8/18/23 - Donuts and Sunny Skies

It's sunny and in the 90s today.

Today is a good Friday because all the fans out of my house. I had to keep my bedroom door closed
to help with the drying. It was so hot in the room when I slept. I woke up every night after 3 and didn't
go back to sleep except this morning when I did. I turned off fans before 7PM, but not enough time
to cool the room.

Next week, the adjuster comes. I'll get flooring and baseboards done after that. I got forms yesterday
from insurance company and he told me to throw away. Not needed. I'm glad since there were 8 to 10
pages to fill out.

I worked in the flowerbed after walking this morning. I'll be out again Sunday morning. I need to finish
front bed and get weeds out.

Wilde Woman, enjoy the cooler weather.

I hope everyone will have a nice rest of the day and enjoyable weekend.

I wrote the shows summary today it took quite some time as I had to stop rewind, start again.... It was worth it.... it was a great show. Then I had an appointment I was late for.... Most shows are like 37 minutes long.... I wasn't that late, but still....
No update on the Toad Wars.... Grand Admiral Toad and Sargent Major toad were missing last night... Thursday is mower day so perhaps that's why.....
Hunny bunny is driving Grandson to school, home from school, to a friends house, then to a drop off location for the Scouts weekend camp trip. He will hang out at the drop off site till the bus takes off with the boys.... His daughter's second job has her leaving her day job and going straight to her night job....This doesn't happen often, but it's great she has one less thing to worry about.

I'm closely watching Hurricane Hillary I have family in the path.... which is strange to say given my family lives on the West Coast.....
Have a great weekend...

Hi everybody. As WW said, today is a tad cooler since that nasty storm went through last night. Another 4 inches of rain here that I wish could be sent down to OC.

This was a medical day for me. Tests early then doctor at 10:00. Thank goodness everything is in one huge building.

Seems I still have deep muscle bruising and bone bruising on my entire right side...neck to foot...from falling 6 months ago when my foot and ankle fractured. Plus he didn't like the sounds of my wheezing so off for a pulmonary test In a different part of the building. Then back to the doctor before going to the pharmacy for pneumonia meds.

WW - beautiful flowers!

robinsnest - at least HB is being kept busy. Has he unpacked his stuff from the move yet?

kat - I'm glad the insurance is moving forward with your claim.

Well, Robin, HB does have an excuse now. :) He's doing some other useful things. Surely helpful to his daughter and grandson. I hope the toad officials didn't get cut down with the grass. Hoping the hurricane doesn't do much damage, preferably none. Is it due there right away?

Squirrel, 4" of rain right now would turn this area upside down--in a good way. Your prolonged bruising sounds awful. I don't suppose there's anything can be done about it but continue to wait and hope it eventually heals. I'm guessing your pulmonary test may have been that very uncomfortable one my mother and sister used to have to take. If so, you've kinda taken a beating today. I hope the meds kick out the pneumonia in a hurry.

Wilde Woman, that sunflower is beautiful. It looks like the ones that grow wild here in huge, thick patches. They are some of my favorites but they also are a considerable nuisance for people who have to use the property where the clusters pop up, such as in the hay lot or in the hunters' camps. The stalks are so thick and tough and they grow up tall so fast, they're hard to mow, even with a tractor and brush hog. Usually they last for most of the summer but the drought and the grasshoppers did a job on many of them this year.

Kat, I'm hoping your bedroom has had time to cool down by now so you can have a more pleasant night of sleep. Maybe by this time next week the floors and baseboards will be done and everything will be nicer than ever. If not next week, soon afterwards. Let's hope it doesn't take as long to get things done there as it does here.

A couple of days ago my niece brought over a mister and hung it under the old water tower next to the scaffolding where I put out birdseed. I've got water pans underneath the water tower. She keeps out fans and misters for her outside animals and they all love it. We expected the raccoons would go for it here but so far they haven't been at all interested in it. But yesterday I saw Earl the Squirrel (or maybe it's Earlene, I don't know) sitting out there on his stomach with legs all spread out, thoroughly enjoying the spray of water hitting him. Later, a mockingbird was perched on the tube getting a good mist in the face. So it hasn't been a complete waste of effort. Not to do with the misters, but this morning I saw a Loggerhead Shrike out next to the scaffolding. First one I'd seen in decades. These black and white birds catch mice, lizards, snakes, etc., and hang them on tree thorns or the barbs of barbed wire fences and eat off them for days. It's handy for them, since almost everything that grows around here has thorns, and there are thousands of miles of barbed wire fences in every direction, literally.

Back