9/15/22 Donuts and Apple Cider Donuts

redsquirrel

Reaction score
Good morning everyone. Apple cider donuts with cinnamon sugar on the outside are for breakfast this morning. YUM! I love when the local apple orchard store still has them when I stop in later in the day. They're also made the old fashioned way by the Amish women who work in the bakery area there.

My local NBC station (across the state line in Ohio) had a 5 minute segment this morning around 5:30 AM with the anchors reading some of the comments and questions the station has been getting about Days. They said every single one received was either angry or confused. Even their own family members were questioning them. One said her mom and grandmother had no idea what to do, and would not pay to get a tv or other device that was needed to watch Days. The other said his wife , mother, and mother-in-law said they wouldn't pay for Peacock because of the sneaky way that Days and NBC handled the move.
This station also added an hour of their own news programming instead of going with the extra hour that NBC has.

Last edited:
67 in NY with 51% humidity. Getting better every day, though the afternoon temps are still averaging in the 80's.

I just checked my TV listings for noon: NBC News Daily followed by Dateline at 1 pm. Programming is saturated with news programs and talk shows,.

Red - those donuts sound yummy. Entenmann's produces a very good apple cider donut, but I put blinders on when I walk past the display in the market. That is awful about your local station. The whole situation was handled very insensitively and unprofessionally, leaving so many out in the cold. If they want the show renewed after next September, they need to make is accessible to the masses. The fact that THEY knew this was happening a long time ago only makes it worse. Even if the end result was going to be the same, at the very least, give viewers three to six months to prepare.

Wishing all a great Thursday!

1663252093267.png

gOOD morning....very windy here, partly cloudy and 60. Forecast has changed so often no idea what is in store, except, it really is very windy.
I don't know if local NBC anchors has said boo. I only watched 6 p.m. last night for the half hour. They lost me for the afternoon, and I am sure many others as well.....Cracks me up the spin the execs try to put on "the move", which has failed on every level. Days lost viewers, NBC lost viewers, weekday afternoon on NBC lost viewers.
Enjoyed lunching with friend yesterday, good to get out, & we had not seen each other in a couple years

Good morning.... the work continues in the back yard. Last night HB was out moving things in the dark..... he dropped a wooden plank on his ankle so now that's sore.... :rolleyes: Taking the BEAST to day care, then I have a bunch of around the town chores, an AMAZON return, a birthday gift to mail to Canada, one of those, if it makes it through customs, it will arrive way early if it gets stuck in customs it could be late.... it's for a 2 year old so timing isn't all that important this year.... next year forward it will be.....
I look forward to seeing this job completed!!!
In October I may take a drive to Sacramento, if so I'm going to stop at Apple Hill and I will bring back some apple cider donuts for all.... they are so yummy.....

Good Thursday to all....

I'm back from school already. I can actually see the school property from our front parking lot, but access to their private one way street is only from a street on the opposite side. It only took me 3 minutes to get there since I had 2 green lights.

Wilde Woman, Entenmann's or any other commercially produced apple cider donuts don't even come close to the ones made fresh at the apple orchards. Wish I could share them with you.

Poirot, I'm glad you had a nice lunch with your friend.

robinsnest, is HB extra special clumsy or does it just seem that way?

Hmm, is Apple Hill sort of on the way to Lake Tahoe? About 10 years ago when we were on the way to Lake Tahoe, (when visiting brother), we went to a place that seemed to be in the middle of nowhere called Apple Hill with different farms, orchards, and farm stores that were part of some co-op or something. There were several farm stores with apples / produce/cider, a winery , hard cider place , Christmas tree farm, etc. We had some good apple cider donuts there, too.

Yes to both your questions RS.... HB is extra special..... and Apple Hill is on the way to Lake Tahoe.... one of the places Able's Acres makes the best buttermilk dutch apple pie in the world.... (or at least of the other places on the hill I've tried) and Boa Vista used to make Frog Balls (pickled brussels sprouts) They make donuts and if you are lucky you can get them right out of the fryer.... folks mill around the register waiting for the last ones on the rack to be sold then pounce on the fresh ones..... a couple of weeks ago Boa Vista was advertising Lavender Donuts..... they looked pretty.... but I prefer the Apple ones...

I was hoping to post earlier, but I got tied up at the pharmacy to get two shots. I had no idea it would take
so long. I was there almost an hour. The one woman said it was taking long for insurance to give the okay
for the shots. How long was I there before they sent the request in? I'm trying hard not to feel ticked off
about it.

A cool morning for walking. It's sunny and in the mid 80s today. I'll be home tomorrow. Hopefully, I'll feel
ok to get outside work done.

rs, the donuts sound yummy. I wish you could use the Salem portal to send us all some :) Thanks for
sharing the Days segment.

Poirot, I'm glad you had a nice lunch yesterday.

robin, HB is lucky he didn't break anything last night. I hope Vinnie is enjoying his Day Care.

I hope everyone has a good rest of the day.

Good afternoon. I never heard of apple cider donuts. No apples grown anywhere near me. When I lived in PA in the early 1970s I was surprised at how excited people got over apple season. Until then I did not know that adults eat applesauce. I'd thought of it as what comes in baby food jars. Yeah, I know, big difference in the fresh. My friends in PA let me know that right away!

Robin, that buttermilk dutch apple pie sounds scrumptious! I'd pass on eating anything lavender. I hope HB's ankle heals without complication.

When I saw the NBC news show come up on my channel after Days was gone, I wondered just how many news shows do they need? You couldn't pay me to watch it. I feel bad for the folks who didn't know this was coming and still don't understand what happened.

Squirrel, it makes me smile when you tell of how close some things are to you or your work. It almost takes me three minutes to get out of my driveway!

Wilde Woman, it's good to hear your weather is improving.

Poirot, I saw where you've moved into fall. Now I'm thinking we'll barely blink before you'll be having winter weather! It's always nice to hear when you're able to get out with a friend.

It's still summer here. The 90s* continue this week, and next week it may reach 100* again! No rain before at least October. I'd like to get a few things from the grocery store but I'm trying to make it until Monday, when my niece will follow me to the city to leave my car in the shop to get the a/c fixed. I have no desire or will to go anywhere without a working a/c. My truck has one but it also has a big engine and gets about 9 mpg so going anywhere off the ranch in it has to be an unavoidable necessity.

Kat, it seems crazy that the pharmacy didn't have their ducks in a row before advertising to give the shots. I guess we're having to adjust to a lot of things not being up to speed these days.

wE get apple cider & pumpkin donuts up here, of late have seen pumpkin pie, cake, cake roll.....I am more for the donuts, Love pumpkin pie, but one whole pie is just wayyyyy too much. LOL

Back