9-3-16 - Donuts and birthday cake

katmouse

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Happy Birthday to DaysD.

I hope you have a wonderful birthday weekend on the beach.

beach-birthday-cake-21240960.jpg

Oh wow, look at all those spectacular cakes! Degrassi, I'm adding my wishes for a very happy birthday. Watch out for those riptides!

Wondering if Rocky felt the earthquake that was centered in Oklahoma this morning. I was still in bed but was already awake. Felt it well enough to be pretty sure what it was, and figured it was in OK but didn't know for sure until I got up and checked.

My area felt the quake too. First one for me. I just got back walking the dog.
I was in my kitchen and the cabinets started rattling. Then it started slowing
down. I was afraid something inside them. Later, my legs started hurting.
What a way to start the day.

robin, I love the cake

Oh wow, Kat, I think the quake must have been a lot stronger in your area than here. It was very gentle here. If i hadn't been lying still in bed, I might not have felt it. This was the second time for me. I felt another one that was centered in Oklahoma a few years ago. We also felt/heard when the space ship blew up over Texas some years ago. I forget the name of it now but it was tragic. Some debris was found not too far from here, although most was a good bit further, in east Texas.

You mean the Challenger? Wasn't that the name of it? Oh, wow, that had to be really something else. Did NASA come for the debris?

Weird how the earthquake faults are situated. This travels from Oklahoma to Northern Texas, and then over to Arkansas. Wow.

Thanks everyone! Love those delicious-looking cakes!!!

The weather is gorgeous here--upper 70sF and breezy, though some dark clouds are headed this way. My mom made breakfast this morning before we went for a walk at Valley Forge, and then we got sushi for lunch. We also stopped by the liquor store (LOL!) to have some drinks with our BBQ dinner. We leave for AC tomorrow morning.

I keep hearing about all these earthquakes. That tragedy in Italy a week or so ago, then the one in New Zealand, and now this?! I sure hope everyone's alright.

Have a nice day, all.

Oh great, another reason to attack our oil industry! Thanks for posting the article link anyway, Kat.

Poirot, yes, I think it was the Challenger that crashed. I don't know who was in charge of picking up the pieces out this way. It wasn't on our property or anything. Maybe 30-40 miles from us, so I didn't see any of it. My son worked for a while with the cleanup crews in east Texas, where most of the debris was located. I've seen a "thank you" plaque in his house and I believe it says NASA on it.

Degrassi, I'm glad your family is having a good time. Where is AC?

I hope Noel is enjoying her getaway. I see she has checked in.

Happy birthday, DaysD. If Katmouse's fine cake showed our local beaches it would have the flag below flying there. Our local weather hyenas are making the most of their opportunity to wax hyperbolic over a tropical storm. Right now, it's supposed to stay about 200 miles offshore. Hopefully, that forecast holds up.

hurricane%20flag%20vid%20prev.png

Back