9/27/22 Donuts and where is everyone?

katmouse

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Busy day for me. It was in the 40s when I walked. I decided to stay this morning since it was so cool.
I got the summary done and did studies. I posted after lunch so no one will expect it early next time.
After posting the summary, I worked outside. It got warmer than expected with the sun out, I'll go out
tomorrow before lunch and do more yardwork.

Prayers for Cookies Mom and others in the path of the hurricane.

I hope everyone is doing well.

Echo Kat's thoughts and prayers for all being affected by the hurricane. Be safe.

Nice day in NY. In the 60s and sunny/breezy. We will get showers Saturday - Tuesday, remnants of the hurricane, per the weather forecasters.

Wishing everyone a peaceful rest of your Tuesday.

1664309348369.png

Very tired, woke at 4:30, unable to get back to sleep, tho tried very hard. My son came by, lol, finally been up here duck hunting since Friday, he was supposed to go home today, but being he came into town, did a few errands, was 3:30 when he left here, had to come back, as he forgot his pkg. he had delivered here. (a warm vest for his Golden, to keep him warm when he jumps into the lake to retrieve the ducks shot down. Sigghhh. Anyway, he went to WalMart before that, and was going to stop and see his brother before going back to the cottage, and so am guessing he won't be leaving for home til tomorrow a.m. The couple next to me (this is a 2 apt. condo bldg.) sold their condo, and left today for their now permanent place in AZ. Supposedly, the buyers were to move in today, but haven's seen anyone so far. I know I will fall asleep early and be on the wake too early routine. Ugh.

Afternoon..... Well Poirot you neighbors will be arriving during our beautiful time.... it's in the low 100's.... overnights are getting closer to the 70's... that's exciting...means we can use the whole house fan once it gets to 75 as an overnight low....
HB saw the dermatologist this morning for the first time in his life.... had a biopsy on something and lots of things frozen on his body..... we have to get some special soap for him, I've never heard of it so I went online and there are at least a dozen soaps, sports, body, hands, hair etc, which one of these special soaps I to get? and they are pricey at $36. for 8 ounces and of course Walmart, Target, Costco, Walgreens, CVS don't carry it so we are getting it from Amazon and it won't be here for 3 days. He has surgery planned for later in the month. And additional surgery should the biopsy come back weird.
His home visit with a nurse planned for yesterday fell through and the nurse never called.... that was annoying....

Need to get some things done as he can't go out in the sun for the next 48 hours....

Prayers for those in Florida stay safe, heed warnings.....

High today was 50! Freeze warning tonite.
Said prayers today for Cookie's mom, and all friends in FL. God Bless.

I got a haircut today, then ate at a BBQ place, then went through the carwash, stopped at Walmart for a few things, and finally, went to the appliance shop that's going to send someone out to check my refrigerator--on Oct. 6. I wanted to look over some new ones, in case mine can't be fixed. I'm so hoping it can be fixed. To get one like the one I've got would be expensive. Now I'm sitting here trying to stay awake , too tired to get up and do anything but I must. After I got home I found out my niece had come over while I was gone, and hauled off my trash for me. What a nice surprise! My home "dumpster" was full.

Robin, I'm so sorry HB has a lot of things going on that need attention. It keeps both of you occupied. Hoping the biopsy isn't weird.

Poirot, does your son eat the ducks he shoots? I don't know if anybody around here hunts or eats duck. Nobody I know but there could be others that do. I hope you get some good new neighbors.

Wilde Woman, I'm pretty sure you've enjoyed your nice weather today.

Kat, thanks for starting the thread. I can hardly imagine having 40* mornings already! Brrr.

Looks like Florida is going to be hit hard. Thinking of COOKIES MOM and hoping their hotel is well protected. Wishing the best for all who are in Florida and up the coast or wherever it goes.

robin, sorry to hear about HB. I hope things go well with him.

Poirot, I'm glad your son came to visit.

Wilde Woman, enjoy your cooler weather.

OC, you had a busy day away from home. I'm glad you have another refrigerator to use while you wait
for someone to come.

@O.C. oh, yes, he eats the ducks, in fact he posted a pic of "duck kabobs" he made yesterday for his dinner. Yep, Roast duck, fried duck, etc. etc. Same for deer if he gets one.

let me comment about frig......when I moved here, wasn't long before I opened the frig one day to find things cool, but not cold. I could tell the frig was not working at all. Luckily, when I went out to buy another, the store was able to deliver same day. I had to take everything out of the frig, put in bags on patio, lucky in was rather cold at the time.
When I married, that frig we bought back then lasted over 40 years! Now frigs barely last 15-20
Had to buy a new one for my one son, as well, when his, even younger frig, died. Just a year later. Usually the freon goes, there is no replacing it, thus......new frig. !!!

That's what I'm afraid of, Poirot. I had a similar experience. When I got married in PA, he already had a refrigerator. Three years later it came to Texas with us and kept going for about 30 years. I can't even remember if it ever stopped or if I just wanted to get rid of that one, as I never cared for the yellow-gold color from the earlier era. But we got a new one. It lasted only a few years, then we got this one. I can't remember how many years ago but I'm guessing maybe 15.

Duck kabobs! :rotfl: But seriously, good for him. He'll be a good survivor if things ever come to that. I always say I want to stay friends with my hunters. They'll know how to get food and process it if there's no place else to get it.

Back