I hope you only have nice parents today.

Poirot - I love that photo. They have it painted on one wall at our American Legion.

Amanda - Sending prayers that Gena has a decent visit, but that it is the last one at her dad's house.

Jammers - Have a wonderful time with your little angel, Mimi!!

Oh Poirot - not more dental work, that's the worst.
Robin - that's just too darn hot, yuck.
Lil0 - Sounds like Falcon was looking for attention, probably better to not have Cinnamon stay, which is a shame as she's adorable. How scary for you, I'm glad your doing okay now, but please oh please be careful. We love you, my dear. How kind of the supermarket to protect your purchase.
RS - Enjoy the dinner.

As for Gena's visit, after the newest development (which makes me want to be sick) I'm not sure that tonight's visit will happen. I received a message through Facebook Messenger from the tenant at the house that she's currently staying a the domestic abuse shelter, because the ex attacked her and her son last week, then after giving notice that she was moving out, he proceeded to call and harass her on the phone until she called the police last night. I don't know if he's home or in jail, but I let my attorney and our caseworker know what happened. I haven't heard back yet, but it's only been about 15 minutes. It makes me so sad and angry to know that he did this to someone else now too, and this poor woman has been through this before with her ex-husband, which makes it seem so much more terrible.
:cry:

Manda.....I hope no further visits occur. Everyone needs both their parents UNLESS a parent is so far gone that they are doing more harm than good. I am sure that Gena dreads her visits even if she doesn't say so. I am sure she just wants to have a good time with her Dad, unfortunately he is not in that place in his life to be able to give her that. It is truly sad and I hate that y'all are having to thru that. Lucky for her she has you....you try your darndest to make her life as normal as possible and love her enough for two people. You are a WONDERFUL Mom! All of her "Aunts and Uncles" here at the Spectator are behind you 1000% and love you and that kiddo of yours. You lean on us when you need to, we won't let you fall.

Thanks Jammers and Lil0, I feel like such a bother sometimes, I appreciate all of your love and support. Phew, now I'm really crying. I haven't heard back from the caseworker yet, of course I did email her at lunch time, so I have no idea about tonight, if I don't hear back soon, I'll be calling her.

RK - I hope the plumber can find the leak.

Just getting back in to finish my replies to everyone from earlier to see that you posted again, Amanda. Now I'm sitting here crying, too. I wish we could all be up there for you.
Keep fighting for Gena and yourself. It is too bad that you didn't have this information sooner. Hopefully CPS can get a judge's order to stop all visitation based on his violence. It is past time for him to have mandatory jail time. He must pay the consequences for his actions against you, Gena, the tenant, and the tenant's son.

LilO - My co-worker thought that Falcon's escape was from acting out because of Cinnamon being there. It is probably best for all 3 of you that she has gone back to her home.

I agree, RS! I'm quite sure he took off because he was upset that we hadn't had one of his nice long walks since Cinnamon arrived. We tried to walk in the 11 acre woods at the doggie park. It is one of his favorite things to do. But he gave up in frustration because Cinnamon didn't want to run -- she wanted to stroll.

Another busy Wed at the libraries. I'm also trying to get the Bible study I just got done so I
can start the next one I signed up for. That one started last week.

manda, I'm so sorry about your ex. I hope you have someone there to be with you
and Gina tonight. Please don't be alone. None of us can be with you, but you
don't need to alone.. OK? And like everyone has said, it's past time that he has
paid for his actions.

Lil0, I'm glad Falcon is home. One reason, I don't get another dog is I think Goldie
likes being the only dog.

Jammers, enjoy your visit your Kris and Piper.

Poirot, I'm sorry it's going to take longer to get your tooth fixed.

rk, I hope they find the leak.

rs, I hope you enjoy the dinner tonight.

Wishing everyone a good evening and restful sleep.

A crazy busy day filled with babies being released (yes!) But critical admissions too. Hugs to Lilo and Amanda. Thinking of you all. Working extra half shift for extra coverage but will try to post tomorrow.

today was a great day at work... I spend 90% of the day singing the alphabet song as I filed records...... I didn't have to talk to many parents at all..... it was a blessed relief.....

Manda I hope Gena gets home safe tonight and her visit went okay....
Jammers I hope you and your "guests" are having a fun day......

on to a Thursday

Back