9/19/17 - Donuts & Sleep

mandamiee

Reaction score
Good Morning Everyone,

63* right now, high of 75* today. This is my kind of weather.

Today is my slow night with nothing big on the agenda, other than prepping a few things for the exterminator to come on Thursday. Tomorrow I have choir practice, so there won't be time tomorrow.

Last night was our Girl Scout Leader meeting. Found out that instead of a dance for Halloween, they are planning a Zombie Apocalypse event at the local Girl Scout camp with basic survival skills and some other fun events. I can't wait to sign Gena up for that, it sounds like fun. :)

Have a great day everyone!

Morning, all. Busy morning for me.

I found out late yesterday I can't be at school until 10:30 this morning. Since the
rest of my mornings are full, I still decided to go. I'll only be there 90 minutes today.

Last night, I killed two bugs when I was in bed. They seem to like moisturizer. I'm
still not sure what bugs I have. This morning, I realized the bugs like attacking the
cat food that is out. Nothing out last night, so no bugs. I was hoping. But then
I realized maybe the bugs are coming out from under the stove. After I pulled
out everything, there seemed to be more bugs flying.

I cleaned the floor under the stove and sprayed. I cleaned the stove insert
and sprayed it. I saw white specks in it that I vacuumed. Maybe something.
All I need to do now is wash the pan. I'm washing all the rags and I sprayed my
vacuum cleaner since it's a bagless one.

Cat was out last night so no worries about the critter in the flowerbed.

I hope everyone has the best day possible.

Morning all.

Just a go to work. The drive-to-the-office-work, day today. Mr. Gus got to stay home as Hunny Bunny is not planning any trip out today. And the weather is FINALLY cooling. I know it sounds odd, but it is only going to be 99 today!!! Sometime during the night, Hunny Bunny shut off the a/c and put the whole house fan in and opened the windows. FRESH AIR. It was amazing.

A zombie apocalypse sounds like fun. Scary fun, but fun. Lucky you and Gena.

Have a good day all.

Hello everyone. My landlord is still doing work outside the house. Thankfully, Remmy has accepted his presence and isn't very concerned, lol. For two days now, the landlords have called me to let me know the work is over for the day and I could let Remmy out to play, lol. They know how excited she gets around people and were concerned I wasn't letting her out (even though he has told me she didn't bother him, but I didn't want her in his way), lol.

Take care.

Hello friends,

A very busy over-scheduled day/evening for me. Too many sweet babies who are very sick and too many young parents who are very worried about their infant. My body feels like it is in slow motion but I have absolutely no reason why.

Manda: your weather sounds perfect! The Halloween dance should be great fun for Gena. Tonight I am glad you have a non-packed schedule and can hopefully just relax.

Kat: glad your cat was on patrol last night so no critters floundered in your flower beds. Sorry about the bugs in the kitchen area. Every woman hates that dilemma! Hope your evening is relaxing.

Robin: the A/C is definitely still on in my house. Still, if it remains under 100 we can both rejoice! I am waiting for 80s temperatures!

Take care everyone and make it the best day possible.

KT: how thoughtful of the landlord to think of Remmy! So glad you can let the dog out to run and play later in the day. Enjoy the results of the house repairs as they are completed. It is always a good feeling.

Hi everybody. Sorry to be missing for a while. The flu and pneumonia have struck with a vengeance, and I haven't been to work. Still pushing fluids so I don't get dehydrated. At least the chills and sweats are gone, and my temp has dropped to 101*. This is the first that I've been able to look at the laptop.

Trying to catch up with posts.

Amanda - Is there any way that you can block your tenant from bringing in people since they may be the bug carriers?

Poirot - You may have luck with one of these programs that I use......

1) With my Windows 10 laptop, I use the free program Apache OpenOffice instead of Microsoft Office. The first time I opened each of my old files, I right clicked. Then chose to open each one with Open Office. Before closing each file, I chose to save it as an OpenOffice file. All old files work perfectly as I edit / print, and I have no problem creating new files.
If I need to take a file to work on a thumb drive, I just follow the same right clicking and choosing to open it as a Microsoft Office file on my Windows 10 work computer .

2) On my phone and tablet, I use Polaris Office. It is also free, and I have no problems using my old Microsoft office files with it or working on ones that I converted to Apache OpenOffice.

I saw on a couple of computer software sites last week that Days was releasing emojis of the show's characters. Jason47 just confirmed it on Facebook. The first pack will be available for Android and Apple on September 21st. A few are good (Patch !), some are just so-so, but most are just plain awful. I won't be spending money to buy them.

Saw that, too.....posted the info and pics in the Front Page forum.

I have Apache Open Office on my laptop.........but I really don't have any files on it. I have files on XP here, and want to send them over to the Win10. The thing is there are programs.....but I don't think they will open at all. Like Quicken, or Family Tree maker, or Generations. That DATA I don't want to lose, but I cannot add to the filles if the programs won't work in Win10

How old/ hat version is your Family Tree Maker software? Mine is 2009, and it works on Windows 10 by opening in compatibility mode.

If you have your old original install disc from yours, you can try installing and running it that way. If it doesn't work, you aren't out anything.

Squirrel: my goodness you were hit hard and fast with both flu and pneumonia. Glad to read your symptoms are decreasing in severity. You must be exhausted and weak. You are in our thoughts and prayers. Great to have you posting again. You were missed. :hug:

RS - so sorry you are sick again. I sure hope you're feeling better soon. As to the renter's visitors, I don't. It's legal to not allow him to have guests, and even if I tried, the reality is once hubby is back to working, we'd never know who comes and goes while we're at work.

Squirrel, I'm so sorry you've been sick. I pray your recovery will speed up and go smoothly now.

Kat, I'm intrigued by how the digger stays away when your cat is out.

We went to town today. Had to take one of the husband's hearing aids to the shop and leave it. Then I shopped at Wal-Mart. It was 100* the whole time we were out. Had the hardest time ever getting back up the wheelchair ramp at home. The heat makes it harder. Glad to be back and settled in. My niece took the brush hog deck to the city (70 miles) on the flatbed trailer today as she started home, to get new blades put on it. She got into very heavy thunderstorms with hard blowing rain and some hail. She kept calling me to find out when/if she was going to get out of it. The break came when she was about 25 miles from home. She said it was 100* before it started raining, then dropped to 62*. When she got out of the rain and back out this way, it went right back up to 97*. This was at 6:00 p.m. We could use some of the rain here. I could hear the thunder and see the clouds but they stayed to our north.

Back