9/20/21 - Donuts and Red Sky

redsquirrel

Reaction score
Good morning everyone. Our sky is red with a few streaks of orange and purple. The smoke from the western wildfires has combined with the smoke coming from Canada to blanket the upper atmosphere. Beautiful to look at, but scary when you think about the destruction that caused it. At least the smoke is high enough that we aren't under a poor air quality alert.

I finally get an office day today (today's school scheduled an in-service day so teachers can prep for virtual teaching in case of a COVID shut down) , but the craziness resumes tomorrow. I'm all caught up with reports and referrals so not much to do except prep for the rest of the week. I'm thankful for this easy day because I went all out this weekend. Helped Cindy plus started winterizing my house.

Kris - I'm so sorry that Siege is sick with COVID-19. Schools are horrible sickness incubators. So many parents send their sick kids to school instead of keeping them home.

Poirot - prayers continue. Hospice is a God send. Hopefully your husband will begin to cooperate for his own comfort and your peace of mind.

Sending prayers that everyone has a safe day.

Squirel, I'm glad the smoke is high enough to not ruin your air quality. It does make for pretty sunsets. Also glad you have a day to stay in the office.

Wondering how Siege is doing today.

I went out before breakfast and finished up with my puzzle board. This is probably the last real summer day of this year. It's supposed to reach 104* today, then will be in the 80s. Not that I'm sad to see the triple digits go but I will miss the summer mornings, when it's dry, no flying bugs, and no wind. I think after today we'll have few days without wind. So I figured I'd better get done with the painting and also I washed down the guest house porch with the water hose. It was a mess with pea gravel (that stuff is a nightmare, I don't know why it is so popular) and mesquite leaves. Mesquite leaves are so thin and narrow (similar to willow leaves) you can't rake them and in the grass they're not a problem. They blend in and disappear after a while. But they pile up on decks, porches, etc., and they get all mixed in with the pea gravel, for which I still have no solution.

I went to town this morning. I got everything done, but getting package off to Amazon.
UPS computer down. I found out when I went to Kohl's you can't use the same return
scan. Oh well. I didn't feel like going to the other UPS store since it started getting hot.

Today's high will be in the 90s with humidity. Rain tomorrow. Then I'll have a few cool
days and nights until later in the week.

Poirot, I hope hospice is coming today to help out.

rs, I'm glad you're having an easy day after your busy weekend.

Kris, I hope Siege is still doing well and no one else is sick at home.

OC, good luck getting your painting done today.

I hope everyone has a nice day.

Thank you all. Siege’s fever broke overnight and seems to be staying away for now. Her chief complaint is just the sore throat so more popsicles have been ordered (grocery pick up). Other than that she seems to be doing okay as far as symptoms go.

The other girls and Jay and I all still have no symptoms or issues, so isolation appears to be working. The puppy has been staying with her so she’s not completely alone.

RS hope the day goes well.

OC good luck with the painting.

Glad you got what you could get done Kat.

Kris, I'm so happy to hear Siege's fever broke! Also that nobody else is sick so far. My daughter's husband was right there in the house with her and their daughter during their Covid and he never caught it. I don't even think they kept themselves isolated from him. My grandson didn't catch it either, though I have my doubts about that. He was coughing for two weeks during the time my daughter and granddaughter had Covid. He didn't get tested early on but was tested several days into it and it came out negative but from what I've read, you can get a negative result toward the end. This virus is so strange in so many ways, it's hard to be sure of anything.

Was all bright and sunshiny this a.m. early, but it left, got cloudy & grey. A bit ago,got very dark, windy, thought for sure it would mean rain........and within 2 minutes that cleared off, got light & now the sun is out. Weird.
Hospice doesn't come every day, but a hospice social worker is coming this afternoons....no idea why, they sure have a lot of different people. I am learning as each day arrives.
Am so glad Siege's fever broke, & everyone else seems to be o.k.
RS, know you are enjoying an "easy" day after all the turmoil. Winterizing already? I am getting out the turtleneck long sleeves, & putting away a few light shirts, & slacks, that is about it, so far. LOL
Hope everyone just takes care, stays well. A lot more mask wearers in church yesterday, but at the store, just too many without.

Good Afternoon Everyone,
It appears a lot happened since Friday and I need to catch up. Very dark and cloudy here, but so far no rain. I started my day at the dentist, I apparently have a filling that cracked, no idea how and it now needs to be replaced, so I get to go back on Thursday for the filling. I'm shocked they were able to get me in so fast. I was really just pleased that they had raspberry flavored tooth polish today, I've never been a fan of the mint, so raspberry was a great treat.

Poirot - I hope things go well with the social worker this afternoon. My church requires masks for everyone over the age of 2.
RS - I bet the morning sky was just gorgeous, but you're right, the reason why is just tragic. Enjoy your quiet day in the office.
Kris - Glad to hear that Siege is starting to recover, how scary for you.
OC - I bet you're going to love your puzzle board, what a great idea.
Kat - I hope you're able to get the package shipped out soon.

Have a wonderful afternoon my friends!

Pouring rain, began around 5:30 p.m. with a tornado warning, along with the severe thunderstorm warnings, etc. I can hear the thunder still, but so far, the tornado & really heavy winds are just north of here. We were pretty windy, currently, that died down. The skies were really ominous looking, gotta say. Don't think this stuff will travel down Manda's way. The rain itself is welcome. The hospice social worker came, spent a lot of time talking to hubby. She will not be coming but maybe once a month, will be calling. A nurse will come once a week. An aide is coming tomorrow, no idea what that entails. All I know is I can hardly go out, with all these comings and goings. I really miss having lunch with friends, going more or less "browsing" in a mall, heck, even the grocery store or WalMart. I need shoes so badly, & hate shopping for them online. (no shoe store in our tiny town).

That constant coming and going is so disruptive, Poirot. You never know who will be coming or when. I hope the tornadoes stayed away from you.

It was in the low 100s* here today with a fairly stiff south breeze. It felt suffocating outside so I stayed in, and had to put on long sleeves and knee socks because I was cold. The hotter it gets outside, the colder it gets inside my house, and get this--I've had my thermostat set on 79* for weeks or months now!

I finally broke down and gave myself a haircut. It was getting way down my neck so I cut off a good bit.

Glad you made it back without events, Robin! Get some rest!

Back