9-15-17 - Donuts and beeps

A. Guy, you are right, raising cattle is not all fun, but I still like it better than anything else I might have done. I guess there is a lot of expense and maintenance with any kind of business. I was relieved to not find any out in the road today but they could have been out before or after I was there. It was late morning and already hot by the time I got there. But I didn't see any cows at all so I'm hoping they've moved over to an area away from the road, for now.

Poirot, I was hoping with the video being spread around on Facebook, maybe the young thief will be recognized and reported. I sure hope they catch her!

I just read the full story on that purse snatching.....this was in Burbank, CA, and the purse was found dumped on the street later, all I.D.,credit cards & money gone. Thousands of dollars spent on the cards at Target & Lowe's. Thief left store into an older white Lexus.......sure hope the cops are able to trace that vehicle eventually, or someone can I.D. the perp.

My thought was she could clip it to the basket where she could see it. Where it was she could not see the thief steal it. I shared this on facebook so it could go viral.

I just read the full story on that purse snatching.....this was in Burbank, CA, and the purse was found dumped on the street later, all I.D.,credit cards & money gone. Thousands of dollars spent on the cards at Target & Lowe's. Thief left store into an older white Lexus.......sure hope the cops are able to trace that vehicle eventually, or someone can I.D. the perp.

This makes me so angry and sad at the same time!:angry::sad:

A few years ago, I entered my supermarket, to find a wallet laying in the motorized cart. Someone had vacated it, leaving their wallet sitting in it. I looked in, no credit cards, some money, only a couple of I.D. cards, but none with an address. So, no, I did not turn it in. I went home, and scoured not only the local phone book, but on line as well, and found the person's phone number there. I called, this man had been looking all over his house for his wallet. Told him where I found it, we arranged to meet in the parking lot of a local nice restaurant, about 4 miles from home.

So I go, he happens to park next to me, the parking lot was pretty full. He I'D'd himself, gave him his wallet, which he immediately examined, counting his money. I said, it is all there, did not touch any. He nods, takes off. Not even a thank you. If I had left that wallet there, either someone would have turned it in, and he never would have found it, since he did not realize where he left it. and he had nothing inside to give a phone number (it was unlisted), or someone would have taken the money, just left the wallet. But........I did the right thing. :)

AGuy: now that your weight lifting project is complete and you can fix a meal, is everyone invited for dinner? Good luck on your replacement microwave search. Happy Friday.

I am well-stocked with a fine selection of Campbell's Chunky Soups, so there's always that! :rotfl:

PS: When I got that boat anchor up the stairs, I put it on a carpet runner, and dragged it into the kitchen. :drunk:Maybe The Smithsonian would like to have it?

Hi everyone!

I'm not surprised about what low life pieces of garbage do. I've worked with the public too long. I can't count the number of times I've made DVDs for the police because of people using a stolen credit card. And the one time I made one for the FBI because some local loon tried to join ISIS.

I bought a purse from the Coach outlet on my honeymoon for $70 and it has a long strap so I wear it cross body when out shopping alone and when I get off work/walking up to my apartment. If some wants to steal it they're going to have to take a 5ft5, 150 pound red head with them :rotfl:

Hope everyone has a wonderful night!

Back