9-19-19 - Donuts and Rain, Rain, Rain

Jammers

Reaction score
Morning all!

We are getting the rain today! We have had over 3 inches since about 5am this morning with plenty more on the way. We need it, but just not all at one time. We were supposed to have had rain the last couple of days, but it has been hit or miss. Guess ol' Imelda decided to leave us alone until today.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Morning.... I just finished reading about Imelda.... charming "lady".....Hunny bunny has family in the Houston area... on the west side..... so he's going to check up on them now.... somehow we missed that gulf storm coverage and warnings.......

It's another beautiful triple digit day in the desert..... birds are walking cause it's easier than flying... open mouth panting..... weather guessers are saying we will drop to the high 90's over the weekend..... but then they also said we'd have widespread rain this week.... so I'll wait and see....

didn't make it to the bonsai meeting.... PT just wore me out..... and the chairs at the meeting place are not comfortable to begin with and my leg being sore, just didn't seem like a good idea.... ya know??

I hope everyone has a great Thursday...

Morning all.

I'll be getting rain starting tomorrow and it will rain for the next few days. So, I'm outside
today doing chores. First I raked the fun area. I'm going out again and trim more in
the yard. I took Goldie to get a bath. Sometime today I have to clean her doghouse.
She's hardly in it during the summer, but I need to get it ready for cooler weather.

robin, I hope you won't in too much pain today.

jammers, I hope you won't flood in your area. I saw on the weather channel
parts of Houston is flooded.

Muzzaman, I hope you're doing well.

Wishing everyone a good day and evening.

It's Friday-Eve! Whohoo!!

I think I am jealous of even the word "rain"! Sorry. :sad: It is so hard to get into a Fall mood when triple digits pound our every daily step. Still I sure hope Autumn shows up soon!

Jammers: Sure wish that much rain on Houston came in days not hours. Stay safe! Hope your area is not flooded like the pictures on Weather channel!

Robin: its a wonder the birds don't faint after 6 months of triple digit weather. No wonder their little wings get weary trying to keep forward motion in drought-heat waves! Sure hope your knee feels better today.

Kat: you are such a hard worker. I am certain you will get to Goldie's dog house when you have free time.

Wishing everyone a great Thursday.

Morning everyone. Had doctor appt, but started the day with a phone call from my dear very close friend here, her husband passed away yesterday evening. She wants me to do the scripture readings for the funeral next Wednesday, and to call all our friends here. Get surprised at number of folks who no longer have land line, thus not in phone book.

So far, Houston daughter has not checked in, I know she was prepared to stay in, had her supplies, etc. Gosh, so much rain in some areas around Houston. Pray all are safe.
Belated happy anniversary to Days Lady. Mandy, trust Gena's visit went well????
Sorry to those I have missed, my mind is a jumble currently. God Bless.

Good late morning/early afternoon depending upon where you live.
Sorry to arrive late, but the blood mobile is at the office today collecting donations, so I spent 45 minutes of my morning donating, would have been faster but the first phlebotomist missed my vein, I looked at my arm and told her she had the needle pointed in the wrong direction and it need to be more to the left, she didn't believe me, supervisor came over and told her she had it too far to the right and it needed to be more to the left. :rolleyes: I've been donating for 24 years, I think I know my own arm by now.
Gena's visit went well, I like this dropping her off with her aunt & picking her up from there. It allows me to actually discuss the visit with the aunt face to face, it also allows me the chance to thank her and her husband for helping with the visits and pass along that if it ever gets to be too much to just let me know and I'll work to figure something else out.

Jammers - stay safe from Imelda, the flooding looks terrible.
OC - I hope you are safe, any effects of Imelda by you?
Kat - I hope the yard work goes smoothly today and it's not too hot.
Robin - safe travels to Hunny Bunny, I hope you're not as sore today.
Noel - you should all come visit Poirot and I, fall is everywhere I turn. I've seen a couple trees fully turned to orange already.
Poirot - so sorry to hear about your friends husband, always hard to lose a person we love. Prayers for your friend and her family, and also you daughter.
Wishing you all a happy almost Friday. :rotfl:

Luckily where I am it is not too bad....Conroe is flooding and that is not too far from me in Montgomery. My dad is just north of Houston and already has water in his garage and close to getting into his house. Hopefully they will get a break in the rain over those areas and some of the water can subside. Am hoping it does not shift this way too much. I am enjoying the relief in the heat though...like the others, not feeling much like fall here with upper 90's/lower 100's.

Hi rk and everybody else.

Manda, thanks for your concern. I'm fine. I went to a funeral this morning (Mr. Fix-it's dad). By the time I went to the funeral and then the cemetery and got home and had a bowl of soup for lunch, I was beginning my fight to stay awake. Haven't given in yet. Don't need to sleep this late in the day.

I live at least 7 or more hours away from the Texas coast. I think we have a 10% chance of getting some sprinkles out of that system. Lol... It's sure not a laughing matter for those who live there though. I have a few friends in that area. The one I stay in the closest contact with sent me a note yesterday saying it had stalled out over Galveston and they'd had only about 3" there where he lives in Houston. (I don't know which part of Houston). I'm thinking I should check with him today, since it sounds as though there have been changes.

Poirot, condolences on your friend's husband. Seems like you've been given a lot of responsibility. Shows you are a dear friend to her.

Glad to hear from you OC, and I'm thankful that you are far away for the storm. I remembered that you had the funeral sometime this week, but forgot which day.

I've been fighting sleep most of the day too, it was way to warm in the office most of the day and after donating blood and not sleeping well last night it was hard to fight the sleepiness at my desk, the heat was also making me feel dizzy. Now the air conditioning is blasting the cool air, and I feel much less dizzy and my energy is back, finally.

A few years back, Houston was having torrential rains, flooding, my daughter was driving home, her car got stuck on a flooded highway, just a mile from home. She left the car, and walked home in water above her knees. Needless to say, when these things are forecast now, she makes sure she is home already, supplied, and stays put. Hope her lst floor is o.k. (she once had water right up to the foundation, but thankfully, that was it.)

I got Goldie's doghouse clean. It was awful with all the cob webs and bugs
inside. I sprayed around the porch and inside the doghouse.

manda, I'm glad Gena's visit went well and things are working out when you
see Gena's aunt. I hope you won't be too black and blue after giving blood.

Noel, I hope you get cooler weather soon. Today is suppose to be the last
hot day here. Cooler weather when the rain comes.

Poirot, sorry to hear about your friend's husband. My phone company no longer
sends out a phone book with personal numbers. It only has businesses in the
white pages. It took me a couple of years to figure that out.

OC, I'm glad you won't get too much where you are.

It was such a lovely day here today, but for me rather hectic. Kat, glad you got ahead of the game, and got the doghouse cleaned out. Time has a way of creeping up on us all, for sure, so good for you.
So, far, Houston daughter is safe & dry, tho lots of flooding going on. It came down so hard but has lightened up a bit, however, they worry it may swing around again.
I was supposed to wash clothes today, and never got to it. Maybe I can throw one load in now. A bit late in the day, but, what the heck.

Back