9/23/19 - Donuts and Autumn

Good morning, friends and so much to get caught up on. I've seen a few things with Manda that I hope got resolved or is in the process of being resolved. I read that many of you were pretty excited about Downton Abby being released over the weekend. I hope you all enjoyed that.

Life has been a mixed bag this last little while. I returned to work on September 9, 2019 after being on vacation for a few weeks, had a short call with my regional director about the allegations against me, told her I would not be turning to her for any support whatsoever as I do not know where she stands in this whole mess and that it was to be confidential. Every person she spoke with in our office that had allegations against them, she has been met with some pretty cold responses due to her lack of standing up for employees that have proven themselves and that we just do not trust her. I was having trouble focusing, found myself getting very agitated and anxious, spoke to my manager and told him I was going to see my doctor and that I would be requesting a note for the next two days as I was going to be on vacation again from September 12 to 16th. My doctor gave me a note excusing me from work for two weeks, I was to respond to the allegations, see a counsellor and see him again, which I did all that. I came into the office last week Tuesday and responded to the allegations. I was very calm, rational, logical and felt it went well. I felt heard and after he stopped recording, he told me that others confirmed and validated the same things I said.

What is so dumb about this all, is in the end, there are no repercussions IF there has been a determination of workplace violence and except for a seminar and I asked what are the consequences to her if a determination has been found that that there is no validity to her allegations of harassment harassment. WOW!!! Guess what?!? there are NO consequences to her making these allegations even if it's been determined there are lies or a move to deceive, because........wait for it...............SHE believes these things. So basically, she can say whatever she wants made up or not and because SHE believes them, no action can be brought against her. Such a waste of everyone's time, unnecessary stress. So I guess we wait until the report comes out and go from there.

After I responded to the allegations, our friend's father contacted us from Montreal and asked us to check on his son, who is one of our best friends. He hadn't been in a good place as of late so I went over and spent the afternoon with him, brought him back to our place where Mike hung out with him. He was close to attempting suicide so we've been in contact with him everyday, made sure he had groceries, and just trying to be there for him and give his parents some peace of mind. We were able to get him to contact the Distress Centre to talk to someone if he needs to and for resources for counselling.

So it really hasn't been the most relaxing stress free time off that it was supposed to be. Add into a little riff with my mother who insists on calling Mike and I on the anniversary of the day we were attacked every year despite our requests that while we appreciate her love and support she may want to talk to someone about this because she keeps the newspaper article of the attack and she has it marked on her calendar. As indirect words regarding our displeasure that she has not been able to let this go, my words a little more direct this time and ended up apologizing for my outburst but that I still felt the same way.

Now I'm back to work and feeling kind of blah. It was not all negative though. We had a great camping trip with our friend from the Netherlands, Mike and I saw the play Noise Off which was my birthday gift to him, then on Saturday we went out to my cousins' ranch for a pig roast party. There were musicians, skeet shooting going on , games on the lawn, horse rides. Was a really nice night. And now we are planning our Halloween party which is a nice distraction.

Hope you're all doing well, have a good day and I'll need to spend some time getting caught up on all of you.

Oh, my gosh, Muzza, you have been through the ringer and back through it again. Bravo to you for holding up, despite all the stress. Am glad you sought help when you needed it. And then, for your good friend who absolutely needs a friend now. God Bless you, Muzza...& Mike, too. Am hoping things calm way down at work, am sure the report will state the entire thing is dismissed. Am so sorry you had to go thru all this, so unnecessary.
Am praying that your friend will get the help he needs to pull out of his deep blue funk, you really were there for him, will be praying for him, and you all.

:hug:Muzz:hug: I hate it when I hear of people abusing a system.... I had a co-worker go through something similar and she was let go.... her accuser was promoted into her job and rewarded.... he accused her of "raping" him..... but couldn't remember the exact date or time so she must have drugged him.... it was just so unfair..... as it never happened....

Woke to alarms warning of "dangerous flooding" which is a danger, just not in my area.... I also know that I don't have to have rain falling in my area to experience a flood....but like Noel this 70% chance of wide spread rain in the valley has missed my section of the world.....

Happy Monday...

Our weatherman last night talked of another storm that was to affect mostly AZ, but these storms do change directions unexpectedly, don't they?

Hey Noel, if you play the song, a whole series of Autumn pics for your pleasure. :)

It was foggy this here this morning too. I'm disappointed Goldie and I will probably
not see deer when we go walking. I lost the phone number of the man who owns
the field so he can cut the grass. I've looked everywhere.

Rain came during the night, but not very much. Today is too humid to work outside.
Maybe I can get out later in the week.

I picked that video because it had pictures of fall.

