9/9/20 - Donuts and Weather Change

Old Cowgirl

Reaction score
Good morning. I woke up at 6:00 to the sound of rain. It hasn't let up yet. Temperature in the 50s* and will continue this way through tomorrow, before gradually going back up to the 80s* by the end of the week. I'm making a feeble attempt to resist turning on the heat but I doubt I'll stick with that idea for two days--maybe not even one. For now, I have on long sleeves and a winter scarf around my neck.

Weather is crazy all over. Yesterday I was talking with my cousin in Denver on the phone as it was beginning to snow there. She was ready to turn on her furnace.

Hope everyone stays safe, well, and as comfortable as possible in whatever situation you're in. Noel, glad to hear you will stay below 100*, finally. I hope it stays below that mark now.

Good Morning,

Boy, oh boy, fall moved in fast, it's a chilly 50* this morning, it rained most of the day yesterday and most of the night too. So far it's not raining this morning, but it looks like it could start again at any moment.

Gena has her frustrating school day today, as most of it is self study without a lot of direction from the teachers. Plus she's anxious about her visit with her dad tonight.

Nothing much going on for me, other than anxiety and insomnia kicking in as the ex's trial gets closer. Praying that he decides to take a plea deal so I don't have to testify.

OC - it's hard to believe you and I are having the same weather. Be well sweet lady!

Noel - it was good to see your post from yesterday this morning.

Have a wonderful blessed day everyone!

Good morning everyone!

It's raining and in the 70s here. A little taste of fall I guess.

OC, even though its in the 70s here my ac is still running due to the humidity so I'm wearing a light weight cardigan and I have a throw blanket on my lap.

manda, I hope Gena has a good visit with her dad tonight and that her school day improves. School started here yesterday and all the parents on Facebook seemed really frustrated with the virtual school mess.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

Red - it's the same here, parents and kids are super frustrated, teachers aren't answering emails, kids are more or less left to figure a lot of stuff out themselves, or asking their parents who are trying to work or whatever. I'm grateful that I only have 1 child, I can't imagine how parents with more than 1 child are dealing with this.

I'm having another summer day. It was sunny early this morning. It's getting
cloudy now. Rain is supposed to start this evening and rain all day tomorrow.

It was too hot and humid to work in the flowerbed yesterday afternoon. I went
out after breakfast and worked outside less than hour. The ground cover that
got in keeps coming back. I figured out this morning it has a long root system.

Today is Goldie's birthday. She's 14.

manda, I'm sorry Gena isn't having a good day with school. Then she has to
see her dad. I hope she can have a better day tomorrow. What day does the
trial start? Do you have to be there the whole time?

OC, enjoy the rain and cooler weather.

I hope everyone can survive today with all the crazy stuff going on out there.

Kat - Happy Birthday to Goldie

1599666245653.png
Wednesdays are the hardest school day for her as most of the day is independent study, all the other days they have more class time with the teachers. The trial is scheduled for Tuesday and Wednesday next week, I've been subpoenaed to be present both days since I'm the victim and primary witness, I have to call the night before to make sure I need to appear. I have it planned for Gena to spend the day/days with my brother while I'm at court.

Cloudy and overcast here again..did not rain. Understand huge rain pattern stretching all the way down the U.S. & either side, but we evidently seem to be on the edge. Very calm, so nothing moving, to bring rain or sun, even tho my weather gauge indicates "sun" today. But ......chilly, yep. 43!! Only got to 50 yesterday. Sooo gloomy out there.

Mandy, are there 2 different court things for your hubby? One for the divorce & this one coming up? Or am I confused again? Sorry Gena getting frazzled, so hard for beginning of school year.

Kat, am guessing Goldie gets a special treat today. My goodness, she certainly aged well. Our dogs did not ever get much beyond 7-9 years (Goldens). You take such good care of her.

OC...am glad you finally are getting some rain......yahoo!

Iamred. you having rain as well proves the report I heard was right. I think Fall really surprised us all over the U.S. & Canada, with how quickly it moved in. Have a good day......have a few errands this a.m. May not get to them til this afternoon! By the way, have a turtleneck on, long sleeves, plus a cardigan. LOL And no, the heat is not on yet.

I went outside to bring in a couple of packages and the humidity reminded me that it's still summer:rotfl:

Poirot, your temperatures are winter weather here.

kat, I hope Goldie is having a good birthday.

manda, I talked to a homeowner yesterday and she said that if she could have taken her daughter's Chromebook and thrown it out the window she would have.

