9/8/2021 Donuts and Fall Weather????

Oh Robin, I can't stand cold weather but what you've got can't be described as anything but oppressive! We're still running daytime highs of close to 100* but we'll soon be getting some little fronts to break it up. Hope your workday is smooth sailing. Oops, poor choice of words.

I've done my morning routine. Didn't get off to the early start I'd planned. Couldn't go to sleep until after 2:00 last night, due to a late nap. Now I'm waiting and wondering when and if the well pump guy is going to show up.

Wishing everyone a good Wednesday.

Good Late morning everyone,
I'm having fall weather today, with a current temp of 67*F at noon. Sorry you are still stuck in a never ending heatwave Robin.

I may just chalk up this week as one of top weeks of my life. Gena got her cello on Monday, and today I was offered a newly created trainer position at work. They never even posted the position to the careers page, so it was completely out of the blue, bonus that I get a $3 per hour raise. I'm just giddy with excitement, especially after being so disappointed about not getting the training position that I interviewed for in the spring. I guess I made a better impression at the interview than I thought.

OC - I'm so glad the pipe guy is on the way to fix things for you.

I'm having a spring day. It's sunny with a nice breeze and in the low 80s. It's suppose to be
in the 90s over the weekend.

This morning, I went to the church library. There was something for me to do. The librarian
went in another day and printed out cards for card catalog (I don't think anyone uses it).
She printed a few more before she left. I stayed and tore them apart to put in the card
catalog cabinet.

manda, that's wonderful new about new job. Any word about Covid in Gena's class?

OC, glad to hear the pipe fixer coming. Try not to nap today. I know when it's hot your
body only wants to nap.

robin, sorry to hear your still having summer heat.

I hope everyone has a good afternoon.

Last edited:
Kat - glad you had a project at the library today. One of the boys in Gena's class has Covid, his last day in class was Thursday, so I had to notify the parents on my Girl Scouts at the other schools. The good news is that the boy is not in the same "pod" at school as any of the girls in the troop and none of my girls really interact with him, so hopefully everyone will be safe. A pod for anyone unaware is a group of about 5 students who work together as a group in all classes and for all school activities, each pod's desks are 6 to 7 feet away from the next nearest group.

manda, I'm l glad the boy wasn't in Gena's group and things will be ok for her and the ones in
his group. The small school by me decided not to mandate masks in school. If parents wanted
their kids wear masks, that was fine. They are dividing classrooms with kids with masks in one
group and ones without in another. I wonder how that's going.

that school sounds like they will have a mess on their hands. Gena's school has mandatory masking, but from what Gena tells me the teachers don't really enforce it. The boy who has Covid, usually had his mask on but his nose sticking out, which makes the mask worthless. I'm just glad Gena makes sure to wear her mask everyday to school, she hates it, but she understands and follows the rules.

Good afternoon everyone. Tried several times to post, but life got in the way.

Crazy day at work. A long day at a huge school with 52% of the kids being referred. Too much state paperwork / data entry involved for each child.

Got a call at 6:30 this morning from friend Cindy (Jim's widow) that she, her son, and his girlfriend were in a car accident Tuesday afternoon, and she was just being released from the hospital. A van pulled out of a parking lot directly into her path on a busy freeway here. The van driver had welded a 2 X 4 steel beam behind his bumper (illegal in Pennsylvania), and bragged about it to the police. No damage to his van except for a crack in his bumper. Cindy's car is totaled.

She has broken ribs, multiple cuts & bruises. Kinsey, has a broken arm with cuts and bruises. Shawn got the worst of it because he's so tall, and his knees were against the dashboard on the passenger side with the seat all of the way back. He has a fractured skull, cranial bleeding, fractured back, and a fractured hip. He was life-flighted from our local UPMC (University of Pittsburgh Medical Center) to the main hospital in Pittsburgh. When I talked to Cindy this afternoon, he has already had 2 surgeries to relieve pressure from brain swelling and to stop the brain bleed. The other surgeries will be done once his brain is stabilized.

Witnesses, including 2 nurses, a doctor, and a policeman, said the van pulled out directly in front of her then hit his breaks. This is on a 5 lane road with a 55 mph speed limit. Cindy doesn't know what the charges will be against the guy yet.

rs, sorry to hear about Cindy, her son and his girlfriend. I hope her son does well in surgery.
I hope the other driver has insurance

Thank you RS - I'm so sorry about Cindy and her family, how absolutely dreadful. I hope they all come through it okay, but it sounds like her son will have a very long recovery.

Sorry I'm so late getting back here. First chance I've had to get on my computer since right before noon. Looks like a lot going on.

Squirrel, what an awful thing for Cindy and her family. The injuries sound very painful. I hope they can all heal completely and that they can receive adequate monetary compensation (not that money can ever relieve the pain and suffering they are enduring).

Manda, wow, what a blessing for you in your job! It appears this is a case of one door closing so another could open. I hope it turns out to be better than you would have had with the promotion that didn't happen.

The broken pipe got repaired. I hope it's all in good condition now. The cows were around the water trough getting a drink when I went down to check on it late today. I followed the pump guy down to the well and sat on the back of his truck and watched while he dug up the pipe and replaced the broken part. Then when we got back to the house for me to pay him, we talked for a couple of hours before he left. Now I'm falling asleep. Woke up at 5 or 5:30 this morning.

Back