9-26-19 - Donuts and Weird Weather

Hi again!

We are planning a trip to Fort Worth. We will be going to Billy Bobs to see the Bacon Bros. I don't really listen to their music but when we were planning out trip, I saw they would be there so said what the heck. I get to see Kevin Bacon up close and personal. 1 degree to Kevin Bacon, well, if I get to meet him that is.

Anyway, just wondering if any of our Texans (or non Texans that visit Fort Worth) have any suggestions on places to eat there. I love to go to local places, instead of chain restaurants, when I visit other cities.

LOL, been to Ft. Worth, and to Billy Bob's..........but am darned if I remember places we ate. Don't know if they are still there, but LOVED the cobblestone streets in one section of town.

Bet OC will be helpful with info...........

Poirot, that was probably the Stockyard area. I have lived in Texas 99.999% of my life (lived in OK for about 6 months when I was really little) and I have never been to the Stockyards but it is what put Fort Worth on the map.

Could be, I thought perhaps it was near the downtown area........Sundance Square?? Been a while, but I just loved that they kept those cobblestones....maybe they were paved over now?? LOL

Jammers, I've been wanting to go to The Stockyards for decades. My son lived near there before they went on the road with their RV. He did a lot of computer work for some of the businesses there. I asked him to take me sightseeing there sometime but it just never worked out. I only remember going there with my grandfather when I was young and it really was the stockyards!

My daughter is more up-to-date on eating places in the metroplex than I am. She's into that kind of thing so I asked her to name some good places that aren't chains. She gave a quick response of Woodshed Smokehouse and Joe T. Garcia's and said she'd try to think of some others.

Got some more info for you, Jammers. The Cattleman in the Stockyards, for steaks. Kincaid's on Camp Bowie Blvd. for burgers. Lots of new, unique places around West 7th St., just west of downtown. Check out The Shops at Clear Fork. It's a new shopping center in the style of apartments on top and businesses on bottom. Neiman Marcus has moved over there, and there are lots of nice shops and restaurants there. She said, probably too much information. But I'm thinking the more options, the better. I hope you have a good time. I love Fort Worth but haven't had a chance to do anything there in a long time.

Poirot...if I see the cobblestones I will be sure to take pictures and report back :)
OC....thank you! Yes, the more options the better. My hubby is not a step outside of the box person, so a place has to be recommended to him before he will try it. Unless it is Mexican food...that he will eat just about anywhere.

Back