8/3/23 - Donuts and Cinnamon Rolls

redsquirrel

Reaction score
Good morning everyone. Someone is in the teaching kitchen and making cinnamon rolls. They smell heavenly. Can't wait to have one.

Almost an hour later, and I finally get back in to finish my post. Work just keeps interrupting today.:rolleyes:

My VP went to our eastern counties so no tension in the office since Monday. The rest of us are going out for a "team building" lunch today. Yep, that's our story, and we're sticking to it. :)

Month end reporting is completed. Guess I'll start making the thousand of copies of our screening forms needed for this school year.

Last edited:
redsquirrel - Please save one for me, they sound delicious. I envy you that aroma. Demeter Fragrances offers a cinnamon bun roll-on perfume and spray perfume, but I would not want to smell like that, might attract insects! Hope the "team-building" lunch goes well and is not a "sticky" situation. The rolls should be the only sticky things in your life.. Good luck!

Another pleasant day here. 75 degrees with 57% humidity. Slight wind. All is good here at this moment in time.

Everyone enjoy the first Thursday in August.

1691074568422.jpeg

Good morning.... the mower guys are here... haven't come into the yard yet.... we are cloudy and hot... a wonderful combination.... bleck

We are going to a new popup Farmer's Market today.... I still have corn I need to cook and freeze..... thanks for the suggestion.....

Hope everyone has a good Thursday....

It was 81 early this morning. I missed having a cloudy morning. It's in the high 90s and feels over 100.

After my walk, I hung out another sheet and watered the side flowerbed. A busy day at the library. I'm going
to finish cleaning the kitchen floor today.

rs, sounds like you're having a good day with rolls, lunch and reports done.

Wilde Woman, I'm glad you're having another nice day.

robin, enjoy the farmer market.

rf, sorry to hear about your bill.

I hope everyone has a good rest of the day.

Good afternoon. It's 103*, on the way to 107*. At least the humidity is at 20%. Still, the sun is scorching. I went out around 8:00 and drove up and down the county road, after hearing some cows bawling. Guess it was a neighbor's. Didn't see any of mine out in the road. I came back and hooked up my soaker hose around the pistachio tree. It seems promising. The pecan tree will be next. Those are the only two real shade trees I have. The rest are mesquites and hack berries.

The past two evenings I have observed the oddest thing. The resident raccoon comes out and climbs up onto the scaffolding to eat the leftover birdseed just before dark. That's not odd or unusual. But the past two days this raccoon has been lying on its side--almost on its back--with one hind leg sticking up in the air while it eats. It lays its head on the side, like someone taking a nap, and almost looks like he's falling asleep at times but he keeps raking the seed up close with one paw and putting it in his mouth with the other. Once in a while he'll raise his head up with mouth open, as though panting. Last evening I kept watching until he finished. I thought maybe he was disabled or something but he had no problem climbing down the ladder of the scaffolding and then he went back up and climbed way up into the pecan tree, after he went to the water pan and washed his paws and face. The only thing I can figure out is that he's just so hot he sprawls out and drags food to his mouth like he's too tired to be bothered with normal eating. It was still around 100* at that point. Any thoughts?

I almost ran over a coyote this morning, on the county road. It dashed out at the last minute like a deer. Coyotes don't usually do that.

Take care and have a good evening, everyone!

OC..........I am guessing that down your way, there are trees that would just never grow......like oak, elm, maple, weeping willow, sycamore.....would this be because there is not a big seasonal change as there is up in mid west/central part of the country??

Hi everyone!

rs, hope you enjoyed your lunch.

Wilde Woman, glad you are enjoying your cool weather.

robin, hope you found some good things at the farmers market.

rfsexton, yikes on the electric bill!

kat, sounds like you had a busy day.

OC, even the wild life is over the heat.

Poirot, hope you had a good day.

It was only 62 degrees this morning when I left for work. It was another day of rearranging schedules. I’m glad tomorrow is Friday.

Hope everyone has a wonderful night!

IT was a tiny farmer's market which was great because it was a mere 102 out. I'm glad I left Vinnie home. I did pick up some blackberry jam, two tomatoes for hunny bunny that were bigger than my hand, some onions Hunny Bunny picked up some jalapeno jelly. They had two booths that I didn't purchase from. One selling fresh beef, as I'm the only who loves a good steak, pointless to purchase a 12 pack and a place selling chickens... and eggs. Since I purchased an 18 pack of eggs I didn't get any fresh ones....

I will be back as I didn't have enough cash to get all jams that I want to so next Thursday, I'll head back up and get some other jams for stocking stuffers....

Back