Muzzaman, sorry to hear the situation at work is still a problem. I hope they fire her if
she's still working there. Sorry to hear about your friend. It's good you and Mike are
good friends to him.I hope this week will be a better one for you.

robin and Noel, I thought for sure you would get rain today. Maybe you'll still get some.

Poirot, good luck working on your paperwork.

rk, I hope your doctor visit goes well.

Wishing everyone a good day to start the week.

Good Morning Everyone,
The weather is cooling down again this week, today's highs will only be in the lower to mid 70's. Fundraising is underway for Girl Scouts, while I love having the funds for the troop, it's exhausting work for the leader. I really hope I can find a parent that will take cookies in the spring.
Today I have an appointment with the original police department that started working my case in April, they are working with the DA and the police department I work with now that I've moved (we moved to a town that for all intents and purposes should be part of the city but isn't), to bring up additional charges of stalking, so that's a "fun" new twist in things, at least I know they are looking at my file and working on the case.

Muzz - Sending love and cyber hugs, you and Mike have been through so much and still take the time to love and support others even while dealing with your own pile of garbage. You are both amazing people.
Kat - great video, I could only watch at work, as I have to mute my computer, but I'll try to remember to listen later.
RK - I hope everything goes well at your appointment today.
Poirot - hope the bookwork goes smoothly today
Robin & Noel - hoping you both get the rain and cooler temperatures you need.
Noel - when I first read your temperature I thought you had -80* and had to look again. :rotfl:

Wishing all a day full of blessings.

Hi everyone.

Like most of you, I feel like life has me in a strangle hold right now. Working 5 long days is getting me down especially when the new boss keeps trying to dump Saturdays and Sundays on me. Nope, I refused.

I finally shortened and hung 3 new pairs of heavy thermal drapes yesterday. I got them at Aldi for $9.99 a panel. (The same ones were $49.99 each panel at Walmart, and $69.99 each panel at Target.) They only had them in 84" length, and mine had to be a maximum of 63" because I hate to have curtains hanging in front of electrical outlets. I ended up making them 61", and they look beautiful.The old thermals that went in my bedroom were a dark burgundy, and the hall ones were gold. These are white, and they'll really brighten up my small house this winter.

Muzza - I'm so sorry that you and your co-workers are going through this mess. I can't believe that the girl will receive no punishment for filing false allegations. There should be some way that she should have to compensate all of you for the duress and the upheavals to your lives. If I had to guess, I'd say she's a "snowflake" between the ages of 18 and 29, and probably never had to do any real work in her life. I feel that someone who files false charges should be punished just as those are who actually commit harassment.
My apologies to all of our Donuts friends who are in that age group.

Amanda - The more the police and DA can get him for, the better! He knows he's going against the judge's orders and the PFA, and he doesn't care.

Poirot - Prayers are going up for the gentleman from your church. His guardian angel was surely watching over him to have so many EMTs at Mass that morning.

Noel and robinsnest - I wish I could share my rain with both of you.

kat - thank you for the wonderful autumn photos and music. I have a bad feeling that most of our leaves will be going from green straight to brown and down this year. I've already had leaves mulched 3 times.

rk - Good luck at your appointment.

Good afternoon. Well, Muzz, it really stinks that you and others have been put through that, and the perpetrator gets to walk away. I'm afraid there has been a shift in society toward this kind of behavior. We've been seeing more and more of it played out at a national level here and that's all I"ll say about it because I get worked up just thinking about it. I hope your life will settle down soon.

Squirrel, kudos on the drapes. The white sounds uplifting for winter. I'm glad you didn't give in to working weekends. People always take advantage of those who will keep taking on more and more. It's a shame if your leaves skip the bright colors this year. I remember how gorgeous fall colors were when I was in PA. I'd never seen anything like it in my part of Texas, where it mostly goes from green to brown, then bare.

Noel and Robin, if you don't get any rain, I hope you don't get the flooding. Best case would be rain with no flooding! It's nice you're getting a bit of a cool down though.

Manda, I hope the appointment went well today. It leaves everyone at a loss when someone is menacing and the authorities are limited in what they can do about it. But it sounds like your contacts are doing the best they can and are maybe giving more attention to your situation than a lot of places do.

Kat, the song and the pictures were beautiful. I'm a big fan of Nat King Cole so I couldn't resist watching/listening. Maybe you will still come across the man's phone number. That happens to me sometimes when I've given up looking and least expect to find something.

Rk, I hope you didn't have any trouble getting your medication renewed.

Poirot, If I'd do my business paperwork quarterly it would make things a lot easier at tax time but I always wait and do it all at once. Good for you! I hope you are glad to get some warmer days. Seems we can't quit having them here but I'm in no hurry for cold.

I feel bogged down. I can't seem to get anything done. I just putter around and accomplish so little. I cooked some kielbasa and cabbage for my lunch today. Then I had to simmer some peppermint extract in water to get the smell out of the house.

Back