9-16-18 - Donuts and apartment hunting

Little-Sweetness

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Still fairly nothing going on weather wise here in my little area of Virginia. Some overcast and we're supposed to get a lot of rain, but I'm not too concerned just yet. The local authorities have called in the National Guard in case the river floods, and the county officials have called for a state of emergency. Hoping that they're just being extremely cautious!

Headed out to look at an apartment this afternoon as long as the weather behaves, and I'm nervous. First place I've looked at since I moved back in with my mom.

Just want to wish you all a good morning and a happy Sunday!

Good really warm Sunday morning......
Heading out to a bonsai nursery we missed seeing last weekend when we were with family......a club member is selling their nursery and moving to higher and somewhat cooler ground......should be fun.....
On another note when we return I get to mop the kitchen floor!!!!!!! I didn't get around to it yesterday...... so excited!!!! as I wasn't in town last week it didn't get done so I can't wait another week......

Good luck with the apartment hunt LS.....I love looking at new places.... but only if I don't have to actually move.... some days I just go to open houses just to see the variety of ways to set up a home.....

Good Sunday to all who come later today.....

Another warm day here. It's going to be close to 90 everyday this week with
high humidity.

Just a typical Sunday with church and Sunday school.

Little Sweetness, good luck with apartment hunting. Hopefully, you won't get
too much rain.

robin, I hope you found lots of bargains at the bonsai nursery. Enjoy mopping
the floor later.

Noel, enjoy the rest of your Sunday.

I hope everyone has a good rest of the day and evening.

Good afternoon folks, back from church, and a short visit to the store, had to get a few things besides the Sunday paper. There was some race in town yesterday, I guess. Fat tire......I think it was bikes. I know I heard something in passing on radio about roads being closed off in morning......I did not go out at all, but I saw the horses on the side this a.m. Guess they moved them away, but did not pick them all up yet. (and yes, I mean those road block horses, not ones you ride, lolol)
Wishing you well on the apt. viewing, LS, did that last year, not too fond (well, actually, was condo house hunting). Trouble is, one doesn't know about any kind of prospective problem til AFTER. Ha. You are lucky there is no big deadline, so you can really look around better.
Have fun on the bonsai trip, Robin. Bet you find bargain! Ahhh, bakery items are appearing featuring pumpkin. Has to be fall in the air, tho it was 87 yesterday, and 84 right now. Funny thing...lots of large, bright yellow leaves on ground from the storm yesterday. But I have no idea where they came from.

Hi everybody! I hope that everyone is doing fantastic. Just wanted to say that I miss you all and I hope that each one of you are doing well.

Right now it is sunny and 81*F although feeling much hotter. I think the month of July is back. I love sunshine and heat so I am not complaining at all and really hope this weather pattern continues. Although, this week the weather fluctuates from hot to cool as it's the time of the year where summer does not want to let go as autumn approaches. I am really not too keen on the fluctuations as it can cause a lot of sickness. I will take heat all the time.

LS: Good luck apartment hunting today. I hope that you are able to find something of interest.

Wishing everybody a super Sunday and a wonderful week ahead. Sending everyone so much happiness always.

Hi everybody. This has been a very long and trying weekend with getting ready for bulk trash pick up tomorrow. The heat and humidity are also getting to me. Rain from the hurricane is supposed to reach us some time tonight.

I've been trying for the last hour to sign into my EZPass account to change the make of my car, but I keep getting URL not found when signing in. GRR Guess I'll go to AAA after work tomorrow, and let them handle it.

Came out of WalMart today, and went directly to the aisle I parked in. Silly me was looking for my old car when I was standing 5 feet away from the new one.

That's when it finally hit me, Poirot. I saw my old license plate on the new car. The man next to me started laughing with me when I explained why I was standing there looking around then suddenly burst out laughing. He said he did the same thing when he got his new car a while ago.

Bishop's Hat.jpg Pelargonium carnosum.jpg

Thumbnails of the purchase today......
The "white" one is a Cactus and it's called The Bishop's Hat
The other weird thing is a Pelargonium carnosum a relative of the Geranium

I also got a Ficus and plan on cutting it down and starting over as it is quite ugly.
It was hot and dry and maybe a little bit hotter...... But it was fun

I hope all had a good day.

AGuy if you check in again, I hope you are doing better.

On to Monday.....

Back