8/22/17 - Donuts & Big Breakfast

Hey Noel, what are you talking about? Cactus throw shade? You just have to be less than 15 inches wide and very tall, AND willing to lie on rocks.

But yes, for the most part they are useless in the providing shade category. As are the messy palm trees.

My landlord wants to remove the palm trees. I said fine. He was shocked, given the bonsai in the back yard, he thought I'd fight him on it. But they offer no shade and they are messy. Take them down and put in some trees.

Fingers and toes crossed, Manda. Hope the call goes well.

Funny, sad, and true all rolled up in one, about the cactus and shade. Noel, that outing did not sound like fun to me. I can enjoy the desert at times when the temperatures are not so severe but not at 105*, ever! Pretty much the same here.

Robin, I didn't know palm trees were messy. I've always thought they are so pretty and wished we had them here.

Well, I just saw a strange but amusing thing. Grasshopper kamakaze. Grasshoppers have a way of jumping on you when you walk near them. I've never figured out if they do it on purpose or if they just jump nilly willy out of fear and have a bad track record. So we've got clouds coming and I walked out on the deck to take a look, when a grasshopper came flying up toward me but narrowly missed me and crashed into the gas grill instead. A loud whack! I looked down and the grasshopper was laying there on the deck floor, heels up. I checked every now and then and it never moved. At least it saved me from having to use my whacker on it.

Temperature had dropped to mid-80s*. It was cloudy and pleasant.

I would rather see the northern lights than the eclipse.

I would just like to see something, lol! I get a constant eclipse these days: the overcast skies eclipsing the sun, moon and stars. Ha!

I was feeling sorry for myself today, thinking I have been treated like a dog lately by a couple of places. Of course, if I was one of your dogs I'd be in paradise, lol. I don't think I told you about the last time I went to WalMart. When I got to the front, an associate was trying her best to get a stray dog out of the store. Every time she led the dog out, someone tripped one of the automatic doors and the dog ran back inside, lol. It was a friendly dog, running straight to the people at the registers for some love. Too cute!

Heya Everybody! I hope that everyone is having a fantastic day. Today has been a surreal day for me. Last evening I found out a close friend of mine passed away. When I found out I thought it was a really bad joke but then realized that it was true. I am in complete shock and very saddened. I can not believe that a friend of mine is gone. No prior health issues that I knew of either. Too young to leave this Earth.

The weather today was really humid but on the rainy side once again. There were times during the day today that it really poured. I was lucky that I did not get caught in the middle of it. Right now it is mostly cloudy and 70 F here.

My cat seems to be doing a bit better. I am starting to become optimistic that things are finally turning a corner and getting better.

The eclipse yesterday was cool as the sun was covered by about 70%. When I went outside yesterday afternoon it was like I was wearing a pair of sunglasses, the sun was quite dim.

Wishing all of you a terrific Tuesday evening. Sending much happiness to each one of you.

Back