9/28/2021 - Donuts and Cassoulet for dinner

robinsnest

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Up early frying bacon (not normally in this house YUM) for the grease to brown the sausage and chicken for a slow cook of tonight's dinner.......
HB's van is in the shop again......same problem as last time.... maybe this time they will figure out what's wrong.....

PT soon followed by the long delayed trip to storage for the Halloween box.....

Happy Tuesday to all...

Good Morning,
It's a beautiful day here with a current temperature outside of 61*. Nothing to do training wise today, so I'm filling time with working on the same thing I've done for the last 6.5 years.

Robin - I've never had Cassoulet, but it sounds amazing. I hope they can get HB's truck fixed correctly and the PT isn't too painful today for you.

Wishing you all a terrific day!

Manda my mom used to make the dish in her orange Le Creuset.... simmer it all day.... use real beans so those had to be prepared the day before... I use canned white beans, canned diced tomatoes and a crock pot..... it is a a great dish for a cold night..... alas tonight won't be a cold night but it will still be good......

Another pretty day here. I'll probably have to turn on the A/C again. Third time this week.

I stayed at the library long enough this morning to put books on the shelves. I wanted to get
home and work outside since they keep changing when the Wed rain is coming. I'll stay longer
at the library on Thurs my regular day.

Someone at the library needs to get a game plan going with all the new books coming in. A woman
donated a lot of books and there isn't any room on the shelves,. They weeded books out last year,
but the adult fiction section doesn't have a lot of room. Maybe before the books get back labeled the
head librarian will realize the books on the shelves will have to be weeded again.

robin, your dinner sounds yummy. I hope PT wasn't too bad today.

manda, I hope your the rest of your day goes well.

Wishing everyone a good afternoon and evening.

Hello. Robin your dish sounds good. I never heard of many of the things you people cook. My family's food was extremely plain--lots of home-grown beef, vegetables from the garden (greens were frequently served, (collards, mustard, turnip). Southern foods but for some reason my mother almost never made casseroles, just meat, potatoes, vegetables and salad, beans, cornbread, etc.

Manda, enjoy your nice temperature and a laid back day at work.

Spent all morning messing with the cows again. I'll spare you the details. We didn't find the heifer that got across the fence the other day and we didn't see my bull anywhere but we tried and we did move the other heifers.

Good thing I gave myself a haircut last week. With all this going out in the weeds I'm having to take frequent showers so I don't need any long hair to complicate things . Allergies are horrible! It will get to 93* again today but by 5:00 pm we could have some thunderstorms. Hoping for rain.

Time for me to eat some leftovers.

Hi, Kat. I just saw you stopped in. Have a good afternoon!

Hi everybody. This has been a day from you know where, but at least I'll get to go home on time.

So happy that I dodged a bullet... received a text from the preschool nurse that one of tomorrow's schools is closed. It is inside an elementary school that has a high number of teachers and kids out so the preschool had to also close. Thank goodness! That's a big germ incubator that I can avoid. The second elementary school (in another town) is still open, but at least their number of infected is the lowest in the county.

robinsnest - your dinner sounds yummy.

Amanda - you deserve an easy day at work.

kat - hope you didn't over do it working in your yard today.

OC - I'm feeling tired just thinking of you out there working with your cattle.

Gotta say, that dinner sounds scrumptious, Robin. Especially to someone who is definitely not eating right of late. A longtime friend of our dropped in for a while, and we are going to lunch tomorrow, so that will really be nice.
Agree that O.C.'s day made me tired just reading it. Am happy RS you were able to escape the germ field, that is a blessing, for sure.
Kat, you'd have a field day in the little garden patch out back. LOL
Mandy, honestly, I miss the days when I do something nice, simple, with my kids. Enjoy, my friend.
And then.......well, got a very short, quick call from my daughter, who had a phone message from her dad saying he did not know what was going on, they tell him he is in a hospital in Duluth, doesn't know how he got there or why, wants to get out. I am shortening all this, as.......she called him this a.m., he doubted she was Karen, asked her all kinds of questions about her siblings, (names, where they lived, her mom's name, etc.) then said he did not believe she was who she said she was, so won't talk to her. She called the nurse, and the doctor...learned he had been given Oxycontin during the night, (despite only supposed to be on Tylenol) for the pain, had not eaten during the day today, so it was not wearing off as it ordinarily would. Doc said there was food ordered, as hubby was hungry, so it will be a while longer before he is back to normal. Unreal!
My knee has been acting up today, after being so much better the last two days, back on the Tylenol myself.
And then, my son, in Assisted Living.....the place is on lockdown as someone tested positive for Covid. They did not say resident or staff member, but......all are wearing double masks, now. and no visitors. So much good news today for me, huh? LOL Take good care, my friends.

Poirot, I hope your husband feels better after the medicine wear off. Enjoy your lunch tomorrow.

rs, I'm glad you could the school and get home on time tonight.

OC, I hope you get rai to help with your allergies.

Poirot, my stomach was in knots just reading about what's going on with your husband, and your son too. I can't even imagine all this going on in a time when families can't even be there for their loved ones in person. The lunch out with your friend tomorrow will be a welcome diversion for you. It doesn't do anybody any good for you to stay at home alone with all this on your mind. Bless you.

Squirrel, you are such a brave person, to have kept doing your job throughout this pandemic, when you have so many health issues to deal with yourself. I'm glad you got a break today.

Well, I was tired from the past few days indeed. After lunch I lay down and slept very hard for 1 1/2 hr., then lay there for another half hour and dozed. A good time to sleep. It has been raining off and on for most of the afternoon, sometimes pouring hard, lots of lightning, thunder and a tiny bit of hail. After I woke up and realized it was hailing a little bit I felt I had to try to do something about my niece's car, which she had left here this morning. She went home in my old clunker truck to use it for some chores that were best suited to it. (Her truck has been in the shop for a while. It is taking forever to get anything worked on or any kind of jobs done these days). She had intended to come back and get her car. We didn't know it would rain so soon or so much. We've already had over 2 inches of rain so no telling when she can get out. Her car is pretty new (to her), a nice SUV in excellent condition. She doesn't need it to get hailed on! So I went out in the rain and was able to pull the front part of it (enough maybe to protect the windshield) up behind my car under my small shed/carport, after pulling my car forward as far as it would go. I've never owned an umbrella in my life. I don't know how much it would have helped in that downpour. Lol.

Back