9/13/2023 - Donuts and Decisions

Old Cowgirl

Reaction score
Good morning. I'm going to Wal-Mart. Getting a late start because I got up at 5:00, went back to sleep at 7:00 and got up at 8:00. Crazy but I sleep whenever I can these days. I still have to take a shower. Just thought I'd stop in before I get caught up in the day.

Hope everyone is okay. Glad they caught the fugitive in PA!

LOL, you made me laugh, cuz for me, tis the opposite. so chilly in the a.m. now, but it does warm up, so....what to wear. Luckily for me, a light jacket of some kind works, as it can be discarded in the car if need be. I'd be in a short sleeved top at 79, but.........you, OC, light jacket would probably work this a.m. :)

Good morning.... watched the show before coming here.... Talia while a lovely woman and all.... can she please go back to whatever town she was working in before Salem......
Still recovering from yesterday's activities....both HB and the BEAST are still sleeping.....

guess it will be a slow day here.... lots of cloud cover we have per the weather lady a "hit or miss" with "mainly miss" rain chances sort of day..... I'll take the cloud cover......

and it's cool.... not yet 70 outside.....

At my old house.... the people who purchased it haven't moved in yet.... but they are having the pool re-plastered and new tiles put on it needed it but it wasn't our pool and that's an expense.... anyway they don't have the power on so the guys couldn't drain the pool because the pump needs electricity to run..... they ran a line to my neighbor and paid him for the electricity....They brought their own generator for the plastering but the water is turned off too..... now it's still in the 105+ degree days and that house has been without A/C or water.....for a couple of weeks..... the pool workers paid the neighbor for buckets of water.... to mix grout? 5 5gallon buckets won't fill a pool.... my neighbor is insensed because he knows, I'd never let the yard get this bad..... he's right, but it never was my yard.....

Happy Wednesday.....

Rain is over, sun is out, 76 with 78% humidity, so still dealing with that.

OC: Agree about bringing a sweater or jacket with you, can either take off or put on. Play it safe.

Poirot - So you get morning chill and a warm up now. That will level off eventually.

Robin - Such drama at your old house, but at least your neighbor knows you didn't do anything wrong.

Let's all celebrate Wednesday!

1694621352400.jpeg

Hard to understand how anyone can expect workers to do anything without power? That company should inform them they are unable to do a thing with no electricity, water, etc. How unfortunate.
When we sold our house......both the one in Illinois with the pool, and the one here, Electric company just changed names but nothing was shut off. The couple buying the house with pool, did not turn anything off, kept the pump going for the pool, and even spent time IN the pool, before they moved in. LOL. In fact, even called me to ask how I added water to the pool (sun can evaporate some) but did not understand, so I drove over to show them. The husband was mortified as it was so easy. LOL Luckily, Was at inlaw's home in Chicago as hubby's friends were unable to come for a few days to drive up here, with rest of furniture, etc. As it was, he had to stay in Illinois, tying up all the loose ends with his business, so I was here for a few months alone with the boys. LOL.
I hope the buyers of your home get their act together, Robin, as they could/will have bigger problems if they don't get the utilities turned on.

Another cool morning. It's sunny and in the 70s again today.

Today started BSF study. It meets everyone Wed in a small town on the other side of the big town.
BSF is Bible Study Fellowship. Two of my Sunday school mates are going too, but we're in a different
small group. After about 45 minutes, everyone meets in the sanctuary for a lecture. I stopped at
Lowes to get another toilet seat, but out of stock and too far away to go to the other one today.

I'm little upset with my car dealership. I took car in for it's service call Sept 1. Today I got a note
saying it needs a brake fluid flush. I don't know what that is and why didn't they do it when I
was there. I never filled out the customer feedback. I did that after getting note and got a reply
already. Hopefully, I can wait and it have done when I do my next service visit.

OC, I understand that problem of picking out clothes. Cool in the morning and warm later.

robin, it seems odd to me not to have power or water on when workers need it. I hope you'll rest
today after your fun Tuesday.

Wilde Woman, the week is almost over.

Poirot, I took jacket when I went out this morning to church, but not needed until I got in the
A/C big room.

I hope everyone has a nice afternoon and evening.

roll on a plate.jpg
On our way home from the state fair yesterday we stopped at the Amish Bakery. I purchased two Cinnamon Rolls. The had sold out but had more coming from the kitchen so I purchased these before seeing them. This cinnamon roll is sitting on a 12 inch dinner plate.... yes, it was very tasty. I had half for dessert last night and a quarter of one for breakfast. I am looking forward to dessert tonight.....

Good evening everyone. Another long day without a break so I left early. I had enough time in to make 2 extra days of work for the week of last Thursday through today. (Yes, we have a weird work week. )

It was a cold rainy day. The sun decided to show up a few minutes ago, but too late to making it any warmer .

robinsnest, Amish cinnamon rolls and donuts are the best. I'm glad you're able to get them.

Last edited:
That sweet roll looks so delicious, Robin! I agree with the others about your former swimming pool. Surprised the company would even try to work on it without power and water. It's not good for houses to leave power off like that anyhow.

Squirrel, every time you tell about getting Amish things I regret not getting to do that when I lived in PA. Now Robin is getting to enjoy some of their treats. Good for both of you!

Kat, it's nice you are getting to go to Bible studies. I haven't had a chance to do that in a long time. I'm sorry you weren't able to get a toilet seat today.

Wilde Woman, you're getting way too much humidity. Icky.

Poirot, I need to get a light jacket. I don't have that. My jackets are medium, not too heavy and not too light. It's pretty much what I wear any time of year that it gets chilly or cold to me but I won't wear them when it's still this warm. I ended up wearing a dark-colored long-sleeve blouse that's made of something kinda warm--maybe rayon. Like most of my clothes, it's pretty old but a lady stopped me in Wal-Mart and raved over it, so that was nice.

It's been cloudy all day and was 82* when I got home. I got sleepy on the way home. When I went out on the county road I saw that one of my cows is in my neighbor's pasture with his cows. Sigh....I guess she'll stay there indefinitely unless she decides to come back the way she went. Pretty much the only way to get one back in that situation is for the neighbor to pen all his cows and cut her out and load her into a trailer and bring her home. Probably won't happen until the next time he gets his cows up for some other reason.

Back