8/17/19 - Donuts and Relaxation

Jammers

Reaction score
Morning all!

Me and the hubby are about to head out to our weekly breakfast date at our local diner. Then we will go get a much needed pedicure. It’s one thing that I do treat myself too and several years ago had my hubby try it and now he usually goes when I go.

Looking forward to a relaxing family filled weekend.

An incredible day to everyone!

Hi rk and everyone else.

Jammers, you do have a relaxing and fun weekend lined up! Enjoy.

Noel, soak up all the time possible with your brother. He probably has lots of interesting things to tell.

I had a busy morning outside. Had to air up two truck tires, wash bird poop off the windows and side of the truck (those nasty Eurasion collared doves), and then go to the dump. In addition to my regular trash, I had several boxes from stuff I'd ordered, ranging from small to quite large. I should have gotten an earlier start but it wasn't too bad (hot) by the time I got back. It's going to be 103*. which would be a cold snap for Noel and Robin. I'll probably stay in for the rest of the day. I did water my grass seed while I was out. I don't know if some sprigs of grass I'm seeing are from those seeds or what was already there, under the gravel I had put down, and maybe just now coming up through the gravel, from the water I've been applying. Whatever it is, the cows came along a couple of days ago and ate off the growth. I even saw one sprig that was pulled up, which makes me think it was from the new seed and didn't have enough roots to withstand the pulling pressure cows exert when they tear off grass with their teeth.

Hope everyone's having a good Saturday.

Good mornin' folks. Bright and sunny here.......to hit 80! Gonna TRY and get rid of a couple containers sitting in here since we moved, they are mostly empty, but have some things in that are impt. But don't know where to store them now. Like birth certificates, marriage license---Sure is hard when you have lived in a place for umpteen years, and move to smaller space..........(had a safe, no longer have it - think I will take some things to a safety deposit box at the bank.........
I had a ton more counter space, too..... guarantee you, lol.

It's going to be another hot day here. I plan to work on the Bible study this afternoon
since I have to stay inside. It's a seven week study (5 days homework then watch
a video) I'll be doing week five today.

Jammers, enjoy your day with your hubby. I need to get pedicure. It's been awhile
since I had one.

Noel, what did your brother say about the snake?

OC, I hope you'll inside now for the rest of the day.

Poirot, I hope you get all the paperwork sorted.

Wishing everyone a good afternoon and evening.

Kat, I hope you are uplifted by your Bible study. You are putting a lot into it. Yes, I'm staying inside now. May go to mailbox but that's all.

Poirot, I've thought so much about what it would be like to have to downsize. It's why I want to get rid of a lot of my clutter now but I don't seem to make much progress. My house is very small but I've lived in lots of apartments so I know what that's like. Just be sure to let your kids know, if you get a safety deposit box. :)

aKate finished .jpg inside roof.jpg sRebuilding 2.jpg
Pictures of the patio.....
the one with the ladder HB took it while they were working....
The finished patio and a picture of our new Patio roof.....
The cactus and yucca plant were trimmed today along with alot of other yard work was done.....
We need to finish the electrical... the light outside the door, is new and we have a pair of floodlights that will go on the outside of the cover to shine over the pool... for night time swimming.... the landlord hasn't been here at night since the city replaced the street light just outside the yard.... you can read a book at anytime it is dark.....now we can outshine the street light!!!!
Normal Saturday things to do.... this was to be StepMother Saturday but she called me as she had other plans..... so I have a Saturday to do Saturday stuff.... sheets in the washer.... vacuum cleaner out of the garage.... and my most favorite of all things.... washing the kitchen floor!!!!! what a great day....

Back