9/3/19 - Donuts and Buffet Breakie

M

Muzzaman

Good morning, all. Got some catching up to do on here and on Days. I've read a few threads and hope that OC found her cattle, that there were no flash floods for RS, and I'll need to go back and see what you've all been up to.

Mike and I had a great week off. We started it out by going to the Calgary Theatre awards, where we were nominated for best cast. We didn't win but was a fun night regardless. The next day we went camping for Mikes bday and were lucky enough to get a spot right on the lake surrounded by mountains. We stayed til Wednesday then came home. As we were leaving the campground I said we didn't see that grizzly and her two cubs we heard were hanging around, turned the corner and there they were on the side of the road. So cool.

We were home for two days and went out camping again for the long weekend. I was supposed to be back at work today but I ended up taking the week off and using up most of my vacation leave because I am currently on the production set of a tv series that is being produced by CBC, Canadian Broadcasting Corporation called Fortunate Sons. It takes place in and around 1968 and is about draft Dodgers that came to Canada. My 1968 Thunderbird is being used in the series. I just had breakfast and am waiting for my call.

Hoping everyone is well and will chat soon.

Oh, my gosh, I was coming to start the thread, and intended to mention how much we missed you, but knew you had to be enjoying the week. And how exciting for you, it continues! Am glad you were in your vehicle when seeing the grizzly! LOL at your car being a TV star. :) Am glad you had such a good time, and continue to do so.
Also have been missing DaysDG....remembered he was going to live in Israel, & he said he would not have access here. Today is his birthday, so trust he is enjoying himself as well.

Had a jim dandy storm last night, all the thunder, lightning, rain that goes along with it, and some high winds as there are leaves scattered all over from what tree, don't know. Must have rained off and on during night, as puddles all over, dark skies prevail. Off for some breakfast, and then bookwork.
Hope all have a lovely day.........

Another scorcher projected today but just below 110F. The next 2 weeks are forecast at that level. Where is Autumn?! is my heart cry. So grateful we had a cool weekend up north because my soul needed the refreshing change!

Muzza: glad you've had such a great time. Good luck with the tv production!

Poirot: hope your bookwork goes smoothly, and all storms pass by your area.

Days: internet access works is Israel so just want you to know we miss you and wish you an awesome birthday!!

Happy-birthday-pictures-2.jpg

Good morning.
Mornings are certainly noticeably darker as we head toward autumn.
Muzz ~ glad you had such a fun camping trip. How fun to be involved with the CBC production. I wonder if we will be able to see it down here. Keep us posted.
Poirot ~ enjoy that breakfast, and don't let the bookwork wear you down. :)
Happy Tuesday to all.

good morning everyone.... Muzz I am glad you had a good vacation and this week of vacation sound amazing too.......
While out yesterday I did purchase another one of Rob's creations.....
tiny oz.jpg

It's a different view of Dorothy and friends......
My son and family were able to get moved with a small problem... the Gas won't be turned on today so he will walk back to his old place shower the walk back to his car and head to work....

Happy Tuesday

Oh, Robin, my godchild is so "Wizard of Oz"....I gave her a pic once of the 4 of them walking the yellow brick road........she was thrilled. That piece you bought is very unusual. Do you collect Oz things? Hope the gas in your son's place is turned on today!
Still dark & dreary, very windy. Gonna be in 60s all week. Something tells me Fall is arriving here. LOL.
Some time today, I will have to dash out to the store as well. Too many errands are piling up. In addition to the bookwork.

Another nice morning for walking. I went out after breakfast and did more yard work.
I used trimmer and pulled out more weeds in ditch. It's going to take longer than I thought
to get them all out. I don't like using weed killer since it's bad for the environment.

So Muzzaman, your car is in the show and not you? Will it be signing autographs :)
Did you get a picture of the bear and the cubs?

robin, beautiful scripture. I like how lion is hiding.

rk, enjoy your craft project

DaysD, happy birthday and I hope your day is a good one.

Wishing everyone a nice day.

Good Late Morning Everyone,
Busy day here with it being the first day of school, I feel like I blinked and the morning is almost gone. We had Poirot's storms roll in around 2 this morning, thankfully the thunder woke me up, so I could scurry around and close the windows.
Here's Gena's 1st day for 4th grade picture
upload_2019-9-3_11-0-15.png

Muzz - sounds like a fun time, and exciting that your car will be famous.
RK - happy crafting.
Noel - I wish you could really have autumn.
Kat - Dawn dish detergent will help kill the weeds and it's much safer than poisons.
Robin - That's a really cool art piece
Lil0 - I've noticed the darkness in the mornings too, and it's darker earlier every day.
DaysDG - if you manage to stop by, I hope you have a wonderful birthday and that Israel has been good to you. We miss you around here.

Happy Tuesday!!

Muzz, your mention of the old-time draft dodgers reminded me that about road trips back then that involved reentering the U.S. from Canada. The customs officials would often ask to see my draft card.

Yesterday's thunderstorms missed our area. The only sign of them came late at night in the form of a few flashes of lightning out over Chesapeake Bay and the Eastern Shore. Today, it's more heat and humidity, although the weather hyenas (Washington, DC, TV weather people love to report on thunderstorms) promise more comfortable temps tomorrow.

On the subject of critters, if the beagle gets a chance to bark at deer, it's on her walks. Yesterday afternoon, the deer came to us. Two small ones appeared between the town houses across the street, meaning the dog got the opportunity to bark at them from her comfy bed.

Finally, a big happy birthday to DaysDeG.

Good evening. I thought I got on here this morning but I guess it was just in my thoughts and intentions. I worked on my painting project off and on all day and finished it, to the point intended. I just did the outside because I have too many other things to do this week. I also got past my main hurdle with the hunting lease, which is a relief.

Hope Degrassi has a good birthday.

Wishing all of you a good evening and a restful night. Thinking of those who are in the path of the storm, and those who have been touched by the tragedies in our country.

Poirot, and Manada, we had some loud thunder and beautiful flashes of lightning over the weekend while camping then it poured rain on Saturday. I think you and Manada eventually got it but sounds like a bit stronger of a storm.

Robin, I didn't know you were a wizard of oz fan. I must keep that in mind.

Lil0, yup, I'm wearing my hoodie in the mornings now and every morning it stays darker just a little bit longer

Kat, haha, yes my car is signing autographs. Our car left some carbon on the cement pad of a lady's garage that it was parked in when I started it up. I felt bad and offered to clean it but one of he crew members cleaned it up. I think that could be my car's signature. Lol Mike took some shots of the grizzly bear and cubs so I'll get them from him and post them later.

Noel, I'm sending fall weather your way. That's crazy hot.

OC, that's got to feel good that the big painting is out of the way. You amaze me with all the things you do at your place.

Doc, it's funny how I rarely had problems getting into the States but was always grilled coming back to Canada, except one time. The U.S. border agents weren't going let me cross because I was going to help a friend in Montana with his branding and they couldn't or wouldn't believe that I was just helping and not getting paid. I must've went back n forth with him for about 10-15 minutes.

Well, yesterday was a long day on the tv set and don't think I'll do that again. But if I do, I'll leave the car with them because I was there from 5:58am and didn't get home til 8pm. Thankfully mike met me after he was done work and was nice he got to be involved too.

Have a great day everyone.

Back