9-19-18 - Donuts and Camp Days

robinsnest

Super Moderator
Reaction score
So here in nice AZ the kiddo's are off for the rest of the week..... it's Fall Break!!!!

So what do you do with your kids?? in my district you have a camp option.... That you had to sign up for before Monday...... so I get to go to camp incase folks just decide to show up..... how fun is that???

Potential good news might be in my future..... more on that when I get more news......

Have an awesome Wednesday....

Morning, Robin and others to join.

Robin - Fall break already? I know your kids were in school in August but doesn't that seem very quick to have a break already? Keep us posted on your news.

Katmouse - Yes, it is WAY too early to be snowing. Last year we were having temperatures in the mid 20's *C (77*F) and were still camping.

Poirot - ya, I really don't know what is going on with that department's HR. There could so many reasons for the delays in the hiring process in government, but this really is ridiculous. As I mentioned before, the delay between the exam and the interview was due to incorporating the Vaping Act into the Tobacco Act but as to what the delay is now, who really knows? They can say or not say anything. Probably never know why until they are ready to fill the role. In the meantime, I just want a change in scene, people, job, challenge.

So apparently we are going ahead with our two games of outdoor beach volleyball which is ridiculous given what our weather has been like. These last two games are playoffs and the should have been done a few weeks ago but due to having to cancel one night because of smoke then another night due to rain, this is why we are playing so late. I have my doubts it will go ahead. I say just rank us in the total points and move on to the next season.

Have a good Wednesday everyone.

Good morning all. I've popped in to read a few times but I never seem to have time to stay and type. The girls had a great summer. Our little town league managed to scrape up players so they played here this year. Not again though. This year it wasn't drama with the league itself, but drama with parents. Ava's team was a lot of younger players but they managed to come in 3rd in the tournament. Annabelle's team....well, they forfeited first round of the tournament because two of the girls were also playing in another league and had a game conflict. (Part of that parent drama is overscheduling their kids and ranking our team last on their priorities, but that's a whole long rant for another day). So, they didn't do well and she got bumped out of her normal position for most of the season. Here's a couple of pictures from their season.

tballava.jpg annabellebantams.jpg

But, we found Ava a team in a fall/spring league in the town we used to live in before we had kids, 45 miles away. We just found out last night they don't have enough teams in that age group for the fall schedule. So, we're going to drop down to one practice a week and enter into a couple of one-day tournaments for some game experience before the spring season. And maybe come springtime, we can find a team over there in Annabelle's age group that needs a player. Then after that, Annabelle will be eligible for junior high softball.

They've started school. Annabelle's last year in elementary, as a 6th grader. Ava in 2nd grade. They're growing up so fast. Both have already gotten Blue Jays of the Week within the first two weeks of school.
2018firstday.jpg

As for me, I've been spending more time trying to read that ever growing pile of books on my to-read list. We still have our pigs, right now 8 piglets that are about 4 months old. And I had my 20th high school reunion in July. It was a great time and lasted a few hours longer than I thought it would.

Good Morning,

Robin - is spending the day at camp good or bad, I'd think it would be a mice change of scenery, however up here the mosquitoes are just dreadful right now, so it would probably be miserable.
Muzz - I can't believe they are going to make you finish the outdoor volleyball with those cold temps, brrr.
Rocksford - good to see you back, parent drama is usually worse than anything else with kids stuff. I even see a bit of that with my Girl Scouts. Enjoy your reading list.

Tonight church choir practice starts again for the fall, I'm excited I've missed the choir and some adult time to myself.

Gena's back to her old self and complaining that she still has to take her antibiotics since she feels fine. I try to explain that the infection may not be gone yet, but she doesn't completely understand.

I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Another warm day today. Tomorrow should be the last day with rain coming in.

Last night, I woke up with a pain in my stomach. I finally got back to sleep. I had
oatmeal for breakfast, but the rest of the meals today I'll be eating baby food.
My stomach
hasn't felt this bad since I got diagnosed with acid reflex.

I had bank appt today. I almost cancelled because how I was feeling. I went anyway.
I'm glad I did. The banker and I had some good laughs.

manda, I'm glad Gena is feeling a lot better. I'm sure it's hard for a child to understand
why they need to continue medicine when they're feeling better. Enjoy choir later.

robin, enjoy camp if you have to go. I don't know what parents do here when there are
breaks during the school year. There are three elementary schools that are considered
year round. This week, they are on break.

rocky, thanks for the update. Kids grow up so fast.

