8-19-2017 - Donuts & Wishes

Noel

Reaction score
The moon is waning and soft pre-dawn light slowly fills the sky. There us a whisper of a cool breeze and the rustling of leaves on the ground. A beautiful Saturday morning.

My little guy just couldn't sleep well last night so we spent hours wishing upon different stars. He was very creative with his wishes too. For the first time in my life I almost ran out of wishes. Just snuggled him back in bed with curious pets at his side. Sigh.

Wishing each of you a wish come true today.

Good morning all.

Lots going on today. I get to spend some time in Surprise with my stepmom, at the house. I have so much clutter to get picked up and taken care of. HOW in the world does this happen??? Boxes, newspapers, magazines, computer printouts. My Lord, where does it come from??

Hope your Saturday stays on the rails and doesn't go uphill all the way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Saturday morning. I know everything is slow moving in my house this morning. Looks like it is here in Donuts as well. I went outside briefly a couple of hours ago. It was already hot. I don't plan to do much besides try to get organized on some things I need to do next week.

Robin, if you figure out how all the clutter accumulates so quickly, please let me know. The biggest dream of my life is to live without clutter. I know now it will never happen but I keep wishing and thinking about it.

Noel, you always make the early mornings sound so lovely. In a hot climate, that is by far the best time of day. I used to like to get up early and work in the yard during hot weather. It was dry, there were no flying insects, and it was relatively cool at that hour. It was my favorite time of day and of the year. In those days I actually slept well, regularly, so I was able to get up early and get out. I hope your little one is not getting sick. Maybe both of you can get some rest today.

I went into the nasty old shop this morning to look for my husband's welding helmet so I could use it to look at the coming eclipse. I didn't see it anywhere but it still could be there. That place is a genuine disaster zone. That's why I'm looking forward to getting the storage building and getting the mess cleaned up.

I hear you folks, regarding clutter! :eek: I get some kicks watching those remodeling/flipping shows. When the contractors :angry: are finally finished, they bring in the stagers, and the place looks great (no clutter.) I have a hunch, though, that within a few weeks after move-in, the place will be cluttered, just like almost everybody else's. What I HATE about those shows, is that within the first 5 minutes, someone will express the original :sarcasm: concept of "busting out the walls," for "open spaces," followed by the sledgehammers. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

PS: The song "To Each, His Own," is running through my head. :)

Good afternoon, one of those days where I am trying to 10 things, but they get multiplied into double or triple, each taking away from something else. The hummer feeder is empty, tho I filled it about 7:30 this a.m. by 9:30 it was 3/4 gone. I am refusing to fill it til later this afternoon.

You all will never outdo me when it comes to clutter. I have a husband who doesn't believe in throwing anything away, nothing. post it notes, telephone messages, bus. cards, greeting cards, tax returns, socks with holes, frayed shirts, etc. etc. If he finds a tiny screw outside, no idea from what or how long it is there, he saves it. LOL

Finally have sun today, in fact I watched it rise....it was around 6:20 when it began, doesn't take long, for sure.

Tried to find out if Days will be pre-empted, can't find any info (for eclipse) but may depend on where we all live, Looks like it may start around 11:15 a.m. here, ending around 1:30, but that actually was times for somewhere near Chicago. I am way further north, so may not be affected the same way. I did read ABC was pre-empting GH, but no info on Days. At least so far. I hope it still plays.

Strange to pre-empt a tv show for a solar eclipse. I don't think of it as that big a deal but I suppose in the path where it will be a complete eclipse it is a once in a lifetime thing so it's a big deal to many.

Poirot, I don't think I go to the extent your husband does but I'm my own worst enemy when it comes to clutter. At this point in time I'm the only one who creates it, since the husband doesn't move far from his chair and he doesn't read or do anything anymore.

A. Guy, if you are talking about the open concept, I'm with you. I like to keep my rooms separate. Those that are wide open remind me of a place of business, rather than a home, but it's just a matter of taste. I never seem to like whatever is popular. I did hear them say on one of those shows, that people are starting to get tired of the open concept. Some are going back from it.

