8/5/2017 - Donuts and scrambled eggs

robinsnest

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Morning all.

Up early for a Saturday have a Bonsai Board meeting at my office. Had to eat breakfast and thought I'd have some eggs. So yummy and different from my normal protein shake. But honestly, the shake is quicker and easier. Perhaps I should have waited till Sunday and done a brunch thing.

Was asked to change my hours at work Friday. They would like me to move to 6-3, from 8-5. I have already changed from 10-7 to 9-6, to the current 8-5. As I'm not a morning person, this change is going to be terrible. And since I have clients on the west coast and Alaska, signing off at my 3 (their 2 pm) is a bit much. We shall see.

I guess I should be heading out

I hope everyone has a great Saturday.

Good morning. Robin, I would never be able to get to a job at 6:00 in the morning! I get the impression you work fairly independently. I don't know why you couldn't choose your own hours but I guess they have their reasons. It's funny how something as simple as eggs can be so tasty after following a restrictive diet for a long time. I speak from past experience so I know it's true.

Kat, I hope you can figure out a way to deal with the Japanese Beetles. I don't have any suggestions. It's hard to combat pests without poison but I never was inclined to use it either. I like hearing how the hummingbird was playing with you. I was standing just outside the back door next to a hummingbird feeder the other day, taking a video of something out on my birdfeeder scaffolding with my cell phone, when a hummingbird flew right in front of the phone camera and hovered for a few seconds. They are entertaining little creatures.

Nothing definite planned for today. A lot of things that need doing. Gonna be hot again but rain possible all week, only slight until Monday though.

Happy Saturday!

Up bright and early after a few solid hours sleep. The heat is rising, but then I am ready for Autumn weather temperatures like Indiana. In my dreams. lol!

My brother-in-law and nephew are here to help take down front door, do some repairs [as in drone holes], and replace the bathroom kickplate. Awesome to have help as the door is very heavy. Then I planned on just resting but my mind keeps adding to a long 'should do' list. That world should needs to be removed from my vocabulary!

Robin: in this heat, I always loved earlier hours to start the day cooler and miss traffic. But conducting business would make it more difficult due to time zones. Hope the transition is easier than it feels to you right now. Enjoy your bonsai meeting and have a great Saturday.

Thinking of you all and wishing you a relaxing, restful and fun Saturday.

Good afternoon everyone!

Robin, I'd love to go to work at 6 because they're less crazy people early in the day. All the crazy, tired people come in after 5.:rotfl:

OC, hope you have an uneventful, restful day.

Noel, put on your "should do list" to relax and do it.

Off to work in a few minutes. Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Good afternoon, sun is out, and I know many will be envying the 71 it is right now. Lovely weather, if it wasn't for the flies, gnats, etc. that love to fly round and round our heads. Been busy trying to get caught up on stuff I neglected while dealing with hospital stuff.

@Robin, I agree that early a.m. is much cooler and quieter so one can deal with stuff, but that is 5 a.m. on your west coast. People are not even close to coming to work. I think that is 7 a.m. where I am, and just 8 a.m. on the east coast. Were you given a reason? Seems uncalled for. What happens if you refuse?

A very busy morning. Goldie and I only went around twice today because I wanted to
get to Walmart a little earlier since school tax except weekend. That didn't work well, but I
still got a good parking space. I remembered when walking I needed to get rid of those
beetles this morning when I could.

My friend gave me a bucket yesterday and I put a little gas in it. Then I went to my
bush and shook the branches. The beetles fell in. I got a lot off today, but I'll
keep going out in the AM when I can. If you go out too late, the beetles fly instead
of falling in the bucket. This is probably the best way for me to get rid of them
because you can't spray the bush. The stuff would kill all butterflies, bees
and other stuff. While I was shaking off the branches, the hummingbird was
around. I did't see it, but I heard it.

Yesterday, someone finally came to inspect my attic. Attic fine, but he had to shorten
the legs on the ladder so easier to use. I guess someone forgot. When I came home today, I
decided to put boxes in the attic even though it's humid today. I figured the best day
to do it because people are at home. I left garage door open just in case something
happened. So that job is done. I had to do it quickly because my cat jumped on the
freezer so he could get into the attic.

robin, good luck with your hours. Maybe you should remind them you have clients
that are in the same time zone as you.

Noel, I hope you can spend some free time with your company today.

OC, I hope you have a restful day.

Poirot, I hope you got caught up with your paperwork.

red, I hope you had a easy afternoon at work.

I hope everyone has a good rest of the day.

Noel, put on your "should do list" to relax and do it.
I am doing that right now!:)

Poirot: Hope you're caught up by now and can just enjoy the remainder of your day with hubby,

Kat: love that idea to kill the beetles! Yes, I spent some time with my family doing handywork today. Hope your evening is restful after such a busy day.

Take care everyone.

It is 101* here. That would be a cool spell for Noel and Robin but it feels hot enough to me, so yes, Poirot, your 71* sounds pretty good. However, I remember when I lived in Pennsylvania, the gnats made summers unbearable for me. We usually only get them for a short time in the spring, and sometimes in the fall.

Kat, that sounds like a good solution for the beetles, although it is a bit labor intensive. Still, better than the alternative. It would be a hot day for going into an attic but how nice to have one for storage! Mine has no floor in it and other reasons too, why it would not be usable. No attic, no basement, only one small closet, and no practical way to add to this house. I have to use storage buildings. My dream is to have one that is temperature controlled so I could put papers and things in it that get destroyed by the heat in a regular storage building.

Noel, how nice of your brother-in-law and nephew to come help with the door and kickplate! It is comforting to have some family around. I'm glad you are getting a little bit of time to relax too.

IamRed, I hope the crazy people have found some place other than your store to go today.

I've been cleaning out some things and came across a box with a couple of my old dolls from the late 1940s or early 1950s. They need only minor repairs and mostly freshening up. I see places online where you can send them for that but I have no idea what it might cost, and it would be a hassle to get them packed properly for sending. It would be nice to have it done but it isn't something I'd want to invest a great deal of money or effort into. Guess I'll have to give it some thought and probably should call one of the numbers to inquire.

Back