Muzzaman, enjoy volleyball if you play later.

Enjoy the rest your day, everyone.

Good morning......still overcast, gloomy, spitting some rain today. Mandy....tell Gena that it is the meds' job to make you feel better quickly, but the tiny bacteria/germs take longer to kill. And they are good at hiding away, thus one has to take the entire amount of meds to "make sure". Gosh, it would happen to my kids, but they learned lessons. They would feel great, felt did not have to take any more, and a month later were down again. Strep throats, ear infections, and mom's hate to say "I told you so". By the way, hubby, who was really fairly healthy all his life, and is now having some issues......just did the same last year. Yep, learned a lesson. Better safe than sorry.
Geese are flying south, seeing small groups. Saw a deer run across the back here. Not sure if it is going to rain some more during the day today, or will hold off til tonight. Sure is grey & gloomy.
Camp?? Robin has to go to camp?? Egads!
Hey Rocky, good to see you, my goodness your girls are growing so much.
Muzza, cannot imagine playing beach VB when the temps are so uncooperative. Good luck. You really do live a very busy life, tho! Good for you!
Hope Noel's family is getting strength back at last......nasty bug, for sure.
Take care, all, have a good one!

A late morning break and finished reading new posts. So much to catch up on in a few hours. :)

Robin: if 'camp' means going up north to Payson, Prescott or Sedona I am totally jealous! Enjoy the high mountain vistas, pine trees and cooler temps.

Muzza: I'm with you on moving on when weather changes and makes beach volleyball a whole new challenge!

RF: so great to have an update from you. Your girls are getting prettier by the year! Glad your piglets are healthy too.

Manda: ah, when the kiddos complain again we know they are feeling better. [wink]. How nice to have choir practice again to share your talents and have some much needed Mom 'me' time! Enjoy.

Kat: hope your reflux issue and stomach are both feeling better soon today. Glad you and your banker had a few good laughs too.

Poirot: just love it when the geese fly south, honking in unison, and watching the V formations mid-air. Autumn is surely upon your area now and it is time for pumpkin patches and apple cider.

Days: glad the effects of Hurricane Florence have resided from your area and your family schedule has been restored. There is peace in relative familiarity in family schedules.

Wishing everyone a good 'hump' day. AGuy you are always in our thoughts and prayers.

Sadly camp just means all the kids go to a different location here in town.... these are the daycare kids....
So did the 6:15to 9:30 shift then to the office...
Not sure I will last long at bonsai tonight.

Hey Rocky.... thanks for dropping by...

Hi everyone!

I’ve been up since 4:30 this morning because I had to drive 2 hours to our area office in Richmond for two days of training. I’m sitting in my hotel room relaxing and watching YouTube after shoveling my dinner down.

Rs, sounds like you are having a busy day.

DaysLady, glad you are safe from Hurricane Florence.

Robin, can’t wait to hear your good news.

Kat, hope you feel better soon.

Muzza, I can’t wrap my head around snow in September. It’s currently 79 and humid at 7:30 here.

Poirot, can you let the geese know that we have enough of them here and to pick another destination :rotfl:

Manda, good luck with convincing Gena why she needs to take her medicine.

Rocky, the girls are getting so big. Sorry you had to deal with so much drama during softball this summer. Hopefully next year is better.

Noel, hope you are having a good day. And if you are working that all the babies are doing great.

Hope everyone has a wonderful night!

Whew, I'm late getting in here. I had a busy day. Mr. Fix-it came this morning and installed my new cabinets in the laundry room. I'm thrilled to have the extra space!

This afternoon I went to town and got a haircut. First time for me at this place. She did a good job and even styled my hair, which is something new for me. I'm used to getting a cut and a quick blow dry. This young lady did blow it dry and she also used a flat iron on it. It looked very pretty but alas, I had to come home and wash out the "root boost" spray she had used on it, due to the fragrance. I had taken my fragrance-free shampoo for her to use, and had explained that I could use only fragrance-free products, due to migraines. I think she couldn't resist doing what was necessary to make my hair look its best. Oh well, it was nice getting to see what it "could" look like!

Rocky, it was good seeing your updates. Your girls sure have grown!

OC: it is always such a good feeling when our new hairdo looks great. Sure wish the scent didn't require you losing it once home, but hopefully you took a 'selfie' for memories. Wonderful news that your laundry room cabinets are installed and you are totally organized going forward! Enjoy. :clap:

Back