8/31/21 - Donuts and Kisses

Good morning!
Today is back to school for my youngest... gonna miss her a lot. She spent the last year being in school one day and the next doing Zoom classes... hopefully this school year is more normal for her.
No work for me today as later I will go pay my last respect to my godfather who passed away a few weeks ago. His wife is keeping the ashes at home until fall when he will be buried.
Have a good day everyone...

Morning that’s my kind of breakfast lol.

Heard from Siege’s best friend in Louisiana- several trees in their yard fell down including one that killed their above ground pool, they have no power but otherwise were good after the hurricane so that was good news.

not too much to do today so hopefully the day doesn’t drag.
Have a good one everyone.

Good Morning,
Short work day for me as we have meet and greet and Gena's school this afternoon, and I volunteered to man the Girl Scout Recruitment booth, other than the time we have to meet Gena's teacher. I'm hoping I can figure out how to get her council patches ironed onto her uniform before we go. My co-leader has always done it and of course I waited until the last second, if worst comes to worst, I have a punch of safety pins, I'll pin them on from the back for now. :rolleyes:
I wish I had planned ahead better and had my mom sew them all on with her sewing machine, considering this is the vest Gena will wear for the next 6 years, I think sewing will be more secure than an iron, I could hand sew them, but I know I won't have time to do that this afternoon, there's just too many parts to sew on.

RS - yum, sounds like a tasty breakfast, although not very filling.
Cathy - I hope school is better for your daughter this year. So sorry about the loss of your godfather.
Kris - glad to hear that Siege's friend and her family are safe, even if their pool is not.

Good morning...... wacky day yesterday..... lots of filing and I think I hate it more than cleaning my kitchen floor!!!! Hunny Bunny's car died yesterday had a nice long wait in the warm muggy air waiting for AAA to arrive.... waiting to hear what killed the car.... so we shall be using my car for all driving today.... and tomorrow

Happy Tuesday to all....

Word has leaked that our governor is going to announce a mask mandate for grades K - 12 at a press conference at 2:00 this afternoon. I've already told all of my schools that we're going by the same rules as last year...my staff will be masked, and all children we screen plus teachers must be masked or they will not be permitted in the room.

Cathy - I'm so sorry for the loss of your grandfather.

Kris - Thank goodness it was the pool that was hit instead of the house, and the family is ok.

Amanda - I would've sewed Gena's patches on for you.

robinsnest - Yikes! Having a car break down in that desert heat has to be awful.

I got my two doors installed. I'm glad I did it.

The back door opens in instead of out now. This door and the last one has a big window. The new door
has a blind inside. It was interesting to watch them replace the door. They took out the door frame
and made the hole bigger. I had no idea that's how it would be done.

I had a storm door put in the front. It has a screen built in and comes down when I open the window.
My cat is already freaking out with that door.

I forgot to mention. I made the men wear masks when they were inside my house. One man was surprised.
I told the person who made appt that they had to wear them.

Cathy sorry about your grandfather. Welcome to the donuts section.

rs, I'm glad your governor is doing a mask mandate for schools. I'm glad you have them masked when
you see them.

kris, enjoy your slow day.

manda, maybe you can sew the badge on while you man the booth.

robin, sorry to hear about HB's car.

I hope everyone has a nice afternoon and evening.

Last edited:
kat, I bet your new doors are gorgeous. What a relief for you to have that work done. One more thing ( or two) off your list).

Guess I'll sign on to the state's website so I'll be ready when the governor's press conference starts in a few minutes. I actually wish he'd do a state-wide mask mandate instead of just for in the schools.

One local school where I screen K - 6 already has the entire swim team, half the football team, and most of the dance line, plus coaches and teachers out on quarantine due to testing positive for COVID-19, and it is only the second day of school. These folks were all exposed during practice because the idiot athletics director went around to all of their practices when he was already sick.

Last edited:
Oh RS, that's awful.
Kat - I bet the doors look beautiful.
Robin - I hope the car can be repaired, that really stinks.

I was able to get all the patches ironed on, it was a lot easier than my co-leader always makes it seem like. I think I'll still sew them on for safe keeping either by hand or on my mom's sewing machine, mine is buried in a closet, my mom's is always set up in her sewing space.

Back