8/5/2021 - Donuts & Lunch

mandamiee

Reaction score
Good Late Morning,
Everyone must be very busy today. It's a rather warm sticky day today, with smoky haze again. I skipped my walk today as the smoke just makes my eyes burn. We have Girl Scouts tonight and will be finishing up earning the Babysitter Badge.

Hope you are all well, back to work for me.

I didn't have too much to do the library today. I straightened up shelves when
I walked by. I started checking the books in the adult section to make sure
they were alphabetized correctly. I found a few out of place.

I'm not sure what I'll do after lunch today.

robin, I hope everyone is home and your cabin will be safe.

I hope everyone is well since no one started donuts earlier.

manda, I guess you posted right before I did. I hope Girl Scouts goes well. Are you still meeting
outside because of Covid?

Good afternoon everyone.

Today's training for the new state contract is finally done, and I aced the test. Woohoohoo! I feel better now that isn't hanging over my head. Now I'm good to go for 3 years unless they change the contract during that time. Gotta say that was 5 of the most boring hours I have spent in quite a while. At least I could have my camera turned off so I could drink my tea to stay awake.

The caseworkers are all jealous because they can't take it until next Thursday. They weren't quick enough to sign up for today's session because the email links were sent from the Department of Human Services on a Friday when they don't usually work. I had signed up for it within 15 minutes of having the email come in through my phone.

Amanda, that smoke sounds awful. I hope the girls have fun at the meeting tonight.

kat - Oh my goodness, I'm almost ashamed to tell you how I read your post at first. Here "adult section" means something quite different than books for grownups. :rotfl:

I pray that robinsnest's cabin is still safe. Thank God she and her family were able to evacuate the area.

Last edited:
Kat - We've always met outside when the weather allows it, I figure the girls are stuck inside most of the day, better to get some fresh air and sunshine. Last fall we stayed at the park 2 months longer than normal in an effort to save the troop money, the schools weren't allowing outside groups to meet there and we had to pay for cleaning at the Girl Scout Service Center. Hopefully the schools will let us back in this year, but so far I haven't heard if that will be allowed.

RS - I had to read Kat's statement about the adult section twice too, to make sure I wasn't reading that wrong.

Gena packed my lunch today, it was very tasty but hard to eat, she made a sandwich, but used red pepper to replace the bread, it had garden vegetable cream cheese, lettuce, roast beef, sliced cheese and guacamole. I ate most of it with a knife and fork so that I wouldn't have guacamole down to my elbows. I'd gladly eat it again, but think a flatter pepper would work a lot better, she picked a really round one that I couldn't get my mouth around to take a bite.

I'm glad I could make you both laugh today. I should have said adult fiction.

I finally got through to the local social security office today. I wanted to see if I could
get more money from my ex than use my wages. Nope I won't get more from him.
She did say the amount could change after he dies.

rs, I'm glad you aced your test.

manda, that sounds like an interesting sandwich using a pepper instead of bread.

Good afternoon all, hazy, overcast, forecasting rain storms, etc. Did rain for about 10 seconds this morning. LOL. I ran a couple errands this a.m., came home for lunch, then took the car in for the rear brakes work. It is very windy, but temp is nice. Everyone keeps waiting for the rain. I have voice mail now, but keep getting told circuits are busy , to try later. Yet I was able to make a call to a friend with no problem. Weird.

I'll take your haze and smoke over what's going on in my area. The local hospital just
released a statement the levels of Covid ICU patients is at it's highest level ever. Some
areas of Texas are at Level 5.

And we just learned that the Delta variant has appeared up this way. Not in my town, but NW Wisconsin. I have masks in my car, my home, my purse, my pockets. Kat, I know you are so careful, so just keep on. I do hope those who have chosen not to get vaccinated, will think about it again.
Hubby called me this a.m.!!! He got his cell phone back finally, sounded pretty good. Said he had bad day yesterday, (He had to have cather having being unable to urinate) plus something (med?) had him throwing up, but sounded really good, had good breakfast. Therapist had him walking around his room........he got moved to Coronary care unit, & just might be released tomorrow. ??? More when I know more.

When I went to Crystal Bridges yesterday, everyone had to wear to a mask because
of CDC guidelines. I wore two masks.

I'm scared for the kids going to school. My state passed a law against masks. My governor
is trying to get the overturned for the younger kids in school, but I think all kids in school
should wear one. Some states aren't letting schools have masks on kids.

Poirot, I'm glad you got to talked to your husband and he's walking. He needs to keep doing that
when he gets back home.

Sorry I'm so late getting here. I went out before breakfast and drove around to check on some things. Then called the well pump service guy and told him I'm going to need my pump fixed soon. I hadn't put any pressure on him since the bad freeze in Feb. because he's been so booked up. I was pleasantly surprised that he came right on out today. He's 1 1/2 hr. away. Then I was again surprised and relieved that the pump was not ruined. There were 2 broken pipes and that was all that was wrong! So I got fixed up for under $200 instead of over $1,000.
This guy really likes to talk, so we visited for a very long time.

Poirot, such good news that your husband was having a good day. Sounds hopeful.

Robin, I'm glad you got out of the woods safely but I hope your cabin wasn't lost. I saw on the news that some town was completely wiped out.

I'm home, we know the sheriff came through and told everyone to leave an hour after we packed up and left. I haven't heard from anyone about the cabin. Perhaps I'll hear tomorrow. 13 hours in a car is enough.... waiting for the air conditioner to cool the house down, set it at 90° before we left.... it's 94 out and 92 in...

See ya Friday....

Back