Poirot - apparently there are 3 court things pending, 1 for the divorce (no date scheduled yet), 1 for his criminal stuff (next week), and 1 for closing our case with child protective services, which for some reason I never get the notices for in advance, as I had to appear by phone for that today, thank God my attorney called me right as I was supposed to be in the hearing. My nerves are still frazzled for this last one, not that much happened. He doesn't agree the CPS's recommendation for continued supervision so they granted a 30 day extension of the protective order and rescheduled the hearing. At least I know the date this time around.

1599672491791.png

Hi all - work has been crazy busy this morning, but I should have a lighter afternoon.

OC - we were supposed to get some cooler weather down here from that cold front, but I think its going to stall before it reaches us because we lost the cooler temps in the forecast. Extremely humid here tho and we may see a little more rain this afternoon.

Mandy - sounds like you have a mess on your hands. Good luck!

Kat - happy birthday to your pup. I did some flower bed work on Monday - it was my firs Labor Day off in 14 years. We dont get it at work - we traded it for the day after Thanksgiving, which I prefer. I took a vacation day. It was my first day off since February and I needed it.

Hope everyone has a great day. I have to head back to the clinic for my afternoon patients.

Capture.JPG
Happy Birthday Goldie!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last night when Vinnie and I went out for his two am piddle it was "chilly"...... it was 72.... it felt so nice...... but walking outside and not being hit by the wall of heat was so wonderful....... I didn't really mind that it too a while to find the Perfect spot...... all the windows and doors are open for now.... will have to shut them soon as HB doesn't like having them open.....

Manda.... that man is so irritating....and knowing he is only doing this to annoy you..... he shows no real attention to his daughter..... for the same reason I bet he will force a trial.... just to put you through it one more time...... But you have already shown him he has no control over you...... so go kick butt once more... or as often as needed....

Happy Wednesday.....

Good afternoon everyone. Our fall days have disappeared with a second day in the high 80s with disgusting humidity. Meanwhile, the guy who mows by lawn had to mulch leaves yesterday. Mother Nature has been confused for so long that she's recycling our seasons at too fast of a rate.

Noel - It was good seeing that you were able to post yesterday. Prayers continue for your recovery.

OC - I'm glad you're getting some rain. Will it be enough to help put water in the tanks?

Amanda - Like kat said, we'll all be behind you next week. Prayers will be going up like crazy that the bum gets what's coming to him. Hugs going out to Gena and you for her visit tonight. I know it is probably too much to hope that he pays more attention to her than to his phone for once.

kat - Happy Birthday to Goldie. She sure has been a wonderful companion for you.

Red - I don't know how you function in that heat and humidity especially when out doing inspections.

Poirot - I'll take your cooler temps, but you can keep the rain.

dachsie - Bless you for working through the pandemic. You deserve so much more than one extra day off.

robinsnest - I'm glad you got to be in the cooler night air if even just for a few minutes. I wonder what Vinnie would do if he ever had to do his business in snow??

Thank you all so very much. :love:

The ex may have opened a bigger can of worms than what he really wanted to by requesting the delay. Now the caseworker has time to turn in all the final documentation before the final hearing which usually gets done after. That allows her to to into more detail for the judge about what happens during his visits with Gena. The fact that his sister has been telling one thing to his alcohol and drug caseworker and another to our CPS caseworker, my work with my counselor, Gena's work with her counselor, and everything else. I've signed releases for both counselors to discuss relevant information with our caseworker.

Robin - I'm glad you got some cooler weather even if it was super early in the morning.

RS - sorry your heat is back

Dachsie - glad you have a slower afternoon.

Oooh, good news, Mandy. Yayyy!

So, I went out right after I finished the summary, not realizing it had started raining. It was lightly, but it was cold. So nothing like being out in a cold rain, despite being in my car, I did have to get out to go in a couple places, pick up a prescription, & the supermarket. Bad time of time there, people in a rush, trying to get their few items & back to be home when school bus arrives. And those doing what looked like 2 weeks of shopping right after work......Needless to say, I will have to return tomorrow, as I wanted out as well. Gosh it felt cold, probably needed winter jacket. LOL You know, in the spring, 40s seems warm, which it probably is to us after the zero degree winter. Ha.

Happy birthday to Goldie. She seems like such a sweetie.

Manda, Gena is in my thoughts tonight. I hope her visits will always be supervised!

The temperature here has stayed on 53* all day. I've had 3 and 3/4 inches of rain so far. My niece has had FIVE inches, which means some of my pastures over her way may have that much. There's a lull right now but there are still high chances of rain tonight and tomorrow. It's now starting to get chilly in my house.

Squirrel, the tanks probably have caught some water but much of the rain wasn't hard driving and the ground was so very dry, a lot will soak in before reaching the tanks. They aren't desperately low though, and maybe we'll get more, now that the ground has had a good drink and temperatures have moderated. Fall is typically when we get rains but anymore weather is so unpredictable, who knows?

Back