9/4/2020 - Donuts and Wet Windows

Old Cowgirl

Reaction score
Good morning. It's 68* here, with 100% humidity. Not a cloud in the sky but there's fog or dew or whatever. All my windows are covered in condensate. Little streaks of it just beginning to roll down, as the sun is 1/3 of the way in peeking over the horizon. There's no wind at all. Very still and quiet here. I wasn't ready to wake up but a cramp in my foot brought me to the floor. I haven't had time to think what I'm going to do today. Maybe go to town and pay some bills, also go to the bank. At the first of the week my son said he might come out here and spend the night with me but I haven't heard anything else so I don't know whether to expect that or not.

Good morning........that has happened to me a couple times the last 2 weeks. (condensation on the windows. Today it is only on the grass.......49 this a.m. LOL Brrrrr. Turned off the ceiling fan. Been going for 3 months. The wind finally died down, pretty still here, too,.Sky is gorgeous shade of blue. Same as you, OC. Bills to pay, got to go to bank, finish up some other paperwork.

Good Morning,

I figured I'd stop in first thing before I get too busy. I had a humming bird stop by my impatiens for a snack. I tried to get a photo, but by the time I got around the chair to take a photo it had left, all I got to see was it's shadow flitting from flower to flower on my blinds. I don't keep them in the morning as the sun is too bright and I'd be blinded by the light. (I'm giggling as I continue the song in my head)

We had a pretty good night at Girl Scouts the girls discussed different kinds of art that you could do outside, and then made drawings of landscapes. We had some spare time at the end of the meeting, so they got some time to play on the playground, which I figured after 8 hours of screen time for school was a much needed activity.

Nothing unusual planned for today, work for me and school for Gena.

OC - I'm glad your temperatures have cooled, but 100% humidity is dreadful. I hope you errands go well today.

Poirot - Brr, that's a nippy morning, we're at 54* now, I haven't turned my ceiling fans off yet, but I did turn the speed down.

Have a great day everyone!

It's humid and cloudy today. Fog came in after my walk. It's only in the 70s,
but I had to turn the A/C on early this morning.

I washed rags this morning. I hope they dry. Goldie got sick last night and
again early this morning so all my rags needed washing. Something leaked
in my pantry too.

I raked again this morning. I did so much and came in since the air is so thick.
I'll be working on one of my studies today and go to the small library to pick
up some items.

OC, I hope you got to town to do your errands.

Poirot. I hope you'll get to the bank.

manda, I'm glad Girl Scouts went well last night.

I hope everyone has a nice three day weekend and remember Days won't be
on Monday.

Good morning everyone. Very strange that my phone keyboard is still closing after every letter, but only on the Spectator.

My payroll deposit is in my account today instead of Monday. Woohoohoo! Will make a run in search of cleaning supplies though I have no desire to go to Walmart. Will try other places first.

OC, that humidity sounds stifling.

Poirot, I can't wait for my temps to go that low.

Amanda, please let me know if I can help with supplies for your troop. I know you have girls who are from circumstances where they may not be able to participate in every thing the troop does.

Kat, I worry about you working outside in that heat and humidity.

Kat - I hope Goldie it okay, poor girl.

RS - ooh exciting day to get your pay check early. Thank you my dear friend, right now my troop is doing pretty well, 5 of the 6 girls earned free registration for this year thanks to my co-leader selling out our cookie stock and evenly dividing the sales amongst all the participants. The one who did not earn free registration (as she didn't participate in the sale) we paid her registration with the grant money we receive from my company every year for me donating my time.

When a person volunteers 40 hours a year we get a $500 donation to the charity or our choice, mine goes to Girl Scouts, half goes to the local counsel for scholarships and the other half goes to my troop. Next summer will be expensive again as our girls will bridge up to the next level of Scouting from Juniors to Cadettes, but that will be the final uniform we'll need to get for the little ladies. as the uniform is the same for Cadette, Senior, and Ambassador levels of Scouts. It almost makes me a little sad, to know they'll be moving on the last uniform soon. :love:

.49 this a.m.
:shocked::shocked:
we were in the low 90's this morning....... I don't think the Beast could handle his 2 am trip outside if it were that cold.

I broke quarantine to take him to doggie day care and then doggie school yesterday.

today I'm out to get a flu shot....then home.

Hi all - just after noon here and am watching Days. Am home for lunch.

OC - you must be further north in Texas than me. We are getting rain down here, spotty as it is.

I got paid today as well so paid a few bills before work this morning. Hoping my niece is coming to visit me this weekend. Her grandmother is complaining because of Hurricane Laura - told her the roads were clear for her tho, so we will see.

