9/2/21 - Donuts and a Cool Morning

redsquirrel

Reaction score
Good morning everyone. It was 55* when I left for work at 6:45. This is the first time I've had to wear a sweater since May.

Not much going on today. Once again, only the 1 caseworker and I are working. I hope he needs me to help with clients today since I'm already packed up for my schools next week. Plus August state reports / billing for all 6 counties were submitted yesterday. I wish I at least had a window to look out.

Prayers continue for all of you who need them.

Last edited:
Good morning......well, supposedly the sun rose at 6:28......I don't know where that was, as it is supposed to be here, but it is now 7:40 and the sun finally is rising a bit. Been darkish all this while. Was 51 at 6:15 a.m. , but we are to get into low 70s today.
RS ...the price of efficiency and preparedness is more time to thumb twiddle. LOLOL
Well, today will be rather full. My youngest son drove up yesterday, visited with his dad, is taking care of a few things for us, will be back today. Our friend from MN is also here, comes when caregivers leave, then leaves when next one late in afternoon. The nurse is to come this a.m. , the physical therapist this afternoon. So, will be rather hectic & tiring. The therapist constantly wants to change things around in his room, which does NOT work for him.

Poirot - I'm glad your son is able to give you assistance with some things when he is able.

Cathy - I love Montreal though I've only been there 3 times. I always made it to Toronto (4 1/2 hour trip) for the theater at least three times a year before Covid hit. Toronto is so much closer to me than New York City. I cross over on the Peace Bridge at Buffalo then drive on the QEW.

I probably should start adding F to my temps like I did when Muzzaman, from Calgary, posted in Donuts.

Well, dang!!!! I just found out I will no longer be able to watch DOOL! I've been getting it on Locast. I just got an email saying they were suspending operations immediately! [Some kind of court order] And didn't I read that NBC is no longer showing the day's episode online? So, no more options for me. Ah well, if that is the worst thing that happens to me today, I really don't have anything to complain about!

Wishing you all a very good day.

you CAN download Peacock to your computer..for free....I did, tho have not watched anything on it yet. Will do so.......then report on it. lol. I WAS waiting for the Beyond thing, but guess it would be a good idea to see if it works, etc. (some have said they then can do something to have the computer show it on their TV, but that is something else entirely for me. Ha.

Cooler is nice..... it is only 79 F (26 C) at 9am today....... we had HUGE storms all around us but we just got drizzles and wind driven drops no actual rain..... the remnants of Tropical Storm Nora should blow through today and we will have great Labor Day weather.... well it won't be in the 110 range.....
I start PT today so I took the day off I figure I won't be worth much after this.... just wish the surgery either one of them would have worked..... sigh....

I'll get the summary up after PT then I'll need to hassle the cable company..... fun things....

Have a super fantastic Thursday.....

I thought I had accessed the NBC app, but about 2 minutes into watching it, I got a message on my screen that said it was not available to me and that I should contact my provider! Grrrr. I'm using SLING. Is there some kind of battle going on between Sling and NBC and/or Peacock? A few months ago I ran into this problem with YouTubeTV. I was never able to access that service, and they keep charging me for it. Grrrr again.

Good Afternoon,
It's a beautiful day here too, currently 72*F. Today will be busy for us, with work/school all day then Girl Scouts at 6. I work 8:30 to 5 in the fall, so I'll be hustling out of the office today.

And apparently I've been busy at work too, as I've been trying to post for 2 hours. I'd respond to you all, but I'm off to a meeting now

It's a sunny day with highs close to 90F.

A busy morning at the library. I'll be studying this afternoon.

Lil0, good luck with finding Days. Do you have a separate internet provider? That might
make a difference in getting Peacock.

rs, I hope you won't be getting flooding where are. New York City got so much rain.

Poirot, I'm glad you have some extra help with your son and friend. If you have a newer
TV you have plugs in back where you can plug in a wire from the computer. You have
to hit a button on your remote to access the correct item. You should ask your son
how to do it. Do you have a DVD player? It's sort of like plugging that in.

manda, I hope Girl Scouts goes well tonight.

I hope everyone has a nice rest of the day.

We made it to 91. But since the last several days were 100+ I’m okay with that.
Yes you should be able to watch peacock from your computer without issue - If you need help, I can try to talk you through it.

Kat, my computer is over 40 ft away from my TV....in another room. No, have no DVD player.

My son will be leaving tomorrow morning.

I had to look up Locast because I'd never heard of it. Seems they messed up their non-profit status.

This is from CNET:
Locast, which started up in 2018, streams live channels free with sporadic interruptions that solicit donations; users who donate have uninterrupted streams. US copyright law has allowed certain nonprofit institutions to grab over-the-air TV signals and retransmit them to nonpaying viewers, such as a university setting up an antenna that can retransmit to students in its dorms.

But Tuesday, US District Court Judge Louis Stanton ruled in a summary judgment that Locast's fundraising from donations, and its use of some of those funds to expand into new markets, meant that it didn't meet the definition of a nonprofit that would make it exempt from copyright law.

After the order, Locast lawyer David Hosp said Wednesday in a statement that Locast "remains committed to its mission of delivering free, local broadcast TV service to all Americans."

At the time of the order, a lawyer for the networks said they would pursue a permanent injunction to halt Locast's service.

Poirot, I use my laptop when I plug it in the TV. I keep it on a folding TV table. If I lived closer
I would show you how.

Last edited:
Back