9/6/22 - Donuts and National Read a book day

katmouse

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
26253098.jpg

I used to love to read, did a lot of it. When I moved to town 4 years ago, most of my books went to our local library (because no room here). Alas, a few went that I wanted to keep (what happens when you have well meaning help) & I am one to re-read a book. And one I had since my childhood, probably read it 50 times, was Little Women. LOL. I could not believe I no longer had it. I tried for a long time to replace it, was very hard to find an "unabridged" version, which is what I had. Even the local librarian did not realize that what they had was "abridged" which means shortened. In the case of Little Women, it was shortened and always located in the children's section. Nope, but I found an unabridged one, at last, book store in another town. I do miss my old worn out book, tho. Gave a lot of my Agatha Christie collection as well.....but still have a few of those. Thing is, have problem with eyes, so cannot avidly read as I used to do. Mostly do Sunday paper, local paper, Reader's digest, LOLOL
No more Tom Clancy, Agatha Christie, Robert Ludlum....etc. I used to love gothic novels, probably read them all, (nahhh), period mysteries......oh, well. Enjoyed the hundreds and thousands I did read. Remember a lot of them.
"

Another semi foggy morning. The sun came out too soon.

After my haircut, I worked a little outside. I need to remember to spray for bugs when I take Fenix out.
Just going behind my house, I got bit by mosquitoes. My afternoon is full doing the summary for today.

"Little Woman" is one of my favorite books too. I have an old unabridged version.

I hope everyone has a good rest of the day.

Good morning..... I love reading as a child my mother who was a elementary school teacher until she got pregnant and was then no longer allowed to be around children. I don't know did they think pregnancy was catching? Most of the kids had moms in the same condition, but anyway, she always had a book read to us and made sure we read when we were able.... my boys read and I hope my grandkids will read. My youngest son didn't like reading... then he found the "scary" Goosebumps books by RL Stine, he was reading and has taken off. His teacher didn't approve of those books as per her opinion they weren't books, which made it even better to read because in his mind they were banned. As for me, now I'm a kindle reader, my wrist gets locked or just sore holding a book when I read so I no longer read actual book books. I'm a kindle reader. I did take several books to the cabin and put the brace on to read. I really enjoy reading and now that I"m no longer working will sometimes stay up till 2 reading a good book.

Happy Tuesday to all...

Hello. I didn't read much growing up but got hooked on it throughout the 1980s and tried to catch up on all the ones I'd missed when younger. I enjoy history, biographies, autobiographies and historical novels. I thought I'd get back to reading once life settled down for me but now it's a struggle to read most of the print in books. (Wish they'd make it dark instead of pale). I suppose I should try the Kindle route but I feel I already spend more time than I should looking at screens.

I had a "Poirot" night. Woke up at 3:00, awake/up until 7:00, then slept from 7 till 9. Very late with breakfast. Nothing done so far today. I had kinda planned to go to town but was not up to driving after such a restless night.

Back