9/16/21 - Donuts and Window Washers

mandamiee

Reaction score
Good Morning,
It's a beautiful sunny day here, but all I keep hearing are the window washers hitting and scraping their washing sticks on the windows, and then beep beep beep as they adjust their lift thingy. When the entire outside wall is windows it takes a long time to wash them all. I'm really glad they only do this twice a year. I hear it over my headphones and the music, I listen to on Pandora. I'm done complaining about the window washer.

Our first night at confirmation was good, mostly just going over how it works and expectations for all the new students as well as reminders for the returning students. I stopped in at the end of choir practice to remove the music from Spring of 2020 and fill my folder with the new songs that we'll be working on now. It will work out well going forward, Choir is from 6:30 to 7:30 and confirmation class is from 6:30 until 8, so I can help the choir director file music, or get stuff ready for Sunday School while Gena finishes class. Tonight we have Girl Scouts.

Poirot - I'm glad hospice was able to move quickly, although I can't imagine they can dawdle, some people spend months on hospice, some not even close. I hope they can help your husband be more comfortable and work with both of you to cope with everything going on. I know they were a blessing to the family when my mother-in-law was losing her battle with congestive heart failure.

Wishing you all a day full of blessings and healing.

Currently, he is refusing to use anything that was brought in to make things more comfortable for him. And that includes the bedside table, you know, it goes over the bed so you can eat in bed , and then can be moved to the side. He definitely is unco-operative with anything, or any one.

Poirot, does he sleep any during the day? Or during the night, for that matter?

Manda, I wish you could send those window washers down my way. As intolerant as I am of noise, I would gladly endure it to get my windows washed. I've been thinking of trying to find someone to come and do mine. I have no idea what it would cost, if anybody would even come this far out. I'm kinda waiting for the wasps to give up their nests. I'm still having to spray them some.

I went out and painted the other side of my board this morning but this time I brushed it on. Spray painting is just not for me! Then I started washing down the porch and pavers at the little guest house but the hose blew in two where there were two connected. I needed to come in anyway. I got a late start and it was getting really hot.

Manda I’m glad it is going to work well. I totally get the window washers sound too — except mine ha sheen construction work which also goes over my ear buds and Spotify.

poirot - I’m sorry things continue to be difficult. I pray they get better. Many hugs and good thoughts your way.

OC I’m glad you got some work done, but definitely best to go in before it gets too hot.

we were supposed to get rain this week - but that didn’t really happen but it hasn’t been as oppressively hot so I’m taking the win. Lol

Another sunny day. Highs in the 80s.

An interesting day at the library. A patron brought me a mum plant. She wanted to apologize
for last week. It wasn't until after I left I remembered what happened. I was trying to help her
since the librarian was in the "ladies". I guess she thought she was being rude when I was
doing my best to help her. She wanted some books and she wanted them now. She first
came in looking for a card catalog. I said it's on the computer. She got upset with herself
since she could've done at home. Then the she couldn't sign in computer, etc. etc.

Now I have to figure out where to put it. I would plant it, but the ground is so dry. I'll have to
get an outside planter for it. I wonder if anyone has one now and not expensive.

Poirot, I'm sorry your husband isn't cooperating. I hope he'll finally realize that you need
help too.

manda, I like your new picture. Sorry to hear your morning was noisy. I hope this
afternoon is better.

OC, I hope you can put your feet up the rest of the day.

Kris, I hope you get rain soon. Then it can come to me.

I hope everyone will had a joyful rest of the day.

Good morning..... better day for me...... so far...
I spoke with my youngest last night.... the told me a story about Theo his huge German Shepard dog they thought this was a "one off" but it happens frequently so it's not.... daughter in law works from home now that the pandemic started she finds she's more productive at home and the bosses agree. She has a bed in her office for Theo. Theo comes in and sleeps, Daughter in law is on the phone talking.... Theo groans and turns over, she continues talking, Theo gets up walking while grumbling to his crate in another room, and with a loud sign lies down and goes to sleep. Son didn't believe it but this past weekend while cheering on his football team Theo did the same thing.... what a little prince.....

At Stepmother's place part of what she pays for is having her windows cleaned twice a year. She's been there 4 years they've raised her rent every year by at least $150. and have never washed her windows. The hallway carpet was torn and ripped, and the fix was duct tape, okay that is good till you can get it repaired in a couple of days. IT was taped when she moved in, 2 years later it was still taped and after being told for months that they were trying to pick out new carpet patterns, I reported the facility for hazards to the state. Strangely enough after the State notified them the new carpet went in. Everyone in that wing uses either a walker or a cane.... and to say that duct tape is a long term fix when you are paying thousands for rent.... ya nah....

Poirot prayers continue for you and your obstinate hubby.....

Manda glad it's going to work out for you and you get to get back to singing... starting to return to "normal" activity has to feel good....

Happy Thursday

Sorry I sound like such a downer......@OC, yes, he sleeps a great deal during the day, & night, too. Heck, last night he never even watched any TV, was asleep by 5. He is asleep right now.

Finally found where the hearing aid place is located here, I thought it was somewhere else, it wasn't. Then worried they moved out of town. Nope. I was just wrong about location. (I am saying "what" entirely too often of late, so figure am past due to get something that works.

Hi everybody!

I thought I had posted yesterday. Guess I only liked posts, and never actually posted anything.

Schools are done for the week. Thank goodness! Then have morning and afternoon classes next Tuesday with my flu shot at noon.

My friend is working at the state representative's senior citizen health fair for me today. Set up there was at the same time that I had to be at school. I almost stopped in on my way back from school, but didn't want my friend to think I was checking up on her.

Amanda - I think I can top your window washer sounds. We have a tire shop next to work, and we hear the air wrenches and tire mounting equipment ALL DAY LONG!!!

Poirot - I feel for you with your husband's refusal to cooperate. He would be so much more comfortable if he would try to get along with the hospice worker. Plus it would be much less stress for you.

Old Cowgirl - Be careful, OC. Spray paint, or any paint for that matter, can be such a migraine trigger, too. The idea of a board for puzzles sounds good.

Kris - I'm glad your weather has cooled down to a more tolerable temp.

kat - That was really sweet of the lady to bring a mum as an apology to you.

robinsnest - It sure is amazing what you see in nursing homes and assisted living centers once they get used to you being around. They're no longer on their best behavior.

RS - oh dear, I don't think I'll ever complain about the window washers again compared to air wrenches the tire mounting equipment, that stuff is really loud.

Kat - the window washer must be on a lunch break now, but was still working in our area 10 minutes ago. How nice of that lady to apologize and bring you a plant.

OC - I hope your wasps all die out soon, or at least move away.

Robin - wow, your step-mother's place sounds terrible. Choir will only be semi-normal as we all will be sitting about 6 feet apart and singing with masks on, it will be interesting, but I've missed it so much that I won't complain one bit.

kat, Cindy is still in a lot of pain, and badly bruised. She called last night to say her daughter was picking her up in a few minutes to stay over night with her in southeastern Ohio. They had to be back in Pittsburgh today for her son's 8th surgery. This was another one on his hip. They still haven't had him sitting up or standing. The docs are trying to find a rehab facility in southeastern Ohio for him when his surgeries are completed. So far, they've only found ones that are in Pittsburgh, and that's too far to take his 9 year old son to visit him every day.

Amanda, those air wrenches are the absolute worst. Then you hear the backup beeping several times each day when the delivery trucks go in and out with more tires from the main store that's near our county courthouse.

Back