8-26-2016 - Donuts & Dogs

Noel

Reaction score
NATIONAL DOG DAY

National Dog Day is observed annually on August 26th.

This day encourages dog ownership of all breeds, mixed and pure, and embraces the opportunity for all dogs to live a happy, safe and abuse-free life. Dogs give us companionship; they keep us safe, and they aid those in need. It is a goal for many on National Dog Day to find homes for all dogs in need of a loving family. The goal of the National Dog Day Foundation is to rescue 10,000 dogs each year.

A dog is man’s best friend.

HOW TO OBSERVE
Post photos of your dog on social media. Take your dog for a walk. If you do not have a dog, ask to take your neighbor’s dog for a stroll or volunteer at a shelter.

HISTORY
National Dog Day was founded in 2004 by pet lifestyle expert and author Colleen Paige.

Have a happy woofing National Dog Day!

dog_2.jpg

Happy Friday!! Let's Celebrate the weekend........and our dogs.

Weather here is same ol', same ol'; or 2nd verse, same as the first.

Just the dogs that have graced my life. They are certainly the most loyal of all pets and their unconditional love touches my heart.Mine will be pampered pooches by the end of the day!

My favorite dog is a collie named "Sandy". She is a jewel!

dogdaysandy.gif

Wishing each of you a lovely morning.

Last edited:
Good Morning,

Noel - Sandy is beautiful!!

Beautiful morning, temp is 67* right now. I'm exhausted from chasing Gena around at the picnic. I must have been really tired when I went to bed, as I forgot to set my alarm, ended up over sleeping by an hour. Thankfully it was only an hour, but that's enough to throw off my whole day. So I'm having a wonderful breakfast at work of Diet Mountain Dew and Tuna Noodle Salad.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Morning all. Up a bit early as Mr. Gus has a dental appointment. Guess it's a good way to spend National Dog Day. I know it is a way to empty my wallet. But he needs to keep as many teeth as possible. He has so few left. Small dog dental issues.

Woke up to wet ground outside. Wonder what happened???? Weather this weekend is for below or at normal temps. How delightful that would be.

Manda, good luck getting today back on track. I hate oversleeping.

Hope everyone has a good day.

I was trying to upload this pic of RGA & JBS but it is too large, of course. But they look so cute, I promise.

So glad it is Friday. I just want to relax.

I keep feeling like I have something to do but can not remember.

Good day to you all.

Good morning. YPG, you made me laugh--promising your dogs are so cute. Thanks. I'm always in need of a laugh. I believe you, they probably are really cute!

Noel, your collie is so beautiful. We had two collies (not at the same time) when I was growing up. Three, really, but one I can barely remember. His name was Jolly and he is my earliest memory of a pet. Had other dogs throughout the years as well.

Robin, I'm not sure Mr. Gus would have chosen a dentist appointment for his special day, but you are sure taking good care of him. I heard something a long time ago that stuck with me. Animals don't anticipate (as in dreading a dental appointment) or reflect (as in holding it against you that you subjected him to it). Maybe that's why dogs can seem happy most of the time.

Manda, oversleeping on a work day is not fun. I'm glad you had something handy to eat. Hope some of your tired went away.

Got off to a jolting start this morning around 5:00. The husband had sat on the button that controls his lift chair so he was calling out for me. He does this from time to time and can't process what to do about it. At least this time he didn't end up in the floor, which was a relief!

I went outside after breakfast and picked up some things in the yard. Mower guy is supposed to come this morning, finally. It's getting a little scary out there! Humidity was high--grass was wet, though it will be sunny and hot today. Last week's big rain has produced a healthy crop of mosquitoes. Ugh!

Good morning all. Shall we just say it was a bit "brisk" this a.m. (54) but radio said town was 49, so guess the lake now is keeping us a tad warmer......at least until the water cools down. Sun is out, bright, and you know what? I see leaves turning yellow, red...

Say extra prayer today, daughter is having that surgery.

We have owned a couple dogs, a beagle named Sugar, & a golden retriever named Taffy. Both went to doggie heaven, but it is why our youngest son is so fond of goldens, having two for several years now. Oh, almost forgot the police dog we had as a kid. Only about 6 mos. We went out of town to visit relatives for Christmas, he was put into a kennel, returned a week later, and he seemed scared of us all the time. Well, one day, he jumped up, accidentally slightly biting or catching my elbow with his teeth. And a week or so later, got sick, died. My mom notified the health dept., they took him away, and .....yep, I had to go thru the 14-16 rabies shots. Never felt sick, but, whatever. Mom was a nurse, and so.......always better safe than sorry. LOL

Another cloudy day here with light rain. It will only get to the 80s today.
Another busy morning since I went to town.

I won't tell Goldie it's her holiday. She doesn't need to know.

Beautiful dog, Noel. I bet it's hard to keep her clean.

manda, I hope you're not too far behind today after sleeping late.

red, enjoy your day off. Good luck when your classes start.

I hope everyone has good afternoon and evening.

Just heard from Mr. Gus' doctor. Dental appointment is done and no teeth removed!!!!! Wooohoooo!! And the little "imperfection" on his flank has been dealt with too.

He should be ready to go around 2 this afternoon. So I guess he won't need the canned food I got for him after all. But because it is dog day, I'll give him a can.

Hello everyone and may all dogs have a good day. Prayers for Karen, Poirot.

My nice mail lady has started letting me know when she is going to be off, lol. That's a convenience to me when I can remember, but Remmy doesn't understand things like that, lol. I saw an article online about a dog who loves to get the mail. Some days there is no mail for that home, so the mailman makes something for the dog. Too sweet!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/mailman-write-dog-letter_us_57bcd884e4b03d51368b94c7

57bddf211600002900bfe2a5.jpeg

Take care folks!

Kat - I'm caught up on everything but sleep. I was up too late talking to Fraggle (for those of you who remember her) on Facebook. I missed my shower, but did a thorough washing up in the style of my grandma. By filling the sink with hot soapy water and washing all the important spots. :rotfl: Not quite the same, but it works when you're in a hurry.

I keep trying to convince Fraggle to come back to the board and let you all know she's alive, but she's been very busy raising her 2 little boys.

Robin - I'm glad Mr Gus had a good check-up.

Good afternoon everyone,
Heat & humidity came back yesterday, and it's even worse today. I've been staying in and reading and watching Downton Abbey (just saw the season 6 premiere last night). I did go to the gym this morning for a run, though.

Happy Dog Day to all those who have them. We've had a few throughout my life. Three when I was little that we had to return because of behavioral issues, and another that we ended up gifting to my grandma (whose dog passed away)--she later gave her to a friend because she was too big for her. Then we got a whippet named Sean, who we had from 2003-2011, before giving him to my grandma for a few months (and she gave him to one of her closest friends, who had a much bigger plot of land). He was a great dog, but we didn't end up having enough time for him.

Then we got Audrey, a cotton d'tulier in early 2014, but sold her (again, for behavioral issues). And we babysat a greyhound for 10 days. Sigh. I loved them all, but my dad always complains about taking care of them. I don't know why, since I do the vast majority of "work" involved with taking care of them.

My mom said we're getting a whippet puppy soon, and this time keeping it. I'm holding her to it!

Have a good day, all.

Back