I almost never get hungry for a specific food. My sister used to get a particular thing on her mind, and no matter if it took hours or days or weeks, she wouldn't forget about it until she got to eat it. But this morning I got to thinking about a milkshake and it sounded so good. Then I remembered how, in another lifetime, I used to like having a barbeque sandwich and a vanilla milkshake together. I was almost tempted to go to town to get that for my lunch. But I figured I would probably be sick after eating it. What I would really, really like is some chocolate. Ice cream with chocolate syrup or hot fudge over it. There must be something wrong with me. I don't often sit around and think about foods like this.

It just started thundering. Then it rained hard for about 15 seconds, literally. I don't know if there will be more, is still thundering. We've still got that 20% chance of rain through tonight.

Summer came back. It's sunny and in the 90s. Heat index, yuck. I've been inside
since I came home after doing errands and going to the library. I'll be going out
later and do beetle patrol. Stinky things found the tall plant in my flowerbed. The
one in the hummingbird picture.

Late yesterday afternoon, the pop up shower came with wind, thunder and
lightning. Power went off four times. I'm glad not long each time. I didn't
have to reset many clocks.

I'm looking at forecast for Monday. Part of the US will be cloudy including my area.
Oh well.

Noel, I hope your little guy got to sleep in today.

robin, I hope you had a good day with your stepmom. Don't worry about the clutter.
I know from experience just do a little at a time.

OC, a milkshake and BBQ sandwich sounds yummy. Something I don't eat. Since it's summer,
I've been wanting ice cream. I have frozen yogurt and that helps.

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of their Saturday.

Heya Everybody! :) I hope that everyone is having a fabulous day. Today has been an okay but pretty busy day. This morning I went out to get some groceries and to have a look around at a bedding store because we are in the market for a new bed. Looking for a new bed took up half the morning but it is a pricey buy so being informed before making such a purchase is smart. :)

At around noon I came up and had lunch which was a bacon/cheese/turkey panini and some mushroom herb soup. So delicious and so filling. After lunch I read a little bit and then took a nap. After my nap I did some cleaning and right now I'm relaxing. A pretty productive Saturday.

The weather has not been great again today. Right now it is mostly cloudy and 72 F. It has even rained a little today. We have not had a full week without rain yet this summer.

I got some good news at the vet. My cat seems to be feeling better from his nausea so he will be off the anti-nausea medication very soon. I am still monitoring how he is feeling/acting due to his diagnosis.

I have a bit of a migraine today so it's been bogging me down a little. I took some medication this afternoon so I'm hoping it starts to kick in soon.

Wishing all of you a super Saturday! :) Sending each one of you so much happiness.

Ah, the 1979 eclipse. People were certain I'd have my baby that day. HA. He was due March 23rd and arrived April 9th. So the solar eclipse did exactly nothing for me. Maybe others. My stepmother listens to late night talk radio and they had a "scientist" on the other night and he said that after every eclipse a volcano erupts. So he is keeping his eye out on 4 volcanos he things will blow. He claims Mt. St. Helen's eruption was caused by the 1979 eclipse. Okay, a year and 3 months later.

Anyway, my Dad is now home. She was truly moved by the gift and put him in her little shrine.

dad home.jpg

Yes, that is the Queen of England shaking hands with my stepmother. President Ronald Reagan and wife Nancy are also in the picture. My dad shaking hands with the Queen is the photo above.

Robin - such a beautiful tribute to your father and stepmother's love. The orb is lovely. The pictures are intriguing too.

The Queen came to the West Coast in 1983. My dad had worked with Ronald Reagan when he was the Governor of California, so when the Queen came, they were invited to the dinner in San Francisco and they were invited to the dinner in Los Angeles. I have a picture of my mom and Ron taken when he was Governor. He was the featured speaker at an event my dad put together in San Diego. Ron's birthday was the day before my mother's birthday, so for two years they "celebrated" together in San Diego.

I used the pinhole method in 197?. This time, will be happy to see it get dark outside, and will take a few one-second glimpses. :)

Robin, it is interesting to hear about those pictures on the wall!

Back