A big Welcome to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A new Site? I think I remember reading something about it about a month back. Is it a days related website?

Hello everyone! I'm new here, so if I'm doing this wrong, please help! :0) My name is Kristy and I'm 22. I've been watching Days since I was a little girl, and have always been a huge Deidre/Marlena fan. I am a very proud Mommy to a beautiful little boy, Austin, who just turned 1, so, that always keeps me busy! (I posted a picture of him and I on my profile, but I'm not sure how this works, so I hope ya'll can see it!) ;0) I am also a junior at George Mason University, in Fairfax Virginia, and I am hoping after I graduate to become a police officer with the Washington DC police department. I can't wait to get to know everyone here.
Kristy

Hey, Welcome aboard Austin's mom.....and you did very, very well. Pic is in your profile, and ADORABLE! And you got an avatar in. Post away now. :)

Yeah!! finally on here. I have been watching days since my grandma got me started when I was about 5yrs old. Since my life is so busy now, I rarely have a chance to watch so I depend upon sites like this to keep me updated.
I love Sami, always have she is a great character and has so much to her. My husband gets annoyed b/c sometime I can be obsessive about days, but he is getting used to it. We are expecting our second child in June, so then I will have a little more freedom to watch more regularly.

New from "da burgh"...

Hi all from pittsburgh...decided i would finally join the site. been checking out the days ahead for a little over a year and really enjoy seeing everyone's thoughts. if i remember correctly, the first episode of days i ever saw was the steve/kayla "lady in red"...thanks to 3 female cousins that i grew up with, days was quite a family affair. we taped the show while at school, watched it when we got home, then called each other to talk about it! drifted away for almost 10 years, and discovered i had soapnet over the summer a year or so ago, watched one of those back-to-back-to-back episodes. seeing so many of my old favorite characters back on screen got me hooked. now this is my guilty pleasure (well, if you don't count reese's peanut butter cups!) in the evenings watching the dvr. looking forward to being a part officially of this little corner of the online world. :)

I admit it I've been lurking for awhile. :o I've been looking for a new board my comp. can keep up with. ( It is very slow!) I do start off shy;but once I get to know people WATCH OUT! :evillaugh:

Sherlock here. Joined Tuesday. I love days and have been watching since 1965. No matter how boring or unrealistic the s/l are, I can't help myself. I just gotta read about it or watch it.

This is one of the best boards around, and the only one that I joined. I am looking forward to being able to "talk" about my show!

As far as characters go, I loved the Bo & Hope of 20+ years ago. They were the two most beautiful people on TV then. Still looking pretty good now too. I also like Sami & EJ for some reason. I liked Lumi several years ago, but Ali and James do have a certain chemistry. I loved John years ago, but lately, he just was not the John of old. I can't decide if I want him to come back or not.

Stefano is my favorite. I hope they keep him around and make him nastier than ever.

Finally joined!

Hi- Long time lurker here. I've been watching DAYS since the mid-80's when my babysitter got me hooked one summer.

The storylines have been soooo weird in my opinion. However, I guess its one of those things that you know you shouldn't look, but you can't help yourself...LOL.

Nice to finally be "official". I've enjoyed you all over the time I've been lurking around!

I've been watching Days on and off for 20+ years. I'd get disgusted (like seeing Wayne Northrop come back as Dr. Alex North when I can clearly see him as Roman Brady) and I'd leave for a while. Then I'd come back and watch for a while. It's hard to really follow the s/l's when things get weird like that. But anyway, I'd still try to keep up via reading it online, which is where you all come in. Thanks to the Salem Spectator, I started watching again.

@Abigail1031

Welcome aboard. Granted, these aren't the same storylines that ran on for YEARS, but hey, at least you can't skip 6 months and come back in and nothing has changed, right? :)

Wayne

@Patriots87

1) Welcome aboard. It's always fun to make new friends.

2) Glad we could help get you back into Days. I too find these storylines a lot different than they used to be, and I'm surprised how little and how few veteran actors are on screen these days but we ALL knew for at least 4 years that I'm aware of that they are trying to save Days by revitalizing it towards the younger crowd.

Humorously, the veteran actors WERE the "younger crowd" in the 70's and 80's but they got older and TPTB, rather than trying to move forward and keep the younger crowd interested, stayed with the now veteran actors. As much as we LOVE the veteran actors, this decision by TPTB allowed the show to stagnate for years.

Toss in things like the OJ Trial which interrupted Days for MONTHS and the audiences dwindled rapidly. Luckily, while it's a little harder to keep up with Days if you skip a bit now, at least we have to give them credit for trying to revitalize it.

Wayne

Hello to all

A Merry Christmas to all,
I love days of our lives and love this site. It Rocks :smile:smile: Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year:clap:
Chowie for now

Good morning! My name is Kelly. I don't get to watch Days anymore because of my work schedule but am still interested in knowing what is happening with the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back