My baby dachsie made me late for work this morning because he wouldn't come in - he was on squirrel duty. He is such a stinker.

Hi everyone!

OC, I hope your crazy humidity has gone away by now.

Poirot, 49 would be winter here:rotfl:

rs, gotta love early pay due to the holiday. Which reminds me I almost got paid today.

manda, I feel like Gena just started Girl Scouts and now she'll get on to the last level next year.

robin, I can imagine Vinnie's antics if he were ever face with such cold temperatures:rotfl:

dachsie, at least you are well protected from those rascally squirrels:rotfl:

So, somehow my husband ended up being in the wedding for one of his cousins last minute and the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner are tonight. And we have to pay to go to the rehearsal dinner. Is this some weird new trend I don't know about? My mom paid for my brother's rehearsal dinner and my mother-in-law paid for ours. Also, my mother-in-law was volunteered as the Mistress of Ceremony at the last minute too despite the fact that she abhors her brother's cheating tramp of a wife. This is going to be interesting.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Friday!

The sun came out after 1. I hope my rags will dry.

rs, I set myself a time limit to be outside this morning. It was cloudy
at the time. I hope you found cleaning supplies.

manda, so far Goldie hasn't gotten sick today.

robin, I hope Vinnie enjoyed day care today.

red, I have never been to a rehearsal dinner before. I thought the groom's
family paid for that. I hope it isn't too expensive. Is the wedding going to
be outside? How are they handling everything with COVID?

dachsie, I hope your niece gets to visit you this weekend.

Red - weird to not have the groom's family pay for the rehearsal dinner. I've never heard of that unless it's a potluck style BBQ. I know a few couples who've done that. Gena has 3 more levels of Girl Scouts to go, but only 1 uniform switch, considering the next vest is $28 each, not including any patches. I'm relieved to only need one more.

Dachsie - stay safe in the storm.

Robin - 49* is beautiful weather, maybe Vinnie would like it.

Grr, I forgot to order Gena's school lunches for next week and the pick up times/dates are so stupid. I have to order before 10 AM the day before the pick up, which you would think would give me until Monday, but I'm locked out from pick ups for Tuesday morning (7-9AM), so she won't have lunch from school on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday.

Thursday evening (4-6PM) I can pick up for Friday through Thursday of the following week. This is frustrating, and unlike the spring when they had pick up at most of the schools, now it's only the 3 high schools in town, so who knows how long I'll have to sit in line to pick up her meals. I appreciate that they are still offering the meals, but good grief, can't it be a little bit easier to do. I scheduled myself an hour of vacation for next Thursday so I can pick them up as I also have to be to the Girl Scout Office by 5:05 to pick up our welcome back to Girl Scouting info packs.

I probably would skip that dinner, too. But it sounds like some plans fell through, with last minute favors being asked.

Mandy, I guess with Labor Day being a holiday, and kids just returning, they are scrambling, but good. Sorry about next week. Does Gena eat at school, or come home?

manda, I'm sorry you forgot to order Gena's lunches. You need to set the alarm
in your phone for next time. A friend gave me an old smart phone. There isn't
a sim card to do texting and other stuff, but I can set the alarm on it.

well my short trip to Walgreens to get a flu shot ended up being a 3 hour tour!!!

First issues at Walgreens had no idea there were tiered levels of flu shots... I had been told to get the flu shot for 2020 so that's what I asked for... NOT the flu shot for 2020 that is made for people over 65... my 10:30 appointment time was long gone before we got to that little issue so I left about an hour later.... then to Costco because while I was waiting Hunny Bunny's new meds were ready for pick up.... not planned but I'm out already so off we go.... Are you aware that this is the Friday before a 3 day weekend????

So now you know the zoo that was Costco..... I was blessed that someone in the second row backed out as I was circling for a space.... otherwise I'd have been out in the boonies.... got in line at their pharmacy and picked up the drugs..... did I mention that my debit card had fraud called in last Saturday??? So it was canceled.... I have no way to get to my money.... paid cash which they'd rather not have but sorry...... leave head to the car... am driving home.... when HB texts that he needs bananas.... Really???

I didn't go back to Costco, I went to a local Kroger store got banana, some store made potato salad for Labor Day when we will have hot dogs and potato salad... who-hoo, 1 day's meals planned..... just leaves tonight, Saturday and Sunday.......But the holiday is taken care of...... Then home.... unload the car to now find out he needs something else..... so I believe I will go bang my head against the wall.

robin, what a morning you had. I hope you got the flu shot. Did you call your
bank to get your debt card fixed?

Back