9/23/19 - Donuts and Autumn

well today has been a bunch of fun!!! we had schools on lockdown due to a Tornado warning in Cave Creek....!!!! We have a wonderful thunderstorm going on right now with rain...... lots and lots of rain currently.... we've had off and on downpours all day..... for 3-10 minutes.....

Manda.... stalking... how fun..... not!!!

OC:. I hope your get-up-&-went comes back home to you soon in renewed energy.

Thanks for making me smile, Noel. One of my daddy's favorite sayings was that his get up and go got up and went. Yesterday would have been his 104th birthday. Hey are you getting rain too?

Robin, yea for the rain! Not good for the tornado warning and lock down but I guess everyone was safe?

Yay for the rain! Glad those of you who need it are finally getting some!

I rescued a little finch the cat brought in! I wasn't at all sure he was going to live. He is now alert and eating, but his few attempts at flight have failed. I don't know if a wing is broken or he has some other injury that keeps him from flying. If he makes it through the night in his little box I will see if I can find a cage for him tomorrow and hope that with food, water, rest, and a warm, safe environment he will eventually heal.

Noel and robin, I'm glad you got some rain.

Lil0, good luck with the bird.

Lilo sounds like a good plan. If you unfold each wing you can see if one is broken. Hope he survives.

Oh I know Kat. These are not real tornados as in the Midwest or south. When local stations imported westerners for weather gurus they came up with this term. Before then they were called water devils...like dust devils in summertime.

This what 15 minutes of rain does in a desert city!

robin, that's an interesting video. Have they gotten many tornadoes in the area before?

Noel, it's too bad you didn't get a nice, slow rain to soak in the ground.

Noel, the first thing my brother pointed out to me when he moved to the California desert was no storm drains. We're so use to snow melt and rain run off soaking in or going into streams here, and don't realize that all of that water out your way has no where to go with the baked ground, pavement, and no drains.

robin, that's an interesting video. Have they gotten many tornadoes in the area before?

according to the weather guys we get about 4 tornadoes in AZ a year.... there was another one reported but not captured on film but the "Official Government Weather Guessers" confirmed it....

Back