8/17/21 - Donuts and rain

katmouse

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I got rain this morning. I guess I should be glad, but my plans for this morning was to work outside
since Wed is a rain day. I did get out and did some things when it wasn't raining much. I got soaked
since I needed to get the petals off the ground. I went back out later and did trimming. I did things
in hurry so I'm now I'm tired. I'll skip the rest of the chores I need to do outside for another time.

robin, I hope you hear good news soon about your cabin.

Wishing everyone an excellent day.

We could use some rain - if only to cool down for a little while.
Sorry your plans had to change though.

I’m trying to get back into my old kids are back in school routine. It’ll take a couple days to get used to it - for the puppy too she’s like where are my girls at?

hope everyone has a good day today

Good Afternoon,

Sunny and 77* here today. I'm lucky that Gena never really has a chance to get out of the school routine as she actually has to get up earlier in the summer to go to Boys & Girls Club, than she does for school. I adjust my work schedule around school 9 months of the year, so for the 3 months of summer she adjusts to what's considered normal at the office.

Kat - sorry the rain ruined your plans. I hope you can get some relaxing down time this afternoon.

Have a wonderful day!

Hello and Good day all...... Hunny Bunny and I binged Season 3 of Downton Abbey last night..... It is so nice to watch without all the pledge breaks and even though we've seen the show this rewatch we are seeing things we hadn't noticed before. And it's taking him away from the never f (fill in the blanks) news programs he normally watches.... the news doesn't change much just the anchors..... it's draining.......
I'll get my birthday cards ready for friends and the BEAST and HB will take them to the post office for me. So for me it's just more of the same, there is a front door and entire world I'm not allowed to go visit..... for 8 more days......yippie.....

We had a really bad storm last night.... wind gusts of up to 80 miles an hour per the alert that came at 10:30 last night.... of course it was garbage night so lots of trash everywhere. Our can wasn't full so it wasn't out, but others were and changed houses. :)

Good afternoon everyone. I thought I'd been checking in, and was surprised that I hadn't.

We're having rain all week. Some is coming from the west, some from northwest, and some from the south. The rain from the south is from tropical storm Fred.

Hopefully, my vegetable freezing, jam making, and pickle making is done for this summer . I have absolutely no more room in my refrigerator freezer or small upright freezer.

Had lunch with my friends in the other county today. The wife is looking much better, but is still having cognitive issues from the stroke during her heart valve replacement surgery.

I don't know if I'll be checking in tomorrow. I have to pick up my cousin in Ohio very early tomorrow morning to have a series of medical tests done.

dachsie, I hope you're able to kick COVID-19's butt, and are feeling better.

robinsnest, any news about the cabin?

Amanda, good luck with transitioning Gena to school and homework.

kat, an "eye wrinkle" is when the vitreous (gel-like substance in the posterior/ rear chamber of the eye) starts to separate. (This is from aging.)Your eye doctor is watching it in case it would cause your retina to pucker.

Kris - How wonderful that your daughter is getting some college credits in early.

rs, thanks for the information.

This is the news from the Facebook group of folks. It's an odd collection of folks the HOA is sending out emails. But the younger generation tweets and uses Facebook, so I get most of my information from those sources as the HOA only allows for one email address per cabin and we have 6 co-owners. And the HOA has updated and removed my uncle's name from the list..... they are a mess....

Mill Creek Lassen Summer Homeowners

Mill creek is great for now. Neighborhood is untouched, and they’re working on a firing operation on the north side of 36 for the fire to run into. That should provide a huge buffer between the fire and mill creek. As long as winds don’t get too out of control.

Good evening. I thought I'd checked in too but I didn't. I've had a busy day. We've had 1 1/2 inches of rain since last night. My niece was rained in but her cows got out yesterday and some were displaced so I drove around this morning to look for them. Almost got stuck once. Later, I went to town. Finally took my FedEx package and got it off, mailed something at the post office, and got a few groceries.

Feeling a little better today but the temperature keeps going all over the place. Had the infusion this morning so hopefully that will help. Am really tired. Just woke up from a 2 hour nap and am about to fall asleep again.

Back